PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TMX won't hit 100% throttle

ThinkFastOC
01-10-2017, 03:56
Have a new TMX and started playing PC2 but the throttle won't register beyond 80%. I've played with the dead zone and sensitivity but it won't go above 80% partial throttle. Any ideas or fixes?

Aldo Zampatti
01-10-2017, 04:00
Have a new TMX and started playing PC2 but the throttle won't register beyond 80%. I've played with the dead zone and sensitivity but it won't go above 80% partial throttle. Any ideas or fixes?

Did you perform the calibration from the control menu?

ThinkFastOC
01-10-2017, 04:07
Yep. That's how I figured out it wasn't hitting 100%. Brake and clutch are fine, both hitting 100. Just the dang throttle. We inverted the pedal set up in the menu, but as exciting as it is to drive with a left foot throttle, it wasn't the experience I'm looking for.

Honestly, it did the same thing in Forza 6 but I was able to adjust the dead zone. That fixed it in F6, just not in PC2. Any other thoughts?

nissan4ever
01-10-2017, 04:38
Yep. That's how I figured out it wasn't hitting 100%. Brake and clutch are fine, both hitting 100. Just the dang throttle. We inverted the pedal set up in the menu, but as exciting as it is to drive with a left foot throttle, it wasn't the experience I'm looking for.

Honestly, it did the same thing in Forza 6 but I was able to adjust the dead zone. That fixed it in F6, just not in PC2. Any other thoughts?

Something is wrong with those pedals. Same problem in 2 different games (although you corrected it in FM6). You should have exchanged them for new ones the moment you discovered this problem. Maybe you still can.

Ixoye56
01-10-2017, 09:05
Apparently, you've encountered a bad potentiometer, it happened to me once also, I got my T3PA replaced by warranty, I hope you have warranty left.

ThinkFastOC
01-10-2017, 16:42

FIXED: Simply unplugged the pedals from the wheel when I was at the configuration menu, the plugged them back in. When I went to the pedal calibration screen it has reset to 100%. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem with the TMX.

rpstar
01-10-2017, 22:06
Consider the t3pa pro. Worth the money for the better pedals. I used the stock tmx pedals for a while but upgraded one some of the plastic broke on them. Wish I had upgraded the pedals sooner.

ThinkFastOC
02-10-2017, 01:44
Consider the t3pa pro. Worth the money for the better pedals. I used the stock tmx pedals for a while but upgraded one some of the plastic broke on them. Wish I had upgraded the pedals sooner.

Great advice, thanks. I'll check out the pro pedals. May even consider a wheel upgrade too.