PDA

View Full Version : [bug] Sauber setup grip issue

LPlates
30-09-2017, 12:56
Reposting this here as I accidentally posted it in the PCars1 area.

I'm really struggling with the Sauber. When I first took it out it was great but if I try to change the setup it just will not stop oversteering at low speed no matter what I change. Current setup is at the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3o_fLeA6I4

If I fully reset the car setup it is perfect but if I even look at the setup (without making changes) this bug comes back and nothing I do in the setup changes the behaviour.

If I take the Jag xjr-9 out in a custom race weekend on the same track, same weather, time of day etc. I set the ai to 85% and put my car .6 ahead on pole on my first flying lap. That car drives as I would have expected. There is definitely something wrong with the Sauber when touching the setup.

LPlates
15-10-2017, 09:00
Post patch 2.0 this car is still having an issue with low speed oversteer. Nothing I do in setup seems to cure this. Tires are up to temp and psi is about 30 so all looks right to me.

There is a new issue now as well. After 2 laps on Daytona road course all FFB suddenly disappears from my T300RS wheel. I haven't had this happen on any other car as yet.

Madwak55
15-10-2017, 09:13
Your steering ratio seems a bit low at 9.0 have you tried putting it up to around 11.0 ?

LPlates
15-10-2017, 11:35
Your steering ratio seems a bit low at 9.0 have you tried putting it up to around 11.0 ?

I will have a play with the steering ratio, thanks, but I can't see how that will affect grip. I have tried the corners with various degrees of speed and steering input. It just has no back end grip at 40mph.