PDA

View Full Version : Ford Sierra RS 500 overpowered ?

Sam Scheudson
30-09-2017, 00:09
Hello guys,

i am playing project cars 2 since 20 h and driving only in the group A with the Audi V8 quattro.
It seems the Ford is way overpowered, no car has a chance against them, even at the start .

The Audi has much more torque, more horsepower and of course the quattro system, so i should clearly be faster .
Please, can anyone explain it to me, why the sierra is so fast

greetings

Mahjik
30-09-2017, 01:12
What track or tracks are you driving? The Sierra has a ton of straight line speed, but it lacks good cornering. With that, there will be tracks where it shines and other tracks where you can't really use all that power.

Purg
30-09-2017, 05:27
The Audi at Monza gets stomped. Looking at the stats page of each vehicle, the Audi has a much higher top speed but doesn't come anywhere near it with the 'loose' setup here. I don't know if it's a gearing thing or it's simply slower. You get taken by the Sierra as if you were standing still. It never raced in Australia so I'm unsure how quick it is compared to the Sierra (which did and dominated)

Sam Scheudson
30-09-2017, 08:06
that explains not Why the sierra is faster. The Audi was well known for its speed on the straights. The Audi has 450 HP and the Ford 390 . I know the Audi has more weight but this not a reason ,that the ford is faster then all cars here.
Yes on street circuits, the race is only between audi and ford...but this isnt correct. So how can the ford be faster with lower torque , Hp and only with rear wheel drive ?

Maxwel
06-02-2018, 08:43
Sierra I about 600 plus on full boost

MaximusN
06-02-2018, 10:02
So how can the ford be faster with lower torque , Hp and only with rear wheel drive ?

It has a Turbo. So it will have a flatter torque curve where it matters. That means peak torque might not be as high, but a similar torque value is available through a bigger RPM range. Or to oversimplify it: the average torque(in the range where it matters) is much closer to peak torque than in the NA Audi. And that also transates to HP being more readily available in the Ford(unless you get under boost RPM ;).

dan2312
06-02-2018, 10:16
You seem to be forgetting that AWD eats into a cars power transferred from engine to wheels.

RWD cars get more power to wheels than a AWD car, hence better top speed.

IF i recall FWD lose 10%-15% power from engine to wheels
RWD 10%-18%
AWD 17%-25%