PDA

View Full Version : Problem with joker lap @ Knockhill

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 05:54
Been doing some Rallycross Lites at Knockhill, and noticed the following in back to back custom races:

I start the race, finish my first lap, and the game records me as having taken my joker lap, even though I haven't. Then, when I actually do take the joker, I get penalized for taking it twice.

*edit* using the rallycross preset, btw. Everything else default.

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 06:07
Tested it again, it seems to have something to do with where the exit of the joker lap rejoins the rest of the track. On the final corner, if you drift wide, you'll drift into where the joker lap rejoins, and apparently the game is seeing that as having taken a joker lap.

Cladandadum
30-09-2017, 07:53
Tested it again, it seems to have something to do with where the exit of the joker lap rejoins the rest of the track. On the final corner, if you drift wide, you'll drift into where the joker lap rejoins, and apparently the game is seeing that as having taken a joker lap.

Had the same problem. Also the AI didn't take the joker lap and showed as having completed. Needless to say it was a frustrating loss.

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 13:42
Any chance we could get confirmation that this is either a known bug, or is being investigated? Not trying to be pushy, and I know there are bigger problems to fix than this, I just don't want to let things fall through the cracks if I can help it.

JoshTheGeologist
30-09-2017, 13:54
I also saw issues at Knockhill. I lost races because the AI would not joker. This has happened to me at other rally tracks as well

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 14:52
I also saw issues at Knockhill. I lost races because the AI would not joker. This has happened to me at other rally tracks as well

Any you can think of, off the top of your head? I ran through all of the Rallycross tracks last night except for a couple of the Dirtfish ones. Didn't notice any weirdness except at Knockhill, but I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for it now.

JoshTheGeologist
30-09-2017, 15:25
I cannot recall. I'll have to give it another go tonight

xtro
30-09-2017, 15:42
This looks like a bug. It is happening also at the Dirtfish tracks. I started a RX career yesterday and lost a couple of races because of this.

JoshTheGeologist
30-09-2017, 17:19
This looks like a bug. It is happening also at the Dirtfish tracks. I started a RX career yesterday and lost a couple of races because of this.

Hopefully they can patch it in the first patch. I really wanna do more rally races!

xtro
30-09-2017, 20:31
To be fair once you're aware of this you can easily take it a bit wider each time you're close to the joker lane and avoid this bug... RX is awesome in this game. it's a class (or 2) above dirt 4

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 20:49
Yeah but it's affecting AI too, apparently. So if you play properly and take your joker lap, and the AI doesn't (but still gets credit for doing so), that's not exactly fair. Likewise if you don't realize that the game thinks you've taken your joker, then you get penalized for actually taking it...that sucks. It's not gamebreaking, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

Plato99
30-09-2017, 21:08
Joker lap is broken at Lydden Hill too. It's possible to complete a race without doing a joker at all without being penalised for the infraction.