PDA

View Full Version : Rally Cross Joker Lap

Plato99
30-09-2017, 08:49
Has the mandatory joker lap not been implemended in Rally Cross?
I just did a 5 lap race at Lidden Hill, forgot to take the joker, but still won.
I can't find it in any settings. Any ideas please?

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 08:50
Has the mandatory joker lap not been implemended in Rally Cross?
I just did a 5 lap race at Lidden Hill, forgot to take the joker, but still won.
I can't find it in any settings. Any ideas please?

It is fully implemented yes.

Plato99
30-09-2017, 09:01
It is fully implemented yes.
Hi Ian, thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to be working. I created a custom offline event and it let me win without taking the joker.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 09:04
Hi Ian, thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to be working. I created a custom offline event and it let me win without taking the joker.

This is the first report we've had of that. Which track please and I assume you had AI?

Plato99
30-09-2017, 09:11
Xbox One.
Lydden Hill.
4 AI.
5 laps.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 09:15
Xbox One.
Lydden Hill.
4 AI.
5 laps.

OK just ran it and it penalised me for not taking the joker. I'll get the guys to look at it though.

Plato99
30-09-2017, 09:35
How strange. It definitely let me win!

Erwin Berkers
30-09-2017, 11:48
Have you setup the rally through the rally preset (quick race) that enforces certain rules?

There is one track (think it was dirt fish?) where the joker lap actually saves you time, and you can take it every lap without panalty if set up without the rally preset.

Killso2
30-09-2017, 11:54
I've also seen an online race where the winner didn't take the joker lap and wasn't penalized.

JoshTheGeologist
30-09-2017, 12:18
@IanBell there are more issues unfortunately. I've had multiple experiences where some of the AI will not joker. Most recently this happened at knockhill in a 3 lap race with a full field.

N0body Of The Goat
30-09-2017, 17:03
This situation rings a bell as something that was reported at WMD towards the end of testing.

But it might just be my head ringing and I made it up.;)

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 17:10
I reported issues with joker laps at Knockhill earlier today:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53727-Problem-with-joker-lap-Knockhill

Sessionerror
01-10-2017, 08:09
This situation rings a bell as something that was reported at WMD towards the end of testing.

But it might just be my head ringing and I made it up.;)

I've reported in WMD 2, joker lap is only working in the preset. If you want to run longer or shorter races and therefore define your own race, it's not working. This means you're not being penalised for not taking it, and you're also not being penalised for taking it twice (which is an advantage at Dirtfish)

Ian Bell
01-10-2017, 08:18
I've reported in WMD 2, joker lap is only working in the preset. If you want to run longer or shorter races and therefore define your own race, it's not working. This means you're not being penalised for not taking it, and you're also not being penalised for taking it twice (which is an advantage at Dirtfish)

Ahh, interesting. I went default. We'll look at it guys.

nightgost
24-05-2018, 17:11
I've never encountered any issues, but obviously they should be easy fixes to implement in the next updates!

send me a pm if you wish to help me moderate a facebook group with weekly races etc...