PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions...

Madmazz116
30-09-2017, 16:11
1. Why is my car so slow off the start line? every car ive tried the ai is way quicker than me off the start ine so much so that in some cases im rammed in the back by the ai. Is this a known issue or is it me?

2. Why are the ai so much faster than me on the straights ? I mean way faster somtimes, again is it an issue or is it me?

Im playing on PS4 with a controller , and have changed the settings on the controller to ones recommended on this site.

Thanks.

NB: sorry one more 3. do the Ai make mistakes? , coz Ive never seen a single car spin out or crash. In F1 2017 , even if you are off the pace there is always a chance the other drivers will crash or get mechanical failures, does this happen to the ai in PC2?

LPlates
30-09-2017, 16:20
If you have Ai above 85% they will change the car setup. If they have less downforce they will have a faster car on the straights.

Madmazz116
30-09-2017, 16:31
If you have Ai above 85% they will change the car setup. If they have less downforce they will have a faster car on the straights.

above 85% ?...your kidding I race them around 40...

This is my point on the striaghts I cant catch them in the corners I can take them easy.

livingit
01-10-2017, 10:15
above 85% ?...your kidding I race them around 40...

This is my point on the striaghts I cant catch them in the corners I can take them easy.

Yup agree totally, brought down the AI to 30 before i could mix it up, just bringing it up to make some challenge in career, but every invitational event i enter the AI are gone before i move or smashing into the back of me !

So sticking to main career races, can you resign a season and start with another ? because i cannot race the bloomin Sports SC no matter what ? lol

GenBrien
01-10-2017, 11:55
Its not 85% but 80

And there is a lot of tuning comming in furure patches (already some tweaks were done on PC)

warth0g
02-10-2017, 12:42
1. That's weird. I think most people's experience is that the AI is dog slow on the starts. I usually make 4 or 5 places with ease, every single start, which I hope is going to be patched.

2. On the straights, I find that now I've upped the AI to about 90% they are sometimes strangely quick on the straights but generally it's not the case. Usually it's the opposite. As long as you get a good exit, you're usually quicker in my experience.

3. I agree about the lack of AI crashing. I don't think I've ever seen them spin or anything. That said, I've left the AI aggression at the default setting (50% I think?) so perhaps that has something to do with it? not sure. I'll maybe go and fiddle with it, but I've been tempted to leave it alone, as I want to try and have clean predictable racing for the most part. Can anybody else weigh in on the AI Aggression question?

danowat
02-10-2017, 12:43
Put the car in first gear on the line and hold it on the brakes and rev, release brakes when lights go green and you'll start as fast as the AI do.

Madmazz116
02-10-2017, 13:33
Put the car in first gear on the line and hold it on the brakes and rev, release brakes when lights go green and you'll start as fast as the AI do.

im using automatic gears , can i still do that ?

danowat
02-10-2017, 13:34
im using automatic gears , can i still do that ?

Good question, I'm not sure, try it.

Failing that, manual is much better any way ;)

Madmazz116
02-10-2017, 13:40
Good question, I'm not sure, try it.

Failing that, manual is much better any way ;)

Well yeh , but untill the handling is sorted out better , im going down that road...lol