PDA

View Full Version : Wet track at start?

chris99
30-09-2017, 17:00
Hi,
Having an absolute blast with the game. Can't put it down.

Just wondered if there's a way to start a race with puddles already on the track as if it's already been raining for a while?

Also, if the tyres are set to automatic by weather, do they actually change automatically with the weather during the race or do you need to pit?

Cheers,

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 18:19
Hi,
Having an absolute blast with the game. Can't put it down.

Just wondered if there's a way to start a race with puddles already on the track as if it's already been raining for a while?

Also, if the tyres are set to automatic by weather, do they actually change automatically with the weather during the race or do you need to pit?

Cheers,

Pit of course :D

ironman
30-09-2017, 21:04
Pit of course :D

Please answer to the 1st question, me too very interested in having wet track without rain from the beginning ..........
Thank you.

cornishbrooksy
30-09-2017, 21:20
I would guess not as a limitation of the "weather slot" system.

It may happen if you select random though and get lucky?

chris99
30-09-2017, 22:13
Regarding my 2nd question, in some quick tests, I notice that if any of the four available weather slots have rain, the car starts the race with wet tyres, even if the first three slots have clear sky. Maybe it isn't like this with longer races?

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 23:44

I haven't tried it myself, but I wonder if you set up a race weekend with a practice and/ or quali session where it rains, then later in the day, have your dry race, maybe then the track would start off still wet?

*edit* My mistake, I see you want a wet race, but with an already wet track (as if it didn't JUST start raining at the beginning of the race). Either way, try my suggestion out. I'm curious if that will work.

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 23:53
Regarding my 2nd question, in some quick tests, I notice that if any of the four available weather slots have rain, the car starts the race with wet tyres, even if the first three slots have clear sky. Maybe it isn't like this with longer races?

I remember someone posted about this very thing happening to him every time he tried to race at Algarve. Tires were set to Automatic by Weather, and it was giving him wets even though the weather was clear. Turned out there was rain assigned in one of the subsequent slots.

This should definitely be fixed, IMO...Automatic by Weather should always give you what's appropriate for the CURRENT conditions ONLY.

Purg
01-10-2017, 05:21
I posted earlier asking whether the weather was persistent over a quick race 'weekend'. I set up a race and put a practice session in 1 hour before lasting an hour in rain. I was hoping that if the track and weather was persistent then if I selected heavy cloud for race, it would start as a wet track. I didn't get an answer to that question so I presume that the track weather and condition between sessions is not persistent.

TooMuchCyanide
01-10-2017, 05:30
Try thunderstorms in winter. If you're trying something like light rain in summer, maybe the track is hot enough to dry itself faster than the rain can saturate the track with water?

BigDad
01-10-2017, 08:12
Just having a wet track preset would be great ! I'd love to just lap on a wet track without rain .

Leper Messiah
01-10-2017, 08:28
I remember someone posted about this very thing happening to him every time he tried to race at Algarve. Tires were set to Automatic by Weather, and it was giving him wets even though the weather was clear. Turned out there was rain assigned in one of the subsequent slots.

This should definitely be fixed, IMO...Automatic by Weather should always give you what's appropriate for the CURRENT conditions ONLY.

depends on when the wet weather slot is I suppose. Many real drivers riders will start on wets if the forecast is imminent rain, others will gamble and stay on slicks and hope they have the skill in the wet on slicks or that the rain doesn't come.doesn't rain as hard as predicted. I think the game is just playing the cautious route and as a driver if you want to risk slicks with up coming rain select slicks manually. Of course the "gamble" is in series with no pitstops.....so get it wrong and pit when other don't have to and your race is done, it would be good if the game was less cautious in a race where pitting by the entire field is more likely.

chris99
01-10-2017, 09:40

To check this, I set up a 10 hour race with rain in the last of the four segments. Wet tyres were not on at the start. So it is race duration dependent, which makes sense.

To go back to my OP 2nd question and Roger's reply,, I suppose if "tyres automatic by weather" did mean that the tyres changed automatically with the weather changes during the race, then I would be in the Forza 7 world :D

Regarding the OP 1st question, it sounds like it's not possible, but it would be interesting to have an option to start a race in sun but with puddles from rain before the race start.

Trippul G
01-10-2017, 13:04
I haven't tried it myself, but I wonder if you set up a race weekend with a practice and/ or quali session where it rains, then later in the day, have your dry race, maybe then the track would start off still wet?

*edit* My mistake, I see you want a wet race, but with an already wet track (as if it didn't JUST start raining at the beginning of the race). Either way, try my suggestion out. I'm curious if that will work.

For the record, no, this does not work. Just did a custom race in the Super Trofeo at Brno. Today's date, 10/1. Qualifying session for 10 minutes, starting at 11am, Storm conditions. Race starting immediately after, at noon, with Medium Cloud. Everything set to RealTime. Track was bone dry, everywhere. :(