PDA

View Full Version : For those having issues with Thrustmaster Tx....

Super Supes
30-09-2017, 09:57
So i have been having issues with Tx from release. Ffb all over the place, wheel screwing about for no reason etc etc.
I was told i should try to update the Firmware as others i race with arent having the issues.
Now after talking to Thustmaster directly the Firmware's latest release is V50 from 2015.
HOWEVER they have released updated Driver's for the wheel which apparently Flash save to the wheel and do benefit the Xbox 1 .
Now aswell as updating the drivers on the wheel i also deleted and re-installed the game, reset to default the wheel settings, left the "Informative" setting and ran the Calibration.

After playing for 2hours in different cars/tracks/conditions it was a HECK OF A LOT BETTER.

So would recommend anyone having issues to give it a go.

If you go to the Thrustmaster support page for the Tx and you want to download the below pack and install.
Has to be done via a Pc obviously.

Hope this can help:yes:

CXR PhilGDUK
30-09-2017, 11:04
So i have been having issues with Tx from release. Ffb all over the place, wheel screwing about for no reason etc etc.
I was told i should try to update the Firmware as others i race with arent having the issues.
Now after talking to Thustmaster directly the Firmware's latest release is V50 from 2015.
HOWEVER they have released updated Driver's for the wheel which apparently Flash save to the wheel and do benefit the Xbox 1 .
Now aswell as updating the drivers on the wheel i also deleted and re-installed the game, reset to default the wheel settings, left the "Informative" setting and ran the Calibration.

After playing for 2hours in different cars/tracks/conditions it was a HECK OF A LOT BETTER.

So would recommend anyone having issues to give it a go.

If you go to the Thrustmaster support page for the Tx and you want to download the below pack and install.
Has to be done via a Pc obviously.

Hope this can help:yes:

All looks good, link posted below.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txracingwheel-en/

Super Supes
30-09-2017, 11:21
All looks good, link posted below.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txracingwheel-en/

Ah thanks i thought i had added the link also ��

Ixoye56
30-09-2017, 14:17
Those drivers are for PC, not Xbox, firmware is still the old V.50, you probably had an older firmware than v.50 on your wheel, drivers can't flash your wheel, only what is included in the firmware. My TX have the old V50 from 2015 and working flawlessly with PC2.

gusbh
30-09-2017, 14:51
Ah thanks i thought i had added the link also ��

Is really necessary reinstall the game??

CXR PhilGDUK
30-09-2017, 15:24

no not at all. Update the firmware using your PC but there should be no need to reinstall the game matey

Super Supes
30-09-2017, 15:36
Those drivers are for PC, not Xbox, firmware is still the old V.50, you probably had an older firmware than v.50 on your wheel, drivers can't flash your wheel, only what is included in the firmware. My TX have the old V50 from 2015 and working flawlessly with PC2.

I said i thought the drivers were Pc only however he said the update would apply and create changes to the xbox gameplay. Also said the drivers would flash the wheel.
So thats coming from Thrustmaster technical...

The driver on my wheel was V50 so no i did not have an older version on.
So ive taken the info from Thrustmaster and my experience and it has sorted it. So if it helps others then its worth passing on.

If your wheel worked perfectly off the bat then i applaud you for being lucky as mine and it would seem many others havn't.

Super Supes
30-09-2017, 15:38

Not necesarily i just did it to try everything to solve issues

Juiced46
01-10-2017, 14:07
The driver on my wheel was V50 so no i did not have an older version on.

This is where you are misinformed and giving out incorrect info.

The DRIVER on your wheel was not V50. The FIRMWARE on your wheel was V50.

You cannot flash drivers to the wheel, you either misunderstood what Tech support told you, or Tech support told you the wrong info. You only flash Firmware to the wheel. And judging by your quote where I highlighted it in bold, I can see you are just confused on the difference between a DRIVER and FIRMWARE, since you keep calling the FIRMWARE a DRIVER. Not trying to be hateful about this, just trying to educate you. Drivers get installed to a Windows operating system, the wheel does not have an OS. All you did was install/reinstall the Firmware that was already on there. If something really got fixed, likely it was the game re-install or you had some old firmware in the wheel previously or possibly a bunked firmware installed previously.

Best bet if people are having issues with the TX.

Install/Update wheel Firmware.
Hard reset your Xbox
Re-Install game.
Make sure the wheel is connected to the Xbox BEFORE turning it on.
Do not use "Instant On"
Open game and select "Start Engine" in Title screen WITH WHEEL. Not your controller.
DO NOT disconnect the wheel from the Xbox while the Xbox is on and plug it back in.
Make sure ALL other apps in Xbox are closed.

I accidentally yanked my USB cord out of my Xbox for my wheel while playing. I plugged it back in and it started to act wacky. Shut system down FULLY. Turned it back on, went back to normal.

I do all this and have had zero issues. I have about 10 hours into the game with the TX wheel with no problems.

Super Supes
01-10-2017, 14:20
This is where you are misinformed and giving out incorrect info.

The DRIVER on your wheel was not V50. The FIRMWARE on your wheel was V50.

You cannot flash drivers to the wheel, you either misunderstood what Tech support told you, or Tech support told you the wrong info. You only flash Firmware to the wheel. And judging by your quote where I highlighted it in bold, I can see you are just confused on the difference between a DRIVER and FIRMWARE, since you keep calling the FIRMWARE a DRIVER. Not trying to be hateful about this, just trying to educate you. Drivers get installed to a Windows operating system, the wheel does not have an OS. All you did was install/reinstall the Firmware that was already on there. If something really got fixed, likely it was the game re-install or you had some old firmware in the wheel previously or possibly a bunked firmware installed previously.

Best bet if people are having issues with the TX.

Install/Update wheel Firmware.
Hard reset your Xbox
Re-Install game.
Make sure the wheel is connected to the Xbox BEFORE turning it on.
Do not use "Instant On"
Open game and select "Start Engine" in Title screen WITH WHEEL. Not your controller.
DO NOT disconnect the wheel from the Xbox while the Xbox is on and plug it back in.
Make sure ALL other apps in Xbox are closed.

I accidentally yanked my USB cord out of my Xbox for my wheel while playing. I plugged it back in and it started to act wacky. Shut system down FULLY. Turned it back on, went back to normal.

I do all this and have had zero issues. I have about 10 hours into the game with the TX wheel with no problems.

Or i accidentally put wrong word in.
But ok....will inform Thrustmaster they dont know what they are talking about.
I will learn how to read as obviously i cannot read the firmware the wheel had installed.

Obviously my wheel was working perfect beforr as i keep being told how wrong i am..

Juiced46
01-10-2017, 14:30
Or i accidentally put wrong word in.
But ok....will inform Thrustmaster they dont know what they are talking about.
I will learn how to read as obviously i cannot read the firmware the wheel had installed.

Obviously my wheel was working perfect beforr as i keep being told how wrong i am..

No reason for an attitude bud. Like I said, just trying to give you correct information and clear some misinformation you are spreading around the forum. Something was clearly lost in translation between you and Thrustmaster, that is all I am saying.

Anyone, that knows anything about computers knows, you cannot flash a driver to the wheel. The driver gets installed into the PC, its a simple fact.

Super Supes
01-10-2017, 14:38
No reason for an attitude bud. Like I said, just trying to give you correct information and clear some misinformation you are spreading around the forum. Something was clearly lost in translation between you and Thrustmaster, that is all I am saying.

Anyone, that knows anything about computers knows, you cannot flash a driver to the wheel. The driver gets installed into the PC, its a simple fact.

No attitude intended.
Yes i know the difference between drivers and firmware. I specifically questioned the guy multiple times on the subject. As i said maybe its worth informing Thrustmaster that they do not know what they are passing on.
He SPECIFICALLY said the drivers and firmware flash to wheel. The drivers WILL have an effect on xbox 1 .

I questioned multiple times re drivers AND that it was X1 usage.

My wheel now works perfectly so i passed on what i did to resolve the issues.
Maybe it was dodgy info on the drivers but regardless it now works.
Whatever i did solved the issues. No idea if it was the flash or the game install or maybe i just touched the thing softlu do it started working.
It works thats it...
I thought i was helping by passibg this info to those who are having issues but i seem to be told by ppl that arent affected that there are no issues.
Well i wish that was the case from the start for me too.

If it helps ppl good, if its total crap then im happy for it to be deleted /edited.

Juiced46
01-10-2017, 14:44
No attitude intended.
Yes i know the difference between drivers and firmware. I specifically questioned the guy multiple times on the subject. As i said maybe its worth informing Thrustmaster that they do not know what they are passing on.
He SPECIFICALLY said the drivers and firmware flash to wheel. The drivers WILL have an effect on xbox 1 .

I questioned multiple times re drivers AND that it was X1 usage.

My wheel now works perfectly so i passed on what i did to resolve the issues.
Maybe it was dodgy info on the drivers but regardless it now works.
Whatever i did solved the issues. No idea if it was the flash or the game install or maybe i just touched the thing softlu do it started working.
It works thats it...
I thought i was helping by passibg this info to those who are having issues but i seem to be told by ppl that arent affected that there are no issues.
Well i wish that was the case from the start for me too.

If it helps ppl good, if its total crap then im happy for it to be deleted /edited.

I am not saying that there are no issues with the wheel. There clearly is an issue. But what the issue is, who knows. We can only go through the obvious steps for now to try to get it to work. If its a bug on Pcars side, or something the user is doing (unintentionally) that is causing it. I just mentioned that I have no issue (not bragging) and explained the steps I have followed that is working for me.

Just trying to clarify the Driver VS Firmware thing, that is all. If TM told you that, then their tech person is just not knowledgeable. It happens. Even in my business, you can ask 10 people 10 different questions and you are likely to get some misinformation from a few of them. The fact here is, which is a fact, that the drivers do not get flashed to the wheel, just Firmware.

Enjoy your game and weekend.

Ball325
25-10-2017, 02:11
i just updated my firmware and it ruined my wheel, it feels like im driving on ice now. I tried a miriad of settings to get the feeling back mid corner and nothing. every time i turn the wheel it goes limp and when the wheels straight it shakes. It worked great before, but I was starting to have a FFB loss glitch, Hoped this would fix it. Now it's pointless to even play this game.