PDA

View Full Version : Weak center spring even at high speed long straight (Accuforce + Jack Spades)

Skylar_Schutz
30-09-2017, 23:25
Hello .. I've been a long fan of PCARS since Version 1. I've spent now a bit of time to finetune the ffb settings including using Spades plugin.

The issue which I'm still trying to dial out is a weak center spring, like a deadzone, at high speed long straights (tested Formula A at Spa).
At corners there is a good solid resistance but not on long straights which I find quite weird.

Any tips would be helpful.

This is my Jack Spades plugin & settings.
"alternative low comp DD"

custom profile
100% gain
40% volume
90 % Tone
10 % FX

Shooter80
01-10-2017, 00:11
You want to find a program called WheelCheck or something. Do a min force test on your wheel, get the % then set it in he Deadzone section of your Jack Spade txt file as like 0.07 (if your wheel tested at 7%). Jack Spade explained how to set the deadline today in his thread.

I'm on my phone so no links, if you can't figure it out from my ramblings I'll post links later.

Burningstar1983
10-08-2018, 16:11
Hello .. I've been a long fan of PCARS since Version 1. I've spent now a bit of time to finetune the ffb settings including using Spades plugin.

The issue which I'm still trying to dial out is a weak center spring, like a deadzone, at high speed long straights (tested Formula A at Spa).
At corners there is a good solid resistance but not on long straights which I find quite weird.

custom profile
100% gain
40% volume
90 % Tone
10 % FX

nonsense do you think real car have spring on steering column?????there is no spring its 100% unrealistic !!!!

SlowBloke
10-08-2018, 17:47
He is asking a perfectly normal question in a polite manner - why jump down his throat ?

poirqc
10-08-2018, 17:52

custom profile
100% gain
40% volume
90 % Tone
10 % FX

At 90% Tone, you're Fy biased. This is about lateral forces. Witch is about 0 when going in a straight line. There's not much self aligning torques(Mz) from the FFB, probably. Before anything else, i would move Tone around 50% and check if it give what you seek. After that, you could move Tone up again, slowly, until you strike a balance between your corner load and turn in load.

Hth.

ELAhrairah
11-08-2018, 11:38
Hey try my settings to see if they maybe give you more weight.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63231-Accuforce-FFB-thread&highlight=Accuforce

rosko
11-08-2018, 14:33
You may need to find the correct (output (tighten output )) settings, JS are set for his wheel.

hkraft300
11-08-2018, 15:22
Increase caster in car setup.

Mad Al
11-08-2018, 15:40
You do all realise the OP posted this 10 months ago ?

ELAhrairah
11-08-2018, 21:10
Yes. And the shame was great.

hkraft300
11-08-2018, 22:13
You do all realise the OP posted this 10 months ago ?

Nope completely missed it