PDA

View Full Version : Ignition?

jdmnsprd
30-09-2017, 02:13
Whats the purpose for the ignition button if theres an engine start button?

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:17
Whats the purpose for the ignition button if theres an engine start button?

That's fairly normal for a race car. Ignition off means safe, less chance of sparks igniting things etc.

AbeWoz
30-09-2017, 03:20
ignition is essentially turning on the electrical power. the start button starts the engine.

Awong124
30-09-2017, 04:27
But is there any practical reason to map it to a button in the game? Does it serve any practical function?

Aldo Zampatti
30-09-2017, 04:29
But is there any practical reason to map it to a button in the game? Does it serve any practical function?
Authenticity...
If we wouldn't have it, probably you'll find a few in the forums complaining, I assume.

Thomas Sikora
30-09-2017, 08:32
You use it to shut down the engine.

used it one time for fuel saving were i noted that i had 2 liter less then needed for a complete LAP in LM!
you drive a LMP, switch the engine off after 2/3 of the straigth by igk_Off,, press the clutch put directly on IGK then you coast without engine running, you start engine before corner by the StartButton and drive.
That works better then driving very slow if you need fuel saving.

And as Aldo said..its really realistic and if we don't had it....it would complain it because i would run out of fuel in this race :p

F1Aussie
30-09-2017, 08:56
It would be good if Manual start really was manual start. I have the buttons mapped and have not needed to manually start a car once even though this option is on.

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 09:08
Some people stall their car, especially if you are using a manual clutch, also sometimes after a crash and the engine switches off.

jdmnsprd
30-09-2017, 19:37
Some people stall their car, especially if you are using a manual clutch, also sometimes after a crash and the engine switches off.

I stall the car and i never use the ignition button only the engine start button while i press the clutch and the car turns on fine

AbeWoz
30-09-2017, 19:58
I stall the car and i never use the ignition button only the engine start button while i press the clutch and the car turns on fine

thats because stalling the car doesn't kill the electrical.