PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Clutch bug?

stephane4985
30-09-2017, 19:31
So, my thread on manual transmission and clutch got deleted. Nice. The only answer I got for my thread about the bug that makes the clutch useless on manual car was, "In real-life, manual car don't really need you to push the clutch" or "Try a car from the 70".

You should have at least admit there is a problem and relay that to the developpers instead of deleting the thread.

There is a problem with the clutch. Clutch in real car works, clutch in GT6 works, Clutch in PC1 works. Clutch in PC2 does not work.

I join this forum to get help, I did not received any beside "you don't know how real clutch works". Well sorry, I do and they do not work like in PC2. And to top if off, you deleted my thread. There was nothing in that thread that justify the delete. If this is the way this forum work, ignoring problem and deleting post for nothing, guess I'll leave the forum and put the game aside until someone at SMS realise there is a problem and patch it.

I though they were car enthousiast thou....

Thanks a lot!

Siberian Tiger
30-09-2017, 19:38
The Clutch has definitly some Issues...

I forwarded it to the Devs allready ;)

stephane4985
30-09-2017, 19:40
Thank you. That is all I wanted to hear.

Cheers!

Lufferov
01-10-2017, 19:00
Is there a bug in game? I've got an H-pattern and have the clutch set to manual in the game settings, but I can just change gear without using the clutch at all. Now sure if you rev-match that would be fine, but it shouldn't be possible to just slam it into gear, the gearbox wouldn't allow it/break!

Karl87
01-10-2017, 19:05
I have seen this complaint many times already, hopefully they fix it.

Lilfurbal
02-10-2017, 15:55
I have also noticed this, finally setup my h-shifter last night. I can shift using the clutch, but I can also shift just as well without using the clutch (gears never seem to grind or anything), and also I can still shift using the paddle shifters without clutch at the same time without issue. I'd like to exclusively set it to h-shifter, or exclusively to paddle shifter, and the need to use the clutch to prevent having undesirable results. It seems to be letting me drive any car with any set of inputs however I feel, I don't like this, seems to be causing me confusion.

Fanapryde
02-10-2017, 15:59
I believe the devs are aware of this ... :)

Siberian Tiger
02-10-2017, 16:11
Yes, Casey is on this...

Karl87
12-10-2017, 17:09
Why is it that with autoclutch disabled I can still use my clubsport shifter to shift gears without the clutch? Seems really pointless to have the option for auto clutch on or off if the game is going to use it anyway. I really hope this is a bug and that it gets fixed, makes it impossible to miss shift, which is part of racing and something I want to see.

stephane4985
12-10-2017, 17:25
It has been talked alot in other threads. Basically, clutch is useless as you can shift without it in every cars, but they say that you can also do that in real car, so it is realistic like that. They won't fix it. So I guess all of us that learned to drive manual in RL are kidding ourselves because the clutch is only for showing off, and heel-toe is just fancy footwork. Oh and every other games got it wrong.

Karl87
12-10-2017, 17:30
You can not do that in a real car without first going to neutral and matching revs, you cant just go slamming gear to gear. Not realistic at all and possibly a game breaker for me as I spent a lot of money on my setup and I want it to make sense to use.

NineLine
12-10-2017, 17:38
downshifting without a clutch is doable, the up shifts are the killer.

IJOJOI
12-10-2017, 17:39
I can to on my car.
The tolerances are a bit high I agree.

Sankyo
12-10-2017, 17:40
The rev matching window will be improved in an upcoming patch so you'll need to match revs better with clutchless shifting.

BrandonWright77
12-10-2017, 17:42
You can not do that in a real car without first going to neutral and matching revs, you cant just go slamming gear to gear. Not realistic at all and possibly a game breaker for me as I spent a lot of money on my setup and I want it to make sense to use.

While I don't think the way the game handles it is realistic, it's totally possible to shift gears in a real car without using the clutch. It's not easy and you have to have your revs matched really well, but it's possible. Downshifting is the easiest part, as you lift off the throttle the stick should easily slide into neutral without needing the clutch, leave it in neutral and blip the throttle to get the revs up, gently push the gear stick towards the lower gear and once the revs are right it will just slide right into gear. Obviously this isn't advisable on your daily driver and getting going from a stop would be a whole other issue, but I've shifted without the clutch in multiple cars I've owned.

Tar Heel
12-10-2017, 23:46
The rev matching window will be improved in an upcoming patch so you'll need to match revs better with clutchless shifting.

Will downshifts that was within rev limits of the gear your downshifting to still bog and stall the car until you press the gas still?

Will miss shifts on upshifts still occur as often after the patch fix?

flag1944
13-10-2017, 00:38
certain cars such as the 288GTO and 300SL are so bad that you can shift up and down with the throttle hammered (no lift off). I also couldn't manage to blow the transmission or engine in the 288 no matter how hard I slammed it from high RPM 5th into 1st. I'm sure there are other cars with this issue, but they all suffer from useless clutch syndrome

Alan Dallas
13-10-2017, 01:56
certain cars such as the 288GTO and 300SL are so bad that you can shift up and down with the throttle hammered (no lift off). I also couldn't manage to blow the transmission or engine in the 288 no matter how hard I slammed it from high RPM 5th into 1st. I'm sure there are other cars with this issue, but they all suffer from useless clutch syndrome
Ya, it's a known issue, it's being looked into.

pa_pinkelman
13-10-2017, 10:00
While I don't think the way the game handles it is realistic, it's totally possible to shift gears in a real car without using the clutch. It's not easy and you have to have your revs matched really well, but it's possible. Downshifting is the easiest part, as you lift off the throttle the stick should easily slide into neutral without needing the clutch, leave it in neutral and blip the throttle to get the revs up, gently push the gear stick towards the lower gear and once the revs are right it will just slide right into gear. Obviously this isn't advisable on your daily driver and getting going from a stop would be a whole other issue, but I've shifted without the clutch in multiple cars I've owned.

Race cars use straight cut gears which are a lot sturdier than the conical gears in a street car. Still it is a drivers choice and highly dependable of the car and race conditions. Upshifts without clutch are doable but downshifts without clutch are fairly uncommon in racing afaik. F1 drivers in the 80/90's also used clutch for upshifts to minimize the possible damage of the gear box since F1 cars are extremely powerfull.

Road cars with their synchronized gears are much harder to shift without clutch and the danger of damaging the gearbox is much greater.

In short: it is really hard to model all the different gearboxes and driving techniques like heel-toeing and double-clutching required to use them.
I am very curious how SMS will do this.

I trust they will do a good job!!!

Raging Beard
16-03-2018, 02:19
Months later and this is still a problem.

Using H-Shifter I can't complete an entire race without touching the clutch, this is rather ludicrous in a sim!