PDA

View Full Version : Pcars Lobby hosting: The main tools are still missing !

BongoFury23
01-10-2017, 09:31
Not beeing able to name a lobby and the missing inline-text-chat in the Playstation Version is the reason why online racing with Pcars2 is not so successful on Playstation as it could be. It's a serious mistake not even to think about these tiny "admin tools" for lobby hosting and the main reason for the myth (and fact!) that open Pcars Lobbys are often full of crashers and idiots.

Even as a business some should think about tiny but important things like that: Pcars has had the chance to overtake Gran Turismo on PLaystation, but not without these "lobby-hosting-tools" and the massive bugs the game has until now. So when GTSport arrives next month, online racing on Playstation will be done there, thats for shure.

And the bugs: I got them all. And some more. And they are... just embarrassing. I've been told SMS listened to the complains of their users, obviously not to the playstation users.

(Sorry 4 my bad english.)

Rodgerzzz
01-10-2017, 10:27
Do we really need to name lobbies? On AC they've got that facility and all lobbies are named something ridiculous like "Clean Racing Or Die" or "Pro Drifters 4lyfe". All the information is on the search lobby screen already and highly doubt naming a lobby "GT3 Racing" is really going to add a that much to the experience. Also I don't recall many games on console having in game text chat, Rocket league springs to mind, so it's hardly a huge surprise that its not in PC2 and will most likely not be in GT Sport either. If you're so sure GT Sport is where all the racing is going to be done why don't you head over to a GT related forum and indulge yourself in its lack of tracks and nonsensical class structuring?

BongoFury23
01-10-2017, 10:43
When GTSports misses this functions too they will lose more users as they still lost until now by not getting a PS4 version ready for ages. It's a rare chance for Pcars to take over a majority of racing fans on Playstation, i would think about this fact.

And: if u cannot stand eligible complains about Pcars2, you are the one that might be in the wrong forum... this one is full of it :)

hkraft300
01-10-2017, 10:46
... missing inline-text-chat in the Playstation ...

Every ps4 is supplied with a microphone.
Also there's the psn messaging.
Lobby chat not necessary.

Rodgerzzz
01-10-2017, 11:02
When GTSports misses this functions too they will lose more users as they still lost until now by not getting a PS4 version ready for ages. It's a rare chance for Pcars to take over a majority of racing fans on Playstation, i would think about this fact.

And: if u cannot stand eligible complains about Pcars2, you are the one that might be in the wrong forum... this one is full of it :)

Yeah you're right... I guess it's time I made that account on projectscars2circlejerk.com because there's obviously not enough users on here that enjoy and appreciate PC2 as much as I do.

BongoFury23
04-10-2017, 10:18
Do we really need to name lobbies?
Yes, even if you will not see the main point. When you name your lobby like "VLN - Clean or Kick" everybody knows whats going on, crashers will be able to visit lobbys like "Nascar -Dirty". This system works fine in other racing games like AC and GT6. And it would be a good idea to take over things what are proved as useful in other products. There should be no "jehova-ing" in developing a product, this way of thinking is just absurd.

BongoFury23
04-10-2017, 10:44
Every ps4 is supplied with a microphone.
The volume in the lobby chat is much too high and cracking. Using the chat anyway is just a good way to get kicked imedeatly.

Also there's the psn messaging.
...what is complete useless with foreign people. Besides that you have to leave the game-screen. So as a tool to moderate a open lobby it's complete useless.

Lobby chat not necessary.
No.

As i told before: Naming and moderating open lobbys makes a big difference. You can see this in GT6 and AC lobbys, they are the most successful parts of this games and let users sticking on their product. And not to use the same components for a successful development of a game is a big miss.

I know in software development there are often other criteria than in f.e. developing cars. But for example: No car company can afford to miss a popular feature because others had them before. So this kind of jehova-thinking is maybe ok for users, even if it's stupid, but as a software company you have to sell your product by finding anything what makes your product better and completer than others. So picking up the main selling points of the competitors and bringing them in the product is essential.

hkraft300
04-10-2017, 12:26
In pcars browsing lobbies, the minimum safety rating is displayed. This will automatically indicate clean or dirty.
Along with the car class, track and duration.

What purpose does lobby chat or lobby title serve for people of different languages? If I write, for example, "clean whatever long races" but someone Portuguese is scrolling through doesn't speak English, what purpose does it serve?

What he/she will understand, however, is the minimum safety rank of the lobby and therefore the expected etiquette.

BongoFury23
04-10-2017, 20:14
In pcars browsing lobbies, the minimum safety rating is displayed. This will automatically indicate clean or dirty.
Ah, good to know... cause yesterday it happens twice to me that somebody crashes into me but I got the warning from the "race director"... and lost points.

Ok, the "safety rating" is maybe bugged too ;)

Means what?

What purpose does lobby chat or lobby title serve for people of different languages? If I write, for example, "clean whatever long races" but someone Portuguese is scrolling through doesn't speak English, what purpose does it serve?
I guess more Portuguese users do speak english but knowing anything about the safety rating...

What he/she will understand, however, is the minimum safety rank of the lobby and therefore the expected etiquette.
I hope you are right.

Btw... ain't there a text chat in the PC version?

cb_racer
06-10-2017, 15:50
In lobby text is a must. That was the best way on GT for clean drivers to report the ones wrecking the room.

The license system will work better with time, but still in lobby text is a great tool.

JohnSchoonsBeard
06-10-2017, 18:54

It's a feature on PS4 that would certainly benefit most. It's much easier communicating with all lobby members. If half the room are chatting in one party (max size of 8) and the others are on room audio then text would be the only way a host can communicate with all at once. I've run events and it's a nightmare due to the max 8 limit of party audio.

A quick typed command/request/info in the room can be seen by all. If you want to type a message to all lobby members you have to go and manually select them all from outside of the game and then type the message. It's a real pain as a host. Gran Turismo has a lot wrong with it but that is where the lobby system works better.

I run a group and when recruiting for new members we run open lobbies which would certainly benefit from a name. Eg "[GROUP name] recruitment" description. Another lobby might be a general track day, something not obvious from the Project Cars lobby list.

Alfisti
06-10-2017, 19:07
So are we still subjected to the PCARS1 hassle of those who leave their microphone on completely drowning out the sound of the game and the only way to correct this is to manually switch each user off?

What a massive PITA.

BongoFury23
25-10-2017, 13:08
What is so hard to understand? There is a text-chat in the PC Version, so you guys know about why some need it. There is a terrible crackling voice-chat since Pcars1, so you know about this and you don't even fix it in Pcars1 until now. There are people asking for all of that, so you know what the users want. You can have a look to the competitors in sim racing on PS and you'll see why other games have massive success on PS.

Why are you not able to see that it's sometimes good to learn from your competitors? No, I don't need an answer on this, but you guys at SMS should find that answer for yourself.

Just one Tip: Lobby naming, text chat, voice chat, user-kick is exactly the reason why Gran Turismo Online Racing is still successful. If you guys would add this functions, you would catch up many users from GT.

But you don't. Hardly.

Nothing more to say.

ccvampyre
26-10-2017, 14:12
What is so hard to understand? There is a text-chat in the PC Version, so you guys know about why some need it. There is a terrible crackling voice-chat since Pcars1, so you know about this and you don't even fix it in Pcars1 until now. There are people asking for all of that, so you know what the users want. You can have a look to the competitors in sim racing on PS and you'll see why other games have massive success on PS.

Why are you not able to see that it's sometimes good to learn from your competitors? No, I don't need an answer on this, but you guys at SMS should find that answer for yourself.

Just one Tip: Lobby naming, text chat, voice chat, user-kick is exactly the reason why Gran Turismo Online Racing is still successful. If you guys would add this functions, you would catch up many users from GT.

But you don't. Hardly.

Nothing more to say.

i was a long time host of gt5 lobbies and you are right..

lobbies need a name
lobbies need host kick function too
and yes text chat is very useful.. alot of racing gamers dont want to be distracted by sound.

but pc2 should do these (easier) things and up the anti and add custom championships like gt are always promising..
and add more appropriate filters.

also it should be way clearer what the settings are from outside the room, including default setup/driving aids etc..

ant1897
27-10-2017, 15:53
i was a long time host of gt5 lobbies and you are right..

lobbies need a name
lobbies need host kick function too
and yes text chat is very useful.. alot of racing gamers dont want to be distracted by sound.

but pc2 should do these (easier) things and up the anti and add custom championships like gt are always promising..
and add more appropriate filters.

also it should be way clearer what the settings are from outside the room, including default setup/driving aids etc..

If im not mistaken, when the host 'votes' for a player to be kicked, it kicks him regarless if others voted for him or not.

JohnSchoonsBeard
28-10-2017, 07:49

It is since version 2.0 isn't it?

On PS4 at least, while highlighting a lobby name, press R1 for loads of info on the race setup.

Many in my race group hadn't realised until I pointed it out it to them.