PDA

View Full Version : [bug] Unachievable Ai lap times

LPlates
01-10-2017, 11:56
In some sessions the front two AI cars just seem to have miracle pace compared to me and the rest of the field.

Typically I would expect to see a few 10ths separating each car and generally a pretty even front pack.

Look at the final qualifying times for WatGlenGP. Absolutely no way should two cars from the entire grid magically be able to find nearly 4 seconds. Something is wrong with this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLDOgg9XcAAlpgg.jpg

GenBrien
01-10-2017, 12:00
Did you skip till the end of the qual session?

Roger Prynne
01-10-2017, 12:01
Did you use 'skip to end'?

Ninjad

LPlates
01-10-2017, 12:22
Nope, this was genuine. I participated in the whole session.

If that isn't ridiculous enough, this is the race result after 12 laps.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLDVKD5WkAACGF8.jpg:large

I had a great race with the cars in 3rd,4th, 5th and was overtaken on the final lap when I had a bit of a wobble. If it wasn't for the two front cars having ludicrous pace it would have been a great race.

Rodgerzzz
01-10-2017, 15:53
I read something about that Nissan GTP car being quicker than other cars in the Group C class although many of them cross competed. Is it a BOP issue with that specific vehicle?

slowGamer
01-10-2017, 21:26
I read something about that Nissan GTP car being quicker than other cars in the Group C class although many of them cross competed. Is it a BOP issue with that specific vehicle?

Sure looks like it. It would explain both qualiy and race pace difference

LPlates
01-10-2017, 21:30
They certainly seem to have a more than significant pace advantage. Not really a fair career race if they are just plain faster. Its easy enough to balance the cars with the boost/pressure settings so SMS should be able to fix it easily.

slowGamer
02-10-2017, 01:08
Some differences in BOP are probably expected or even realistic. But 4s/lap for a 80s average lap is too much, any racing organization would not let that pass

ace1973
02-10-2017, 02:19
It's that way across all vehicles, the first one or two cars are way faster, combine that with the AI difficulty slider not working correctly and running single player races, one of the only parts of the game that is close to right at this point, becomes very frustrating. I put the difficulty at 70 one race and can compete, just to be 7 or 8 seconds slower at the next track or next vehicle choice. So I put it down to 50 and run second or third. Needs work just like the majority of the game.

slowGamer
02-10-2017, 05:21
It's that way across all vehicles, the first one or two cars are way faster

I've played only GT4 so far and noticed the M4 (I like BMW) is way slower than the other cars, several secs a lap. The Cayman GT4 on the other hand seems competitive, or maybe OP even. It is a bit of a shame, or is the real M4 GT4 uncompetitve as well?
This game makes me doubt what is real and what is not. When modeling actual race cars from a real sanctioned series, it would be nice if they got it right. But at this point in time I'm not sure if what we are seeing a real BOP differences, or cases where not enough play testing or tuning happened on the part of SMS.