PDA

View Full Version : How can I convert the existing .bff card file to .dds is that possible.

Nunzio
30-09-2017, 18:04
How do I extract the existing in game car paint say for the Nissan R90 bff to a dds format? Is that possible to do?

Dorsetdrift18
07-10-2017, 13:33
Mate ive looked, it looks as though we can't / shouldn't? For some reason. If you want to male a single livery for yourself there is that option but you cannot replace the other cars or AI liveries nor can you use it that way to change liveries for MP. Pretty pointless having just the option for a single livery if you ask me but for some reason thats what they chose to do. Mabye an reason why PC3 will be better than this one

satco1066
08-10-2017, 00:51
Can an existing bff car skin be extracted into a usable dds file? I want the original Nissan R90 paint job so I can use it for a template for variation on it. Thanks.

it does not help if you repeat the same question twice.
The bff's are encrypted and SMS will not give you the tools to extract.
Also examples and instructions to hack into that files, will not be allowed in this forum.

Reiche
08-10-2017, 06:47
Stressing SMS and in this forum...

LamboMantisMan23
08-10-2017, 15:59
it does not help if you repeat the same question twice.
The bff's are encrypted and SMS will not give you the tools to extract.
Also examples and instructions to hack into that files, will not be allowed in this forum.

Not really true tbh. SMS could easily give us the ability to do it for those who can, without giving ability to cheat at the same time. They did it for pCARS1

Nunzio
08-10-2017, 17:05
Ok, not looking to hack, I just wanted a good NISSAN R90 original livery to change up a bit. I've done lots of liveries in other sims for myself, was just looking for a shortcut. That's all. Also the double post was accidental as I was having internet connection issues at the time of the post and couldn't see the 1st one. So lighten up with the public scolding.

LamboMantisMan23
08-10-2017, 19:09
Ok, not looking to hack, I just wanted a good NISSAN R90 original livery to change up a bit. I've done lots of liveries in other sims for myself, was just looking for a shortcut. That's all. Also the double post was accidental as I was having internet connection issues at the time of the post and couldn't see the 1st one. So lighten up with the public scolding.

I can get the livery, and send it to you by PM if you wish

Machinist90
31-10-2017, 09:37
Even I can extract the files out of the bff's...so you don't have to be a "hacker",if you need any liveries I can send them too

Nunzio
01-11-2017, 16:40
Even I can extract the files out of the bff's...so you don't have to be a "hacker",if you need any liveries I can send them too

I'd like to know how you extract them, that way I can do it myself. But if you can't tell me I'd like you to PM me the Nissan GTR GT3 Nismo #23 without and without the MOTUL on the quarter panel. Thanks in advance.

Nunzio
01-11-2017, 22:04
OK I figured it out, with a little internet searching and some scratching of the head. I can not extract the liveries I needed to modify. This is awesome.