PDA

View Full Version : World Shake PS4

wyldanimal
30-09-2017, 08:12
I've noticed that the World Shake control in the Motion Settings, doesn't seem to be working at all on many of the tracks.
One in Particular is Bathurst coming down the hill through the chicanes.
It causes me to feel ill due to motion sickness.

I've got the World Shake setting down to 0, and at Bathurst, the Wold shakes like it's about to fly apart.
( in pCars 1, I use 10 or 20 for this setting. it works perfect in pCars 1 )
So i think it is a Bug, Some tracks I don't notice much if any World shake, and on others,
I have a hard time doing more than a few laps, before I'm nauseous.

LukeC
30-09-2017, 08:20
I've noticed that the World Shake control in the Motion Settings, doesn't seem to be working at all on many of the tracks.

I've got the World Shake setting down to 0, and at Bathurst, the Wold shakes like it's about to fly apart.
So i think it is a Bug, Some tracks I don't notice much if any World shake, and on others,

Is this the one where 100 = 0?

I have my world movement on 100 and I've got zero camera movement.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 08:21

You're running it in the wrong direction. Title fixed...

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 09:38
Yep use 100 not 0.

wyldanimal
01-10-2017, 06:42

Thanks, I'll give that a try next chance I get ! :eagerness:

hkraft300
01-10-2017, 08:17
Yep use 100 not 0.

I'm looking at the camera movement settings page now.
The help section says (for world movement):

"...the lower the number, the less car and camera movement you will experience..."

So you reckon I should increase the number to perceive less movement?

Roger Prynne
01-10-2017, 08:26
Yeah for 'World' movement.
Just try it for yourself.

hkraft300
01-10-2017, 08:32
Yeah for 'World' movement.
Just try it for yourself.

Will do, cheers.
Default 50 is a bit too much movement for my liking.
I reduced the number to 25. Drove the R18 at bathurst and barely kept bit together. So much camera movement I barely kept it together.
Weird that I posted a PB still :glee:

Just did a fresh install. I increased the G and world movement numbers. See how we go...

Edit: much better! In the SP300 at Bathurst atm. Higher number = less perceived camera movement!

wyldanimal
04-10-2017, 05:22

Yep use 100 not 0.

Ian Bell, Roger Prynne,

I have tried the Setting for World Movement at 100. I must say this is So much Worse. That is not even remotly close to how it would look in real life, if you were sitting in the drivers seat.

to Me, pCars1, was the GOLD standard, as to getting the simulated in Car movement to match real life experience.

on pCars1, with the World Movement set to between 10 and 20,
What you see in game play, very closely matches real life driving.

pCars2 also set between 10 and 20, is very Close. But something in the Camera Movement Code, gets out of Wack, when the track has a Height transition, Going Down hill.
The Out side World starts to make abrupt, unnatural changes.

I've done my Best to Capture on Video's these differences. My equipment is not top notch, I'm not a professional Videographer.

I give to you my Side by Side comparison Videos.
Please share these with the Development Group responsible for the Camera Movement code.
They Had it Spot on in pCars1, but something is just a bit out of sorts with pCars2

Respectfully,

George Patterson WMD2 Gold Member

Videos Captured using the PS4 Pro's share Feature.
these were then downloaded and Displayed Side by Side on a 4K computer screen.
Using Screen Capture software, I recorded the Side by Side videos as they Played.
to Keep them, relatively in Sync. I would momentarily Pause the Side that was Ahead.
like I said, I don't have the Best Video recording setup, and I don't do this very Often.

pCars1 on the Left, pCars2 on the right. both Motion settings the Same. World Motion set to 10.
Mazda Laguna Seca race track 2 laps.
The Motion in pCars1 is close to how it would look in real life.

Best viewed on a 4K screen.
Cast your Focus out ahead of the Car to the Braking point, or Corner Apex.
Especially, during the Down hill section.
Notice how in pCars1 the World outside, hardly moves. But in pCars2, there are some abrupt outside world movements
in pCars1, you can put your finger on the Focus Point and it doesn't move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFN3fYI4waM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFN3fYI4waM

World Movement set to 100
This is just wrong in so many ways.
I've driven 600 hp Stock cars at over 200 MPH, on real race circuits.
I've driven High Performance Street Cars competitively, ( although illegally ) on make shift Street courses.
I know what it looks Like from the Drivers perspective. The Outside world does not Move around like this.

You could stick a nail in the center of the steering wheel, it never moves.
This is how a video would look, made with a camera rigidly mounted to the Safety Cage.
It's view of the interior, never changes, while the Outside world Moves all around.
This is Not what the Driver would see with his eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41dT7tQhd7A

wyldanimal
04-10-2017, 05:33
Here are the Other Two Side by Side videos...

pCars 1 World Motion set to 10, and World motion Set to 100.
Which Side looks more real to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln4_CFVA6-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln4_CFVA6-g

pCars2 World motion set to 10, and World motion set to 100.
Which Side looks Better..
Although there dose seem to be an issues with the world Motion set to 10, if there is a height change in the track, especially when going down hill.
It looks very similar to World motion set to 100 in that instance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWXA2crVgXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWXA2crVgXQ

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 09:21
As a WMD2 member shouldn't you be posting this over there?
Also those vids are so jumpy/lagy/low fps that I cant really tell the difference as they are hard too watch.

Fanapryde
04-10-2017, 09:31
I wish (wished it already in pCars1) that there was a setting that completely locks the horizon, while still being free to choose the amount of car movement (bumps/curbs etc.) without the dash going up and down like crazy on climbs/descends.
If there is a way, please tell me, since I can't figure that one out.

Edit: just noticed that this is a PS4 thread, but anyway... :p

wyldanimal
05-10-2017, 05:21
As a WMD2 member shouldn't you be posting this over there?
Also those vids are so jumpy/lagy/low fps that I cant really tell the difference as they are hard too watch.

maybe it's your hardware or broadband connection
They were recorded and uploaded at 2K 30fps.
Each side is a FULL HD 1080p video at 30fps.

But the Point of this is.... The Video is a demonstration of a flaw.
the video isn't intended to be used to diagnose what's wrong..

Get out a PS4 pro, play the Game on the PS4 pro. Drive Bathhurst, Laguna Seca, or Any track that has elevation Change.
when the Camera Motion Option, World motion is set to 0 - Meaning the Outside world shouldn't be moving.
It shakes all over the place when there is an Elevation Change.

Go Drive the Same Car / track on pCars1, with the same World motion Setting.
It's smooth as silk..
pCars1 Got it right... Something is flawed on pCars2

hkraft300
05-10-2017, 07:14
0 is Maximum movement!

I was confused by the menu description too.

Try 100 for no movement :)

I have it set at 65 now and it's good for me, but that still could be too much for you.

wyldanimal
05-10-2017, 21:03
0 is Maximum movement!

I was confused by the menu description too.

Try 100 for no movement :)

I have it set at 65 now and it's good for me, but that still could be too much for you.

Respectfully, Nope, Sorry. 100 is 100% world Movement only. The Car is stationary, and the World Moves...
Here is the Side by Side with World Movement at 100. So Not real looking.. terrible...
pcars1 on left, pcars2 on right

0 is no World Movement. The Horizontal plane of the World does not Move, but the car Body does..

at 10 to 20, is close to how it is in real life when you are behind the Wheel.

To Be Honest, there should be Two Controls.
One to adjust World Movement. ( this would be set to 10 ) So on Big Bumps, yes, your eyes would see some world Movement.
The Other, a Separate one for Car movement. This would be set around 60 or 70. When your eyes focus on a point outside the car, such as the braking point or corner apex,
you notice in your peripheral vision, the Car moves around. not the world. The Horizontal plane of the world doesn't move up and down.. as your car turns, the horizontal plane, shifts left or right.

I want to see the car move a bit, but the World to NOT move.
That is how it is in real life behind the wheel.

pCars1, with World movement set to 10 or 20 ( depends on the car ) It is almost Perfect simulation.
pCars2, something is a bit out of sorts.. It needs to be looked at..

So Many Sim titles get this Wrong.
pCars1 was almost perfect... pCars 2 needs a patch.

wyldanimal
06-10-2017, 06:31
I posted individual Videos on Bathhurst. if it helps any...

pCars1 - Watch from 1:08, going down the hill through the chicanes. Focus on the outside world.. Notice how smooth it is. It doesn't bounce and shake
https://youtu.be/IGAOAbQNlH8?t=1m8s

pCars2 - Watch from 1:14, going down the Hill. notice the erratic Jumps the Outside world makes. It bounces and shakes.
https://youtu.be/SjlgiuZCIMQ?t=1m14s

pCars1 watch from 1:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGAOAbQNlH8?t=1m8s

pCars2 watch from 1:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjlgiuZCIMQ?t=1m14s

hkraft300
06-10-2017, 07:13
I have body (in car camera movement or whatever it's called) and world movement both at 65 and it feels great.
Maybe you could try that, if 0/100 isn't working at all?

Fanapryde
06-10-2017, 09:03
I have body (in car camera movement or whatever it's called) and world movement both at 65 and it feels great.
Do you mean the G-force effect ? I have that at 60 (still trying out though).

World movement at 30 (also still trying).
Set to 100 the car (cockpit cam obviously) is completely still and the horizon bounces up and down.
Set to 0 the horizon is stable but the car (dashboard) is moving up and town too much.
30 seems to suit me more or less (though the dash is still moving up and down too much), but actually the horizon should always be stable (like IRL) and a slider to change the way the car moves would be optimal imo.

A quote from someone who made an app 'Real Head Motion' used in several sims:

"""""In a real car:
When you are driving, you are looking at the road, and all the bumps are filter/corrected by your inner ears, so the viewing of the track is smooth and it's the car's cockpit that moves around you.

What happens in a Sim
Because you are sitting on a standing chair/seat, you're head is not moving at all, so inner ear is not working, eyes don't correct bumps.
That creates 2 issues :
1) you can't focus on the road, the road is shaking and not smooth, it's difficult to drive
2) you can get nausea because you have conflicting information between eyes and inner ears."""""

Roger Prynne
06-10-2017, 09:10
I posted individual Videos on Bathhurst. if it helps any...
pCars1 - Watch from 1:08, going down the hill through the chicanes. Focus on the outside world.. Notice how smooth it is. It doesn't bounce and shake
pCars2 - Watch from 1:14, going down the Hill. notice the erratic Jumps the Outside world makes. It bounces and shakes.
pCars1 watch from 1:08
pCars2 watch from 1:14

I think you've made your point, so no need to keep going on about in multiple posts.
Like I said, take it up on the WMD2 forum.

wyldanimal
06-10-2017, 18:03
Maybe you could try that, if 0/100 isn't working at all?

I've tried all settings in between. the Higher the Setting the worse it is.. By Worse I mean How much the Outside of the car moves about.
to Simulate real driving the Outside shouldn't move but a tiny bit on big bumps.
On pCars1, you can set it and it works.
On Pcars2, something isn't right when there is an Elevation change.

Do you mean the G-force effect ? I have that at 60 (still trying out though).

A quote from someone who made an app 'Real Head Motion' used in several sims:

"""""In a real car:
When you are driving, you are looking at the road, and all the bumps are filter/corrected by your inner ears, so the viewing of the track is smooth and it's the car's cockpit that moves around you.

What happens in a Sim
Because you are sitting on a standing chair/seat, you're head is not moving at all, so inner ear is not working, eyes don't correct bumps.
That creates 2 issues :
1) you can't focus on the road, the road is shaking and not smooth, it's difficult to drive
2) you can get nausea because you have conflicting information between eyes and inner ears."""""

Finally, someone that gets it... Perhaps, maybe only persons with Actual Behind the Wheel racing experience understand.

With all the In car replay Video footage, where the camera is Fixed to the body of the car. The Videos give a false sense of what it should look like.
and I find that Most Sim's try to Simulate, that replay Video footage, where the Cockpit doesn't move, but the Road or Outside world does.
And from Having Real on the Track racing experience, I know that every one of these videos and Sims that simulate the videos, have it all wrong.
It doesn't look like that. The Road doesn't bounce up and down, the would outside the windscreen doesn't move up and down.

wyldanimal
06-10-2017, 18:09
I think you've made your point, so no need to keep going on about in multiple posts.
Like I said, take it up on the WMD2 forum.

Roger,
I thought these public forums were the proper place to report issues and Bugs.
and to get other members feedback.

From your remarks I can't discern the status,
does that Mean this Issue has not been added to the list of known Issues?
Meaning that Unless I report on the WMD2 forum, it's not been Added?

I was informed that, the forums were monitored, and bugs were being added to an Internal List to give the devs.
So I'm just trying to discern if this issue is already reported and on the list, or do I have to report it on the private WMD2 forum?
( which logically, to me, defeats the entire purpose of this forum all together. )

Roger Prynne
06-10-2017, 19:59
Like I said you have made your point more than once, doing it multiple times is not going to achieve anything.
So perhaps you might get a better response or reasons why it is like it is on the WMD2 forum where the Devs are much more active.

I'm only trying to steer you in the right direction and I'm not having a go at you personally.
I mean you are a WMD2 member after all and they have their own bug threads.

wyldanimal
06-10-2017, 20:09
So perhaps you might get a better response or reasons why it is like it is on the WMD2 forum where the Devs are much more active.

I'm only trying to steer you in the right direction and I'm not having a go at you personally.

I did not take your comments personally, and nor were my replies in any way personally towards you.
I have taken your advice and made a report on the WMD2 forums.
Thank you.