PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Per Lap Usage (Feature Request)

ecstaticbrick
30-09-2017, 12:21
Is it possible to add a feature that shows me how much fuel per lap I am using after a practice session?

It would be very helpful.

Siberian Tiger
30-09-2017, 12:47
It's on the "Requested Features" List, so if the Time will allow it might be implemented.

Until then, Pen and Paper :)

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 14:27
Or use one of the many apps available.

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 14:33
Or use one of the many apps available.

...unless you're on console. In which case, hurry up and wait for the patch that will add UDP support so that you can use an external app to figure out something we used to have in-game, but which we might get back in a future patch.

That about cover it? :rolleyes:;)

Mad Al
30-09-2017, 14:35
Or use the Motec display if the car has one, I'm pretty sure they all list last lap and average usage... (you may need to assign a button to cycle the Motec display)

ecstaticbrick
30-09-2017, 17:53
I used to use Dash Meter Pro but, that was in the olden days, before Oculus. No more of that old fashion flat 2D racing for me :-)

Bad_Dan
30-09-2017, 17:57
Same "problem" here. No more secondscreen apps with VR.

Bobobski
30-09-2017, 21:14
Not really sure why this kind of thing seems to have died a death, use to be whole forum sections dedicated to it. By ‘thing’ I mean data logging and data analysis, which is essentially what people are talking about here when they mention apps.

You don’t need to do this in real time, and done right it can be one of the most effective ways to improve your driving skills/lap times.

I was involved in doing this kind of thing with my GTR league back in the day. We used Motec i2 Pro for analysis which was directly supported by the game, and the way it worked was like this:

• Get a driver to do a series of test laps and log the data
• Import the data into the app and analyse it
• Make informed changes to car setup/driver output
• Test again
• Rinse and repeat until you improve performance (or at least understand why you can’t)

Let me emphasis that the power of the software (i.e. the analysis bit) is not in presenting the data, but actually in rationalizing it. By that I mean collecting and presenting it in a meaningful and useful way, and Motec’s software was very good at doing this.

For example, we discovered that at Monza some of our drivers were faster if setups were prepped with a bias towards cornering efficiency, essentially flying in the face of the convention that Monza is a low down force track – That’s not to say that low down force setups weren't fast, it’s just that data analysis can take driving style into account and some people are just very good at cornering, so sometimes you can give them the edge with a trade off.

Whatever, like it or not the numbers are there and the results are real – why this isn't more of a big deal, especially in the age of eSports is beyond me, forget improving lap times, what about a career as a virtual motor sports engineer? ;)

satco1066
30-09-2017, 21:55
...unless you're on console. In which case, hurry up and wait for the patch that will add UDP support so that you can use an external app to figure out something we used to have in-game, but which we might get back in a future patch.

That about cover it? :rolleyes:;)

we know that, you know that. UDP will be in for consoles in the next patch.
So there is no point to make a repeating mantra of this circumstance. Be patient :P

FS7
30-09-2017, 21:55
In PCars1 on the setup screen there's an estimate of how many laps your current fuel load will last. Has that been removed in PCars2?

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 22:47
we know that, you know that. UDP will be in for consoles in the next patch.
So there is no point to make a repeating mantra of this circumstance. Be patient :P

No need to get upset, I was only being half-serious (hence the smilies). I know SMS are working their butts off...I'm perfectly fine with waiting for them to get these things sorted out.

surtic86
03-10-2017, 14:58
As VIVE User it would be nice to have something directly in the Setup Screen that you can see how your Fuel Usage is.