PDA

View Full Version : AI Difficulty

Vic Flange
30-09-2017, 16:02
This isn't a moaning thread (I am absolutely loving the game :D) but is there some tweaking in the pipeline for the AI difficulty ?
I have just won a race with the skill level set to 120 and the aggression set to 100.
I am driving the Lotus 49 around Historic Monza.

PS. I am certainly no Jim Clark. :rolleyes:

mass control
30-09-2017, 18:46
There working on AI that every patch will have some AI Improvements with each patch.

SIR_Driftalot
01-10-2017, 07:27
I'm not terribly happy with the AI ATM.
I've just tried to start a FA race at least 10 times after qualifying on pole.
It's like th AI all get Raikkonen starts, but then go all Vettel before the first corner, if I even manage to get there without being punted off by the guy behind me, who drives away with no front wing damage, while my front wing is %100 destroyed being hit from behind.

Frustrating.

Vic Flange
01-10-2017, 08:03
I'm not terribly happy with the AI ATM.
I've just tried to start a FA race at least 10 times after qualifying on pole.
It's like th AI all get Raikkonen starts, but then go all Vettel before the first corner, if I even manage to get there without being punted off by the guy behind me, who drives away with no front wing damage, while my front wing is %100 destroyed being hit from behind.

Frustrating.

Yeah, it looks as though it certainly needs work. When I cranked up the AI to 120% I felt all it did was make the AI cars faster on the straights (like a boost). They weren't generally faster but just had a higher top speed than me.

SIR_Driftalot
01-10-2017, 08:31
Yeah, it looks as though it certainly needs work. When I cranked up the AI to 120% I felt all it did was make the AI cars faster on the straights (like a boost). They weren't generally faster but just had a higher top speed than me.

The AI seem to be better once they spread out, but the first lap is carnage!

It also amazes me how the AI will drive through the player without a thought, but if another AI car crosses their line, they'll stop dead in their tracks like their personally paying for any damage, causing massive bottle necks in certain chicanes.

Icecream-Inc
01-10-2017, 08:57
The AI seem to be better once they spread out, but the first lap is carnage!

It also amazes me how the AI will drive through the player without a thought, but if another AI car crosses their line, they'll stop dead in their tracks like their personally paying for any damage, causing massive bottle necks in certain chicanes.

Yeah they have no problem punting the human driver... its like bonus points awarded for fastest lap and burying their cars nose up my ass.

bporion
01-10-2017, 19:11
i cant remember where to change AI difficulty for a quick race , a little help please . thanks

Roger Prynne
01-10-2017, 19:50
^ Bottom left under 'Vehicle Select' and 'Track Select'

bporion
01-10-2017, 20:42
^ Bottom left under 'Vehicle Select' and 'Track Select'

WOW ! Kind of hard to miss :o ! thanks

centenaryman
08-10-2017, 16:45
There does seem to be difficulty spikes on certain tracks with certain cars.
One minute its complete dominance the other complete annihilation, all with the same difficulty percentage.
At least if it’s being dealt with we should see changes soon.

Borez
08-10-2017, 17:51
I'm finding in some races changing the AI difficulty is making absolutely no difference to the times. LMP3 at Suzuka ( or whatever it's called ) in the wet and they're lapping 4 seconds faster than me no matter what I set the difficulty too. They're pretty much lapping slick times when I need wets.

I mean, I know this track well, I'm no slouch on it but it seems like the AI are in a completely different car and the settings makes no difference.

Holblood
09-10-2017, 10:57
On the PS4 the AI difficulty is never the same. Every track the AI is different. I'm now driving a 2 hour race on Spa and cant get the difficulty higher than 45! If i set it higher then 45 the AI cars will get 2 bottles of nitrous and i cant keep up. Also in the wet conditions the AI are taking corners like if they are on a train track.