PDA

View Full Version : KTM GT4 Driver post.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 08:42
I highlighted it to copy it for the team and accidentally deleted the thread instead... Apologies.

Please repost if you read this.

Massek
30-09-2017, 09:04
Hi, no worries, I will try to write it same like first time.

Fist at all thank you for adding this car, anyway after 2 years of experience with this car, I have found many diferences between real car, and game in car:

-Engine rev limit is 7.000 RPM, I did hit it in game somewhere around 6.500
-Fuel cell is 70l (optionaly 120)
-Car has no traction control (yet)
-There are two gearbox ratios available (no one fits ratios in game)
-Camber range doesn´t corespojnd with possibility in real
-Ride height setting is strange and completely out of setting possible
-Dampers range is also different from dampers availible in real.

There will be probably more things which are different, you can PM me anytime if you need any sugestions.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 09:17
Hi, no worries, I will try to write it same like first time.

Fist at all thank you for adding this car, anyway after 2 years of experience with this car, I have found many diferences between real car, and game in car:

-Engine rev limit is 7.000 RPM, I did hit it in game somewhere around 6.500
-Fuel cell is 70l (optionaly 120)
-Car has no traction control (yet)
-There are two gearbox ratios available (no one fits ratios in game)
-Camber range doesn´t corespojnd with possibility in real
-Ride height setting is strange and completely out of setting possible
-Dampers range is also different from dampers availible in real.

There will be probably more things which are different, you can PM me anytime if you need any sugestions.

Passed to Casey thanks. On Aids we are a little flexible there so ignore those and check ECU in the setup as it might be alterable (unsure upfront).

The camber is based on the CAD files though and should be accurate.

I believe we're stuck with one gearbox technically as we don't have swaps...

What's up with the ride heights?

Massek
30-09-2017, 09:38
Passed to Casey thanks. On Aids we are a little flexible there so ignore those and check ECU in the setup as it might be alterable (unsure upfront).

The camber is based on the CAD files though and should be accurate.

I believe we're stuck with one gearbox technically as we don't have swaps...

What's up with the ride heights?

With camber, ok, but normaly we can run up to 4 degrees at all wheels

Gerbox - there should be 3,625 final drive, or 4,067 1st gear is 2,2

Minimum ride heights measured on car are 70 mm in front and 192 in rear, in game it is 110 on both axles, I know it must be probably to some certain line, but it will be probably fictional, as the underfloor is not flat. It has bend in the rear.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 09:47
With camber, ok, but normaly we can run up to 4 degrees at all wheels

Gerbox - there should be 3,625 final drive, or 4,067 1st gear is 2,2

Minimum ride heights measured on car are 70 mm in front and 192 in rear, in game it is 110 on both axles, I know it must be probably to some certain line, but it will be probably fictional, as the underfloor is not flat. It has bend in the rear.

Cool, we can certainly set those final drive cogs.

On the under tray and ride height, I have no doubt Casey can improve things there (which should affect the downforce organically).

blankfile
30-09-2017, 14:24
I seem to remember a post from Casey about the minimum front ride height being a BOP thing

Casey Ringley
02-10-2017, 16:15
Thanks for the info, Massek! I think our final drive ratio info was maybe from a pre-homologation version or something. Will add those two ratios and remove the incorrect one.

We did go with the optional 120L fuel tank, yeah.

Having traction control allowed was, IIRC, a request from someone at KTM since they do plan to add it on the car soon.

The ride height and camber limitations are because we're trying to stick as close as we can to the Pirelli World Challenge BoP. Link to latest below, but they've been fiddling with this car a LOT during the 2017 season from the looks of it so we can be flexible. One thing that has been consistent is ride height minimums; they force the car to run 40mm above that 70mm number, which is where the 110mm comes from in game. It's all about equalizing downforce levels with the more traditional GT4 cars, as I'm sure you know. For rear ride height, our systems imagine measuring from a flat reference plane across the whole floor of the car for ride height measurement. I might be able to adjust the aero model so the model stays the same but uses that measurement point at the end of the diffuser so you get the 192mm right height minimum in the car setup UI. Will experiment with that, but know that the current 110mm rear ride height number (on the reference plane at the axle) matches 192mm at the diffuser exit. EDIT - Or rather 110mm matches the 192+40mm number per PWC BoP

Our engine currently has the 7000rpm rev limit, but it looks like they've moved it to 6700rpm now (glad they ditched the per-gear rev limits from early this season!) and we can change it over to that no problem.

Would it be possible to share damper plots for us to match? It sounds like that's an area where you have more up to date data than we do. I'll shoot you a PM where we can discuss that part.

http://files.world-challenge.com/vehicletech/appendix/PWC-AppendixA-GTS-GT4-v115.pdf

thepharcyde
02-10-2017, 16:30
This is exactly the right way to have addressed something....well done team SMS