PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Oval Pit Exit Penalty

Aardvark892
30-09-2017, 18:50
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I wasn't able to find any reference to it with a forum search.

When exiting the pits at Daytona (oval), I can't seem to NOT get a penalty. I can't figure out how to exit without one. I follow the AI out at the same speed and at the same place, but I always, always get a penalty.

What am I missing? What's the trick?

Also, has anyone else seen an AI car hit an invisible bump/obstacle on that same oval? I was watching a replay when I saw a car about a half lap ahead of me (as usual, EVERYONE was at least a half lap ahead of me) jump up like he was doing a wheelie, and when I passed him he was extremely damaged. Re-watching that replay showed him on the track nowhere near any obstacles or other cars... it was like he hit an invisible giant speed bump. Anyone else experience such a thing?

Any help is appreciated!

P.S. Oh, and BTW, I've posted a video on how to use/change pit strategies while in race, in case anyone is interested. I cannot post a link here, but a search on YouTube for Project Cars 2 pits should find it.

Cheers!

Tim

dault3883
30-09-2017, 18:52
Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I wasn't able to find any reference to it with a forum search.

When exiting the pits at Daytona (oval), I can't seem to NOT get a penalty. I can't figure out how to exit without one. I follow the AI out at the same speed and at the same place, but I always, always get a penalty.

Also, has anyone else seen an AI car hit an invisible bump/obstacle on that same oval? I was watching a replay when I saw a car about a half lap ahead of me (as usual, EVERYONE was at least a half lap ahead of me) jump up like he was doing a wheelie, and when I passed him he was extremely damaged. Re-watching that replay showed him on the track nowhere near any obstacles or other cars... it was like he hit an invisible giant speed bump. Anyone else experience such a thing?

Any help is appreciated!

Tim

in nascar you have to stay on the apron untill you get to the back stretch then you can merge onto the track now i dont know if its like that on the game but something to try

SharpEyez
30-09-2017, 20:12
Hi all,

Any help is appreciated!

P.S. Oh, and BTW, I've posted a video on how to use/change pit strategies while in race, in case anyone is interested. I cannot post a link here, but a search on YouTube for Project Cars 2 pits should find it.

Cheers!

Tim

I mentioned this during WMD I think the devs are aware of this issue.

I actually thought it was fixed but considering you made a topic about this I think it wasn't fixed :(

3800racingfool
30-09-2017, 20:16
I mentioned this during WMD I think the devs are aware of this issue.

I actually thought it was fixed but considering you made a topic about this I think it wasn't fixed :(

Yea it's not fixed yet. I get the same penalty whenever I play the Daytona oval.

in nascar you have to stay on the apron untill you get to the back stretch then you can merge onto the track now i dont know if its like that on the game but something to try

This is the case in Texas in-game but for Daytona the exit seems to be going into T1.

Aardvark892
02-10-2017, 06:12
Unfortunately, you can only go so far in Daytona; they've got cones blocking the path and if you go around them or through them the Race Director erases the upcoming lap. If you exit anywhere before them, you get a penalty, and if you get two penalties (which you will if you have to pit even once) you get a +1 Lap punishment.

Skrillex
02-10-2017, 07:27
There are lots of things wrong with ovals in general in this game. One is the cones blocking the way at Daytona coming out of the pits, two is the draft only works if you are an AI car, for some reason when I am behind an AI car at Daytona he is still pulling away from me. Three the AI is incredibly hard in Nascar at Daytona, where as the AI for indycar is way to easy at Indianapolis even when set to 100. I can't even enter turn one in Nascar at Texas without slamming into the wall, Very unrealistic to have to slow down to the point I have to slow down to in order to actually turn the car. There is no yellow flags, no pace car, no double file pace laps. While I am happy sms added oval racing I highly appreciate them doing that. I am very disappointed in how they implemented it. I still find myself going to Rfactor2 for my oval racing need which I was hoping to get away from with pcars2. Graphics, sound, and road racing in pcars2 is excellent. Oval racing isn't there yet. I hope it improves. I really do.

dault3883
02-10-2017, 11:28
i hope it improves too as i love Daytona its one of the big reasons i preordered pc2 no questions asked

Aardvark892
03-11-2017, 02:51
The cones are annoying, but at least it seems fixed in that I can now exit pit row without the automatic penalty, as long as I exit where the cones let me.