PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] (PC) Unable to join online lobbies

Mr.Smoke
30-09-2017, 15:20
The game has worked flawlessly for me up until last night. Tried to host a lobby and invite a few friends in. They would get hung up in the "joining multiplayer session" screen. We discovered that they could join a public room, but I couldnt. I rebooted my router and PC and then they could join my lobby.

This morning I try to jump in an online lobby and now Im getting hung up on the same screen. Ive rebooted my router twice, the PC about 5-6 times but still cant join.

Anyone have any ideas or experiencing this same issue? Nothing has changed on my end, Im connected to the internet and pCARS2 is allowed through my firewall. Kind of at a loss for what else to try.

Sankyo
30-09-2017, 15:39
The game has worked flawlessly for me up until last night. Tried to host a lobby and invite a few friends in. They would get hung up in the "joining multiplayer session" screen. We discovered that they could join a public room, but I couldnt. I rebooted my router and PC and then they could join my lobby.

This morning I try to jump in an online lobby and now Im getting hung up on the same screen. Ive rebooted my router twice, the PC about 5-6 times but still cant join.

Anyone have any ideas or experiencing this same issue? Nothing has changed on my end, Im connected to the internet and pCARS2 is allowed through my firewall. Kind of at a loss for what else to try.
Since MP all goes through Steam, perhaps you can try and change which Steam server you're connecting to?

Mr.Smoke
30-09-2017, 15:44
Since MP all goes through Steam, perhaps you can try and change which Steam server you're connecting to?

I can give that a try. The game will bring up the list of available lobbies just fine, but wont let me join.

Im almost thinking it might be an ISP issue, or my router is failing. When rebooting my router I can get a connection for a few minutes, then it seems to have connection troubles. My PC registers there is an internet connection, but I cant load web pages.

Ive already called my ISP and they told me there is no sign of any isssues.

Mr.Smoke
30-09-2017, 17:59
Problem is certainly on my network and not game related.

Thread can be closed.

LatecxRubber
03-10-2017, 21:51
Hi
We have a similar problem playing PC2 on PS4. When I host a lobby, my friend, who only lives 3 km up the road, can not join. Same happens when he starts a lobby, as soon as I join via invitation, he gets thrown out. We have checked with PSN, our ISPs here in Australia and rebooted our equipment to no avail. Besides, we never had any problems with PC1. These connection problems occurred as soon as we started using PC2. Which leads me to conclude that it is a game related issue. How can this be resolved?