PDA

View Full Version : Why the love affair with GT3?

Saul93
30-09-2017, 18:26
There is such an immense amount of vehicles and classes to drive on this game yet every single lobby is GT3. I don't understand why no one explores online with different classes. There is so much more to this game than GT3 and it is incredibly annoying to see every lobby running the same cars. They should have just called this thing GT3 Racer 2018.

AbeWoz
30-09-2017, 18:38
annoying, yes, but GT3 is the most popular sports car series in the world, so its understandable.

dault3883
30-09-2017, 18:55
GT3 is so popular because in GT3 regulations they are real close to the stock so it appeals to more people, because its closer to the real life street counterparts than GTE or prototypes. i think the only cars closer to stock is your cup class cars

MXR SMILER
30-09-2017, 20:06
I have found, in the past on other games that vehicles in the higher classes are much more difficult to control, but having driven some of the high power vehicles on PCars 2 I am having absolutely no problem. I have to wonder if, as people start to explore the games potential, the choices they make will become wider and result in a change in the GT3 dependency in online racing. You do, of course have the option of choosing whatever 'tickles your fancy' and setting up your own lobbies..... Karts at Nordthingy, or Formula Renault at Knockhill, Oulton Park in the wet in LMP1. Don't be one of the sheep - bring out the inner wolf.....

milliotseb
30-09-2017, 20:53
GT3 is nice. I did 2 gt3 races and 1 gte race online today. But I also did 1 super trofeo race.
For my first online play, I created a cayman gt4 at sugo that was fun.

If making gt3 lobby, make it at least with open setup and interesting weather. GTE at bathurst under light rain was quite interesting

snipeme77
30-09-2017, 22:12
GT3 are fast, sporty, and relatively easy to drive quickly. They have driver aids and lots of stuff in the set up menu you can change too.

madcowdisease
01-10-2017, 02:01
Before I got a wheel, the GT3 class might've been the easiest to get used to at least in PC1. They're quick, they turn in nicely, and most of them are quite easy to control on the limit. I do agree though. Most races I've done have been GT3 and GTO. That's fine but with the variety this game has I might get burned out for these classes pretty quickly.

hkraft300
01-10-2017, 07:08
GT3 feel bland in PC1 and 2. So I don't have an explanation for it.
For some reason I gel with the GTE much more. They're not very different but different enough.

I'm hoping for some Group C action later tonight. Had a quick run not them last night and they're ballistic!

DeathMetalRacer
01-10-2017, 15:40
I've been putting a certain number of AI in my lobbies because when I run Group 5 or trams am no one joins, set up gt3 and lobby starts filling up lol. I love gt3 but I feel just as passionate about many of the other car classes as well.

John Hargreaves
01-10-2017, 15:47
GT3s in real life are the fastest racers that look like real cars. They are much more exciting to watch on track than touring cars imo, but that doesn't always come over on TV. PCARS series has converted me to a GT3 fan.

EV3RY
01-10-2017, 16:22
Of those lobbies that are NOT running GT3 I cant bloody join due to license thingy restrictions :(

PostBox981
01-10-2017, 16:36
Feels like 90% of all MP events are GT3 with sunny weather. Whenever I try to set up something different (Touring Cars or Road Cars, rain, night etc), just for the sake of a change, I usually get disappointed with nobody joining in. Regarding the choice of cars laying in front of us itīs a real shame.

RobPhoboS
01-10-2017, 16:43
Feels like 90% of all MP events are GT3 with sunny weather. Whenever I try to set up something different (Touring Cars or Road Cars, rain, night etc), just for the sake of a change, I usually get disappointed with nobody joining in. Regarding the choice of cars laying in front of us itīs a real shame.

Keeps happening to me as well. I'm fed up of GT3 already.
I don't want to do 3 hours of practice, 6 days of qualifying and 40000 laps of the 'ring.

It's like a bunch of aspy gamma's racing online ;)

breyzipp
01-10-2017, 18:26
The reason might also be that the game is still new. Many people are coming from other games, still fiddling around their setups, so it's logical that you first step towards the car classes you are familiar with. Give it a month or so and I'm sure the curiosity for other classes will grow.

Another reason might be that the GT3 field sure is very well represented in game so it's the most packed car class.

dault3883
01-10-2017, 19:07
The reason might also be that the game is still new. Many people are coming from other games, still fiddling around their setups, so it's logical that you first step towards the car classes you are familiar with. Give it a month or so and I'm sure the curiosity for other classes will grow.

Another reason might be that the GT3 field sure is very well represented in game so it's the most packed car class.

once again breyzipp brings up a good point also people tend to like to start at the bottom and move their way up so there being a lot of GT3 fields may just be another case of that

snipeme77
01-10-2017, 19:13
I've been putting a certain number of AI in my lobbies because when I run Group 5 or trams am no one joins, set up gt3 and lobby starts filling up lol. I love gt3 but I feel just as passionate about many of the other car classes as well.

Mainly because everyone who runs these old cars don't allow for assists... I'm not talented enough for no ABS.

pd555
01-10-2017, 19:14
Before I got a wheel, the GT3 class might've been the easiest to get used to at least in PC1. They're quick, they turn in nicely, and most of them are quite easy to control on the limit. I do agree though. Most races I've done have been GT3 and GTO. That's fine but with the variety this game has I might get burned out for these classes pretty quickly.

That's exactly the same for me. IN PC1 road cars were too difficult on a controller. The same for faster classes. GT3 just right :)

rpstar
01-10-2017, 20:19
I'll play online with you in non GT3. GT3 is ok but I do prefer other classes myself too. I've only been online once with Pcars 2 so far but had wheel issues. I think I've got those sorted out so will try again this week. I'll race most anything (except rally, I prefer leaving rally to Codemasters games).

DeathMetalRacer
01-10-2017, 21:05
Mainly because everyone who runs these old cars don't allow for assists... I'm not talented enough for no ABS.

I can understand that might put some people off like yourself. I run assists at authentic in my lobbies so yes a lot of those older cars I like there is no abs. You might try setting up a lobby yourself if you haven't done so already so you can tailor the assists to your own needs.

rpstar
01-10-2017, 22:05
The trick to no abs is to adjust break settings on the car. I thought no abs would be much harder then it really is (at least for pedals). If you are talking controller if you happen to have an elite controller it has trigger locks that keep the trigger from going all the way. This works well with non-abs car in that you put the point just before lock-up where the trigger stops. Now you can still slam on the brakes but not lock-up. Cheating a bit maybe but for sure easy.

RobPhoboS
01-10-2017, 22:12
I wish for the xbox races people would just leave the TC/SC/ABS alone, and leave it for the individual to decide.
I can't play the game without these left on using the control pad, it's a nightmare without !

snipeme77
01-10-2017, 22:37
I can understand that might put some people off like yourself. I run assists at authentic in my lobbies so yes a lot of those older cars I like there is no abs. You might try setting up a lobby yourself if you haven't done so already so you can tailor the assists to your own needs.

The problem is you have to join a session to see if the assists are turned on or off

jdmnsprd
02-10-2017, 00:18
it isn't an affair.. everyone is happily married to GT3 classes lol but you cant blame people for wanting to just play in GT3 and have fun you can race those cars stock and still keep up with the pack and even come in 1st

DeathMetalRacer
02-10-2017, 03:20
I wish for the xbox races people would just leave the TC/SC/ABS alone, and leave it for the individual to decide.
I can't play the game without these left on using the control pad, it's a nightmare without !

Sorry to hear that it's hard for you to play on game pad with no assists. I also play on gamepad but run authentic assists. I've found with a little tuning and practice I can run the cars quite well with no assists the same as I did in PC1.

Not sure how much experience you have with tuning but there's a lot of helpful info around theses forums that you can learn from. Most of all though it just takes lots of practice whether you race with the assists on or off.

Eric Everfast
02-10-2017, 15:19
Sorry to hear that it's hard for you to play on game pad with no assists. I also play on gamepad but run authentic assists. I've found with a little tuning and practice I can run the cars quite well with no assists the same as I did in PC1.

Not sure how much experience you have with tuning but there's a lot of helpful info around theses forums that you can learn from. Most of all though it just takes lots of practice whether you race with the assists on or off.

I started a thread on tuning back in August: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51067-The-Tuning-Thread

I don't have the game yet nor the experience but I've been reading a lot and plan on spending some good time with the tunes come November. Hkraft and Honespc can provide some good info as seen in the thread.

Back on topic however... I believe GT3 is popular because the cars are easy to drive (especially for pad users) and because they don't require much tuning; they're already highly optimized. Open wheelers and prototypes don't require much tuning neither but are more difficult to drive quickly whereas road cars require quite a bit of tuning and are also more difficult to drive quickly. GT3 is in that sweet spot.

I'm looking forward to some formula Renault and some group C prototype races when I get the game; we can have a dedicated thread for scheduled races to help with the participation if needed.

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 15:21
Group C are incredible!

Eric Everfast
02-10-2017, 15:36
Group C are incredible!

Driving the XJR-9 or 962C in the rain must be the equivalent of tip-toeing on glass. Can't wait :D

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 15:50
Driving the XJR-9 or 962C in the rain must be the equivalent of tip-toeing on glass. Can't wait :D

Broken glass.
They want to skate in full dry conditions. Rain?
Go ahead.
Set up a race at Nur GP, rain, 10 laps.
Hit the apex of the kink on the back straight.
Tell me how many laps you survive :p

I haven't driven them yet, but the Nissan ZX and R89 are ballistic.

Eric Everfast
02-10-2017, 16:02
Broken glass.
They want to skate in full dry conditions. Rain?
Go ahead.
Set up a race at Nur GP, rain, 10 laps.
Hit the apex of the kink on the back straight.
Tell me how many laps you survive :p

I haven't driven them yet, but the Nissan ZX and R89 are ballistic.

Excellent idea; this shall be my 1st lobby. All are welcome :P

PostBox981
02-10-2017, 18:46
Group C are incredible!

Hosted a Group 6 race today. Hockenheim Classic, 10 laps, PQR, real weather, F license. Nobody joined in. :confusion:

RobPhoboS
02-10-2017, 21:11

I've not yet delved into tuning cars but for the last couple of years I tuned a lot of my cars in FM6, so I'm familiar with the process (as well as my own car for track work in reality).
What I'm finding is that once the car begins to let go I cannot catch it, and typically end up with tank slappers.

As I mentioned, if people just left it all on - then the individual can switch it on/off as they desire.

And I've joined lobbies that started with assists on - then for the race they've suddenly turned it off and it's too late to quit.

Gav88888
03-10-2017, 10:14
There is such an immense amount of vehicles and classes to drive on this game yet every single lobby is GT3. I don't understand why no one explores online with different classes. There is so much more to this game than GT3 and it is incredibly annoying to see every lobby running the same cars. They should have just called this thing GT3 Racer 2018.

I love GT3 on TV and I think people want to replicate that, plus the racing is close and you have the most car choice. But yeah, some variety would be nice online as well.

milliotseb
03-10-2017, 11:10
Hosted a Group 6 race today. Hockenheim Classic, 10 laps, PQR, real weather, F license. Nobody joined in. :confusion:

One recommandation: Maybe keep it to U license for the time being. I did like 4-5 online races and I still have a U license

Bultaco85
03-10-2017, 11:42
annoying, yes, but GT3 is the most popular sports car series in the world, so its understandable.

Itīs not the most popular series in the world by FAR. But itīs the easiest.

AbeWoz
03-10-2017, 11:51
Itīs not the most popular series in the world by FAR. But itīs the easiest.

i said sports car series, which in itself is wrong because GT3 is not a series, but a category.

but enlighten me...

hkraft300
03-10-2017, 12:58

Vintage cars are really not getting enough love :(
The 365 Daytona is perfect! I'm dying to try the E-type.

PostBox981
03-10-2017, 19:30
One recommandation: Maybe keep it to U license for the time being. I did like 4-5 online races and I still have a U license

I know the F license is limiting the no. of people joining. Still I wanted to make sure to have no wreckers as I was down to E level the other day and didnīt want to risk it. Anyway, nobody joined in so no harm could be done... :o

Vintage cars are really not getting enough love :(
The 365 Daytona is perfect! I'm dying to try the E-type.

Yeah, 170 cars to choose from and all the time the same 20 cars going round. I just wonder why people all go mad in the car request threads.