PDA

View Full Version : Why no voice chat again on PC???

Khyber GT
30-09-2017, 14:43
It's ridiculously hard to communicate with others in open multiplayer rooms. not like everyone is going to jump into discord...it's even harder in VR to communicate trying to feel for the right keys on a keyboard while trying to drive a race car....

:mad:

Guybrush Threepwood
30-09-2017, 14:53
I agree, I play in VR, which makes it even harder. Really needs proper voice chat, easier to apologise for mistakes, and will help create less incidents.

Rob Olejniczak
30-09-2017, 14:59
Agreed 100%. We need voice chat. People can turn it off if they don't want to use it or the talking bothers them.

clanky
30-09-2017, 15:12
+1 I thought it was an option as I thought I remembered one of their streams saying it would be in the game. I couldn't find it and guess it just isn't in there.

Turns out in the stream they confirmed voice chat is in the game, but only for the consoles. C'mon SMS we need this for PC. I play VR only and ya i'm great at typing, it's that struggling to find the keyboard and for some reason during chat in VR if you backspace something it turns out really weird as it starts typing over the previous letter instead of deleting it. A bug i'm sure and hopefully someone else reported it already. Oh and make it a default Push button to talk so we dont' get a ton of mouth breathers or people yelling at their dog/wife/mom about more hotpockets.

Khyber GT
30-09-2017, 18:54
yeah it makes no sense...and it's even worse if people don't have the spotter set to always on or using the addon crew chief to spot...

it's huge disappointment.

Stocky
30-09-2017, 19:07
+++1

DonArturo
30-09-2017, 20:06
I don‘t know guys... judging from my iRacing experience the chat usually is just an extremely annoying whine-fest about who was wrong and who hit whom followed by namecalling... talking to each other to avoid bad situations sounds good, doesn‘t work. Also imagine if 32 players are telling each other that they are on their left/right at the same time.... no.

Mattyd
30-09-2017, 21:01
another +1 for this. The icon is there.

Khyber GT
01-10-2017, 00:02
I don‘t know guys... judging from my iRacing experience the chat usually is just an extremely annoying whine-fest about who was wrong and who hit whom followed by namecalling... talking to each other to avoid bad situations sounds good, doesn‘t work. Also imagine if 32 players are telling each other that they are on their left/right at the same time.... no.

any communication is better than not being able to hardly communicate at all...

smithersmk
08-10-2017, 09:07
Not happy that voice chat is missing once again.

Balles
08-10-2017, 11:13
How do you mute annoying people during race ? As donArturo said, even without annoying people, it could easily turn into whine-fest and namecalling.. I prefer apology myself in the chat with a chat script or after the race if I have to.

Reaper06GT
10-10-2017, 21:49
I have been playing career trying to get better at racing before joining online. I am disappointed to hear that there is no voice chat. Is there a discord server for the members of this forum? I think that it might be a good idea to start one and have everyone post with their steam name for an invite. I would create it, but I am no good at PC (I only play PCARS 2 and PUBG). What does everyone think?

Khyber GT
11-10-2017, 03:44
Not happy that voice chat is missing once again.

welcome to the club!

saidcoya
11-10-2017, 07:52
+++1

Tepp
11-10-2017, 08:29
1. Push-to-talk ONLY!
2. One speaker at a time!
3. Admin can mute anyone!

surtic86
11-10-2017, 08:46
Yes would love to see Voice Chat Integrated also for PC!

jim jonez
11-10-2017, 09:30
Didnt think i would need a button box using VR , i've run out of buttons on my wheel , if there was voice chat i would most likely have to buy a button box. Would love voice chat but do think it might become a problem later.

satco1066
11-10-2017, 09:44
Voicechat in public channels ? Oh man. I tried it on XBOX. Never will do that again.
Several different languages, kids crying in the background, baby boys asking dump questions or make noises ( so cool to disturb ), more than one played loud music in the background.
Still annoying.

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 09:50
Also... farting, eating, coughing, sniffing etc.

Boskapongen
11-10-2017, 09:51

Still, worst thing is screaming KIDS....hate kids.

ThaDoc
11-10-2017, 12:10
If they add a voice chat option you have the option to join or not. If it annoys you, just quit the voice chat channel. Other games do this like e.g. Overwatch.

honespc
11-10-2017, 12:22
Given the many third party programs that allow in-game voice communication on PC, such as team speak, I guess they didn't find it much of an urgency adding it as an integrated function on the platform. Furthermore I don't think they're adding it in the future.

clanky
11-10-2017, 12:50
+1 Said it a few times, but we really need this.

clanky
11-10-2017, 12:52

Make it push to talk only and that fixes the problem. Also only allow one speaker at a time with the option to mute. I know a racing sim that handles this perfectly.

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 12:54
I don't understand why you guys don't just use a third party app, there's plenty out there.
And for once I agree with honespc :D

clanky
11-10-2017, 12:56
I don't understand why you guys don't just use a third party app, there's plenty out there.

Well for league racing or racing with your friends sure. That's a no brainer, for pick up races with random people in a lobby... voip in game is needed.
That response can go the other way as well.
I don't understand why you guys don't just turn off the voip in game if you don't want it.

edit- That might come off as rude, that's not what i'm trying to get it if it does. Just not sure how to word it I guess.

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 13:36
No not rude at all, at least you are civil about it, not like some.
It was decided not to implement viop in game so really this thread is moot.

resmania
11-10-2017, 13:47
I don't mind not having in-game voip since we have so many good 3rd party apps like Discord, but it's bit of a shame that chat system is nothing better than PC1.
I was hoping see session wide chat system like we have on most of online game. :p

DreamsKnight
11-10-2017, 13:54
"ehi lewis, please give me space, i'm trying to overtake you" Vettel, during a grand prix.

zuotoski
11-10-2017, 15:55
Still, worst thing is screaming KIDS....hate kids.

:D Judging by your avatar, it had to be this way :D I'm on the same train, BTW.

Khyber GT
11-10-2017, 16:39
Voicechat in public channels ? Oh man. I tried it on XBOX. Never will do that again.
Several different languages, kids crying in the background, baby boys asking dump questions or make noises ( so cool to disturb ), more than one played loud music in the background.
Still annoying.

then turn it off.

Given the many third party programs that allow in-game voice communication on PC, such as team speak, I guess they didn't find it much of an urgency adding it as an integrated function on the platform. Furthermore I don't think they're adding it in the future.

yeah i'm sure they have their reasons but we need to be able to communicate. I can't type and drive at 200mph in VR either.

goodluck getting people in a pug race on discord

dault3883
11-10-2017, 17:00
i agree with Roger and Honespc if you want to communicate with people use a third party app thats what they are for and there are several out there. Besides if im talking among friends say at daytona oval course about stratagy to draft together and what we are going to do i sure dont want EVERY player outside my aliances to hear said plan of attack LOL

Oliver Johann
11-10-2017, 17:12
voice chat is one of the best things about iracing. I dont understand why they are not implementing this, it seems not that hard to do. Makes the races much more fun. Those who dont want voice chat can mute it.
Right now it is not possible to say sorry when accidently hitting an opponent. It is not even possible to map a text chat message like "sorry" or "thanks" to a button.
These are simple things, easy to implement, which would make the racing experience better.
SMS got the hard stuff (tyre model, live track, etc) right, but a lot of the "simple" but important features are missing.

whip
11-10-2017, 17:16
voice chat is one of the best things about iracing. I dont understand why they are not implementing this, it seems not that hard to do. Makes the races much more fun. Those who dont want voice chat can mute it.
Right now it is not possible to say sorry when accidently hitting an opponent. It is not even possible to map a text chat message like "sorry" or "thanks" to a button.
These are simple things, easy to implement, which would make the racing experience better.
SMS got the hard stuff (tyre model, live track, etc) right, but a lot of the "simple" but important features are missing.

Ikr. Get the hard stuff right and get the simple common sense stuff wrong

dault3883
11-10-2017, 17:17
personaly id rather they fix the problems we have first before adding new features

Anthroban
11-10-2017, 17:17
Voice chat is one of the worst things about iRacing and people are constantly complaining in the forums how it's full of trash talk, abusive speech, and general garbage. I have it disabled and recommend to anyone new to iRacing that they do the same.

I'm glad Project Cars 2 didn't introduce that kind of trash into their game.

msmith792
11-10-2017, 17:20
I would also like voice chat. All you have to do is include a button that you can map for "mute driver" and problem is solved. Do it in iRacing all the time. Someone starts spouting off too much..."mute". End of story.

z3r0cool77
11-10-2017, 17:23
I dont play pcars on pc but I play a lot of other things on pc and personally I would prefer to just use discord or something similar. Integrated is never going to work as well as stand alone and since quality stand alone is available for free if I was a developer I wouldnt even consider wasting time on our own voip.

z3r0cool77
11-10-2017, 17:26
then turn it off.

yeah i'm sure they have their reasons but we need to be able to communicate. I can't type and drive at 200mph in VR either.

goodluck getting people in a pug race on discord

If they wont get in discord then perhaps they dont want to chat. Its not like its a complicated process.

Alan Dallas
11-10-2017, 17:44
@OP Why? Simple, every PUB VOIP devolves into a pre-pubescent whinge fest and it becomes unusable.
Also why invent the wheel? All they would need is to add a place for race host to insert a Discord link that you could click on in game. Discord's overlay already works with pC2 and you can Map a PTT button on your steering wheel in Discord or use voice activated(Take Note VR users with the lame excuse "I can't see keyboard!! omgz!!")
Better off with private VOIP servers were the race host can actively moderate the channels.

Khyber GT
11-10-2017, 19:31
i agree with Roger and Honespc if you want to communicate with people use a third party app thats what they are for and there are several out there. Besides if im talking among friends say at daytona oval course about stratagy to draft together and what we are going to do i sure dont want EVERY player outside my aliances to hear said plan of attack LOL

that's why there are multiple channels and channels you can create in iracing.

If they wont get in discord then perhaps they dont want to chat. Its not like its a complicated process.

i don't want to talk. I want to communicate about the race itself. especially in this game where the spotter sucks and people don't run crew chief addon

@OP Why? Simple, every PUB VOIP devolves into a pre-pubescent whinge fest and it becomes unusable.
Also why invent the wheel? All they would need is to add a place for race host to insert a Discord link that you could click on in game. Discord's overlay already works with pC2 and you can Map a PTT button on your steering wheel in Discord or use voice activated(Take Note VR users with the lame excuse "I can't see keyboard!! omgz!!")
Better off with private VOIP servers were the race host can actively moderate the channels.

why? because communication is better than zero communication. you can also mute people. not seeing keyboard in vr isn't a lame excuse. get out of here with that crap. i can't drive, shift, and type at same time period.

and if you don't want it, disable it. a lot of us do want it...i couldn't imagine iracing without it sometimes. especially when you are bumper to bumper in a pack at 200mph. for the people that want to whine and scream over voice. they just get muted. simple.