PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts - First 4 hours of gameplay

legacy-8
30-09-2017, 10:11
Platform - PS4 Pro
Tv/Screen - 28" BENQ Gaming monitor (1080p)
Wheel - Logitech G29

So, I was away on holiday when this game was released and was trying my best to keep up with the game news on here. The picture this game had painted in my head from this forum was awful, so my excitement to play was pretty much taken away. I LOVED PC1 and although it had many bugs or improvements needed in certain areas, it was still my favourite racer on any platform. So I eventually arrive home and get chance to install the game and play it, almost a week after everyone else! 12GB update on install.

First impressions.

INTRO - looked a little washed out, so wasn't the greatest of starts.
MENUS - Brilliant, so fresh so clean!! Really easy to navigate, starting to look up now!
WHEEL SET UP/OPTIONS - hmmm, as others have mentioned, I loved the fact you could had FFB settings of each individual car in PC1, and it took a lot of tweaking, but it really isn't that bad. I am finding a lot of cars enjoyable with a bit of tweaking here and there, but there are some cars I am not enjoying at present including Pagani and Rally cross, as I can't find settings on these to help 1) Pagani go in a straight line and 2) Rally Cross off road sections that don't throw my wheel off the desk! Yes, I do agree this area needs improvement as the FFB in PC1 was way better (at present)
GRAPHICS - WOW, you guys have done a sterling job on the cockpit view, so nice! In PC1 some dials were a little fuzzy and hard to read, not anymore, crystal clear! The tracks look great, and in general I am very impressed. There are a few draw backs though. A lot of pop ups, and jaggies and also as cars in front seem to go through stages of graphic quality as you get closer to them (very low quality through to high quality). This is strange, as on replays this doesn't seem to happen although I remember on PC1 replays, this same thing happening.
GAMEPLAY - FFB settings aside, I love the feel of this game, although I had very little issues with PC1, so I knew this area was going to be great. There does seem to be weird surface issues at times, like spinning around as if I was on ice, but it was in fact gravel, but I am sure these will be fixed and updated.
REPLAYS - These look amazing and run smooth on some tracks, but struggle on others with frame rate and pop up? Love the options, and the fact you get cockpit view on other players although I noticed a little bug on this. I was racing the Ferrari 488 GT3, and I was in another players car in front of mine, cockpit view (Lambo I believe), and in his rear view cockpit screen, instead of seeing my car, all you could see was my driver, sat in a driving position floating around.
ONLINE - I have tried 2 races so far, the first had a lot of lag in the qualifying session with people leaving, joining etc, but when it came to the race part, it was fantastic. Very smooth and enjoyable. The 2nd had very smooth game play in both qualifying and racing!

That's about all I have got round to doing so far. So do I like it? No......I LOVE it!! Yes, there are many things that need to be addressed, but to say this is unplayable is crazy!

I understand the console versions got tested out of house, so give these guys a chance to sort this fantastic game out! I am sure in a few months, if not already, this will be the sim to have and cherish.

I am very much enjoying it, and I look forward to future updates to iron out the little bugs and I really do hope the FFB gets an overhaul or addressed as I want to enjoy all the cars and tracks you guys have provided us, and I also look forward to being able to use my button box and Pcars Dash again.

Thank you SMS!!

torsteinvh
01-10-2017, 10:50
REPLAYS - These look amazing and run smooth on some tracks, but struggle on others with frame rate and pop up? Love the options, and the fact you get cockpit view on other players although I noticed a little bug on this. I was racing the Ferrari 488 GT3, and I was in another players car in front of mine, cockpit view (Lambo I believe), and in his rear view cockpit screen, instead of seeing my car, all you could see was my driver, sat in a driving position floating around.
There’s a nice bug that improves frame rate on replays: Enter and exit photo mode from the replay, then you have 60 FPS instead of 30. I hope that is one bug that doesn’t get fixed :)

b1sakher
01-10-2017, 11:00
There’s a nice bug that improves frame rate on replays: Enter and exit photo mode from the replay, then you have 60 FPS instead of 30. I hope that is one bug that doesn’t get fixed :)

Whenever i go into photomode from replay the game freezes on standard PS4.

cmch15
01-10-2017, 23:11
I am finding a lot of cars enjoyable with a bit of tweaking here and there, but there are some cars I am not enjoying at present including Pagani and Rally cross, as I can't find settings on these to help 1) Pagani go in a straight line and 2) Rally Cross off road sections that don't throw my wheel off the desk! Yes, I do agree this area needs improvement as the FFB in PC1 was way better (at present)
!!

RallyX is one of the few things I have done. This is what I have at the moment for my G29.

Informative
Gain - 45
Vol - 60
Tone - 45
FX - 35

b1sakher
02-10-2017, 12:28
once you get the hang of RX you'll have a blast ! i know i am currently