PDA

View Full Version : G920 Buttons (LSB) & (RSB) BUG !!

carlosmoitinho
30-09-2017, 12:48
Pls Help us

Siberian Tiger
30-09-2017, 12:50
Help with what?

carlosmoitinho
30-09-2017, 12:53
These buttons work and then stop.

Siberian Tiger
30-09-2017, 13:07
When do they work and when do they not work?

carlosmoitinho
30-09-2017, 13:12
sporadically works, it's not working right now

Siberian Tiger
30-09-2017, 13:26
That Sound more like a HW Failure ?!?

Are there other G920 Users having this particulare Problem?

Lewy
30-09-2017, 13:29
These buttons work and then stop.

That’s interesting!! Have you had them 2 buttons actually working then?
Mine have never worked with any games.

carlosmoitinho
30-09-2017, 13:50
to my surprise worked, however, stopped after some time

chieflongshin
30-09-2017, 14:31
Mine have never worked on this but do on other games. They didn’t work on pc1 either

MXR SMILER
30-09-2017, 16:30
I read somewhere on the forum that if you connect a keyboard to assign the things you can't on the wheel the lsb and rsb do actually work. I have no idea if that's true or how one does so. Those buttons have not worked on PC1 or AC to my knowledge. :confused:

BCFCBristolRed
30-09-2017, 17:02
I haven’t had these buttons work on any Xbox One game.

Wheel is absolutely fine though as they work perfect on Euro Truck Sim 2 & Omsi 2.

carlosmoitinho
30-09-2017, 17:54
does not work on pc1

carlosmoitinho
30-09-2017, 18:00
I was able to configure it, after that, it stopped working, it should be simple to solve, it really miss those extra buttons

RaceSim1
30-09-2017, 18:12
That Sound more like a HW Failure ?!?

Are there other G920 Users having this particulare Problem?

We've noticed something similar for us here too at RaceSim1. It is difficult to reproduce this behavior. In our experience, we have never been able to use those buttons in any racing game we carry (Forza, F1, Nascar, pCars). I was surprised to see it working in pCars2 but it did only work once. Looks as if the game recognizes the button being pressed once and then that's it. We will be testing further to see if we can find a pattern here.

carlosmoitinho
01-10-2017, 02:28
:yes:
We've noticed something similar for us here too at RaceSim1. It is difficult to reproduce this behavior. In our experience, we have never been able to use those buttons in any racing game we carry (Forza, F1, Nascar, pCars). I was surprised to see it working in pCars2 but it did only work once. Looks as if the game recognizes the button being pressed once and then that's it. We will be testing further to see if we can find a pattern here.

Mowzer
01-10-2017, 05:04
Thatís interesting!! Have you had them 2 buttons actually working then?
Mine have never worked with any games.

I'm pretty sure mine have never worked on any game too.

Psychomatrix
01-10-2017, 08:32
When I start the first race after starting the game the work sometimes. But not usable if it work only sometimes.

BiffyClyro88
01-10-2017, 08:36
I haven’t had these buttons work on any Xbox One game.

Wheel is absolutely fine though as they work perfect on Euro Truck Sim 2 & Omsi 2.

In fact that's the right anwer lsb and rsb buttons never worked dont know why microsoft decided to do so, i mean they put these 2 buttons but not to be used... that's crazy!
I want to know if there's a way to let us use these buttons on pc2 would be awesome and usefull to assign input for them its a shame to have them not working!
Can SMS do something to resolve this or even to ask microsoft to find a way to make them work!
Whats the Point to make two buttons without a use???

Mowzer
01-10-2017, 10:20
I think its down to Logitech and Microsoft and not SMS im afraid :(.

Chimildo
01-10-2017, 10:47
Does anyone know if a keyboard works, just for extra buttons?

Mowzer
01-10-2017, 11:36
No unfortunately there is still no official keyboard support for the Xbox one :(.

Nemesis X2
01-10-2017, 18:40
These buttons have never worked for me on any game either. No idea why one poster above is blaming MS though....?! Surely it's down to Logitech and nobody else.

Mowzer
01-10-2017, 19:27
These buttons have never worked for me on any game either. No idea why one poster above is blaming MS though....?! Surely it's down to Logitech and nobody else.

I was not really blaming MS as such what i ment was it was down to Logitech to talk to MS about making them work ;).

Gix916
02-10-2017, 10:49
MS did not give the Xbox the ability to use these 2 buttons on the G920.

TeeMan1975
02-10-2017, 13:58
Nope, mine have never worked either. The game itself is virtually unplayable on my G920, which is most frustrating - shocking wheel wobble; wheel constantly losing centre upon surface changes, going over kerbs or under heavy braking etc...

Trouble is, my PC will recognise the G920 but not enough so it allows me to update the firmware, if that makes sense... Close to throwing it out of the window (literally) and going for a Thrustmaster...

rice_classic
02-10-2017, 15:58
Nope, mine have never worked either. The game itself is virtually unplayable on my G920, which is most frustrating - shocking wheel wobble; wheel constantly losing centre upon surface changes, going over kerbs or under heavy braking etc...

Trouble is, my PC will recognise the G920 but not enough so it allows me to update the firmware, if that makes sense... Close to throwing it out of the window (literally) and going for a Thrustmaster...

Game itself is just fine with the G920 even though it will benefit from a FFB patch.

1) Download Logitech's Gaming Software program. That will include the drivers for the G920 so your PC will recognize it, THEN you can update the firmware.
2) I recently updated the firmware and it didn't fix the RSB/LSB button issue, nor did it make up for the FFB deficiencies from the game.
3) Modify your FFB settings until the shaking/wobble is gone. Lots of threads with recommendations on settings to eliminate it. I turned off FX and reduced Gain and Volume on RAW until the wobble was eliminated.

Mowzer
02-10-2017, 17:13
Im sure i read somewhere that raw is for direct drive wheels?

chieflongshin
02-10-2017, 17:43
I'm just waiting for the patch for the FFB issue. Anyone know when its landing?

Gav88888
03-10-2017, 10:12
Those buttons have never worked, saying that, I was messing about one day and pressed one of them by mistake and it changed the screen, only did it a couple of times then stopped again. Would be handy to use them but I think its a xbox issue rather than a game/wheel issue. Patch to fix the FFB issues with the G920 should be out in the next few weeks or so, just need to be patient. But the WMD guys said they have fixed it internally so I can live with the cack FFB for now, just need to turn down the settings otherwise its all over the place.

TooMuchCyanide
03-10-2017, 12:45
These two buttons never worked at a system level on the Xbox One (try pressing LSB when the onscreen keyboard pops, it's normally used for caps lock, it doesn't work), but they work fine on PC.

TeeMan1975
27-11-2017, 14:12
Game itself is just fine with the G920 even though it will benefit from a FFB patch.

1) Download Logitech's Gaming Software program. That will include the drivers for the G920 so your PC will recognize it, THEN you can update the firmware.
2) I recently updated the firmware and it didn't fix the RSB/LSB button issue, nor did it make up for the FFB deficiencies from the game.
3) Modify your FFB settings until the shaking/wobble is gone. Lots of threads with recommendations on settings to eliminate it. I turned off FX and reduced Gain and Volume on RAW until the wobble was eliminated.

Thanks - Will try that!

THEoneAMERICAN
27-11-2017, 18:03

About a month ago, there was an update to the G920 firmware. After updating it, the LSB and RSB buttons were now able to be configured and utilized in Project CARS 2. I assigned them as look left and look right. I have used them without any issues. Not had them stop working, so no idea unless the last patch did something to them. I recommend plugging your wheel into your laptop and see if you have a firmware update available.

FORTKNOXFIVE
27-11-2017, 21:06
No unfortunately there is still no official keyboard support for the Xbox one :(.
Keyboards are supported