PDA

View Full Version : What is my pit crew doing!?!

ZulfoDK
01-10-2017, 11:15
So I have noticed that when you go in for pit (planned or unplanned, using automatic pit) the crew some times changes your tyres, some time only the front, and after the tyre change, they just stand around for 40 seconds!?

Whats going on with the pit crew?! Am I overloooking something!? Do I have to press a key?!

Trooper117
01-10-2017, 11:39
You get a pit crew? I rarely see anyone!

ShimonART
01-10-2017, 11:50

did you enable full pit crew in the graphics options? or do you mean that you request pit stop and no one is there(bug)?

REFNightmare
01-10-2017, 11:53
My theory is they are repairing damage, But it isn't animated. Turn damage off, see if put stop still takes 40 seconds.

ZulfoDK
01-10-2017, 11:53

Yes, I do get a pit crew - but they are misarable at doing their job :)

Actually I cant call for a pit stop - when ever I press my "Request pit stop" I get no answer, so I just go in for pit when ever it suits me.

ZulfoDK
01-10-2017, 11:54
My theory is they are repairing damage, But it isn't animated. Turn damage off, see if put stop still takes 40 seconds.

Good point... but I have turned off damage (or, its only visual) - but maybe they still do repairs.

Need to check and turn off all repairs...

PeteUplink
01-10-2017, 12:01
The pit crew are very dim witted in this game. Some times they'll change your tyres, some times they won't, and often they just stand around like a bunch of planks.

I find that to get them to change tyres I have to bring up the in-car strategy menu and tell them what tyres I want before I pit. The problem with this is the fact that the in-car menu is so god-awfully clunky to use that it's often easier to ignore it and take pot luck as to what you get.

Problems with the menu are:

The tyre selection stuff is hidden under 2 sub menus
It's hard to navigate the menu and drive at the same time, so you can only really use is on the straight.
If the track is very twisty, you might as well forget it
If you're on the straight and you open the menu, you often run out of straight before you get your selections done
If this happens the menu will often close and you have to try to re-navigate your way back to the menu you wanted.

It really needs fixing so all of the pit stuff like tyre selection and damage repair is in the first menu you see and not buried in the sub menus. Also, the auto close feature for the menu needs to be taken away. It should stay open until we're ready to close it.

ZulfoDK
01-10-2017, 12:19
I find that to get them to change tyres I have to bring up the in-car strategy menu and tell them what tyres I want before I pit. The problem with this is the fact that the in-car menu is so god-awfully clunky to use that it's often easier to ignore it and take pot luck as to what you get.

And playing in VR as I am, does not make navigating a menu easier!!