PDA

View Full Version : Frame rate culprit?

Numbrsix
01-10-2017, 11:33
This may have been covered previously,if so apologies.

Today I ran a number off quick races, Silverstone to begin with, I tried a number of cars but each time I started a race due to either not liking the car or unable to hear a particular engine i would quit the game select another vehicle and restart the same track.

After the 3rd time doing this I noted the frame rate was getting progressively worse with each race restart so I rebooted the Xbox and reloaded game etc, straight into the same track after the restart and it ran silky smooth, so i tried the same with Barcelona , same result, frame rate issues until a restart then back to smooth running.

Question then, is the game retaining something from previous unfinished races that's leaving remnants in the memory that is causing these frame rate issues?

For those that experience substandard frame rates it might be worth trying this to see if it clears it up on other consoles.

Just a thought.

Ixoye56
01-10-2017, 12:06
I have experience the same issues, after longer times of hotlapping adjusting ffb I get frame stutters, can't wait for my "X" to arrive :)

Moonfast
01-10-2017, 21:09
Thank you for sharing this! I’ll try this next time.

Moonfast
01-10-2017, 21:53
I have experience the same issues, after longer times of hotlapping adjusting ffb I get frame stutters, can't wait for my "X" to arrive :)

That comment actually made pre order an Xbox One X just now! It’s true :cool:

Ixoye56
01-10-2017, 22:31
That comment actually made pre order an Xbox One X just now! It’s true :cool:

Grattis till ett bra beslut :)

Moonfast
02-10-2017, 07:11
Tack!! Thank you! :eagerness:

DeathMetalRacer
02-10-2017, 13:18
You all may want to try what I've posted over here.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54046-Try-These-Steps-To-Hopefully-Reduce-Stutters-and-Frame-Drops

Gav88888
03-10-2017, 10:18
I have never considered the XB1 weak but this game shows it as weak, compared to Forza 7 which shows what a XB1 can do, but saying that, the dev's are working on improvements so I will wait and see before jumping on the XB1X wagon. I might just hold out until the next gen comes out as there is talk of a PS5 next year or the year after, so a new XB won't be fat behind. The XB1X just seems like a stop gap and MS making so quick bucks... As for FPS issues though, mine wasn't great at first, but I improved things but changing the startup from instant on to energy saving. It frees up any stuck RAM for the GPU to use as its shared memory on the XB1 and I suspect with mine because I have always used instant on since I got it a few years ago it was probably using up a lot for processes and not the GPU. Worth a try if anything.

TooMuchCyanide
03-10-2017, 14:53
I had this one online qualifying session where, for some strange reason, the framerate locked to 30fps, but then went back to 60 when we transitioned to the race.

I'll have to try these steps when I next get the chance.

mkstatto
03-10-2017, 15:04
Mine really struggles with the GT4 race at Sugo in the rain towards the end of the lap. Almost stops.

chieflongshin
05-10-2017, 20:02
I've noticed at times if you take a car on exterior view and just donut it as the smoke builds up the frame rate drops off and has visible stuttering

mauriziocima
05-10-2017, 20:24
Sadly, the problem of framerate deteriorating after multiple races is something I know well from PC1 - the symptoms described show all signs of a memory leak - but I don't think this was ever truly addressed in PC1 and now seems PC2 inherited the same issue.

snipeme77
06-10-2017, 16:51
Sadly, the problem of framerate deteriorating after multiple races is something I know well from PC1 - the symptoms described show all signs of a memory leak - but I don't think this was ever truly addressed in PC1 and now seems PC2 inherited the same issue.

@Devs and mods.

HLR Toffo
06-10-2017, 23:00
It does get progressively worse. Career is not a nice experience. Practice is still bearable but starting to deteriorate also, time trials are very inconsistent but my main gripe with them is my inability to save the hud, the timings are right were the left corner apexes are. Tried everything but cant save the hud i want permanently.

Fortunately im getting xbx, hope this is better or i'll be really gutted because i actually enjoy the game and dont want to stop playing or even consider pc3 as unsuitable for me in the future, should that happen.