PDA

View Full Version : So I feel like a complete idiot

Andan
30-09-2017, 23:29
For some reason my car setups have been defaulting to a "Loose" setting by default. While I would use the in game engineer or make changes to the setups myself, I was never making significant enough changes to offset this "Loose" default setting. I am not sure why or how I managed to make that the default. I was unable to understand how people on YouTube or Twitch were able to drive and not under-steer or over-steer in the corners. How they were able to drive faster than 30mph/48kph in the rain in a straight line. I was constantly adjusting force feedback and sensitivity settings in my wheel to no avail.

Well racers, I went and loaded a car setup and chose OEM. Man what a difference. I am so upset I didn't pay attention and make the connection earlier. I am a little confused how my cars setups were even defaulting to a loose bias in the first place. Listen I am an idiot and would love to stay around and chat, but I now have some racing to do. :eagerness:

Mad Al
30-09-2017, 23:31
wheel users get loose by default, gamepad get stable.. OEM only applies to road cars and are simply the default factory setting for road trim.

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 23:32
If I'm not mistaken, on PC, "loose" is the setup that loads by default on most, if not all, cars.

*edit* ^^^yeah, what the guy above me said. Don't listen to me. :redface-new:

Andan
30-09-2017, 23:52
Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks for the quick responses fellas. I should have come here and asked some questions before spending 2 hours trying to work it out myself.

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 23:54
If I'm not mistaken, on PC, "loose" is the setup that loads by default on most, if not all, cars.

*edit* ^^^yeah, what the guy above me said. Don't listen to me. :redface-new:

We never do ;)

Trippul G
01-10-2017, 00:02
We never do ;)

Roger Prynne
01-10-2017, 09:13
That pics looks just like my granddaughter when she's in a mood.

nO_d3N1AL
01-10-2017, 12:58
I just wish I could race without having to care whatsoever about setups.

LukeC
01-10-2017, 13:00
That pics looks just like my granddaughter when she's in a mood.

Looks like every woman, when she's in a mood.