PDA

View Full Version : Pitstops

thhayden68
01-10-2017, 02:52
I am having trouble making pitstops during races. In PC1, you could adjust what tires to use and change to AI driver before entering your pit stall. Can you not do this on PC2? If you can, can someone please help me out. I appreciate it.

Outbreak
01-10-2017, 03:04
I am having trouble making pitstops during races. In PC1, you could adjust what tires to use and change to AI driver before entering your pit stall. Can you not do this on PC2? If you can, can someone please help me out. I appreciate it.

You can change your pit strategy through the in car menu, I'm not sure about the AI driver but I assume it's also in there. You may need to bind the control for the menu depending on what you're using. It's super useful to have anyway

milliotseb
01-10-2017, 06:37
Yes pit strategy could be change before the race(select the active pit strategy).
Pit strategy change (without tires pressure adjustment) and swap to AI driver could be done throught the ICM (In Car Management) before you pit. Look at your controls configuration ICM should already have a button assigned to it.

Plato99
01-10-2017, 11:35
It's flawed. How are we supposed to navigate through all those menu choices before we pit, whilst still trying to concentrate on the race? It's a bit like trying to rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time. It's totally impossible with manual pit stops.

thhayden68
01-10-2017, 12:32
Thanks so much. So far I like this game except the fact that it is rather confusing on some aspects.

sp3ctor
01-10-2017, 20:11
The best thing I've found to do is to set up multiple pit strategies for a race - examples: gt3 fuel, gt3 tires, gt3 fuel and tires... etc. that way, you don't have to fiddle around with options you can just select whichever one in the ICM. I agree trying to change options in ICM is pretty dicey. Not sure how that could be improved except maybe allowing one to bind keys to options.

Feentje
01-10-2017, 21:13
This could work the same as in PC1 when racing against the AI (as already mentioned in the opening post). Having to use the ICM without being able to pause the game, is quite difficult. Some wheels have POV buttons, so you can keep your hands on the wheel, but if you have a wheel like the Logitech G27 (like me) the POV buttons are on the shifter unit, so you have to take one hand of the wheel.