PDA

View Full Version : The rear view mirror in cockpit

JoshTheGeologist
01-10-2017, 12:41
When in the chase cam, the game gives you a rear view mirror at the top of the screen to see behind you.

When in the cockpit, you have to look up at the rear view mirror to see it.

Unfortunately since I have a wheel, I do not have buttons to look around so racing in the cockpit can be a little challenging. The spotter and AI presence indicator help but I'd really like a mirror.

I haven't seen a setting for it. Am I missing something? If not, I definitely think this could be a setting sms could add in a patch.

RacingTopsy
01-10-2017, 12:47
It's in the HUD customisation options.

I'm not sure if it's been in the patch yet or not, but you might need to switch to the "light" HUD to make it 'stay'.
You can however select all the displays and whatnot that you are using the in 'full' HUD in the 'light' HUD too.

JoshTheGeologist
01-10-2017, 16:31

I'm not sure if it's been in the patch yet or not, but you might need to switch to the "light" HUD to make it 'stay'.
You can however select all the displays and whatnot that you are using the in 'full' HUD in the 'light' HUD too.

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I've encountered another issue. I can't save anything once I make changes. Clicking save does nothing. I can only back out of the screen. Is that what you mean by making the changes stay? Or did you mean it changes between sessions? Cause right now I can't even save my changes for the current session. I can't get out of the screen unless I hit cancel

MXR SMILER
01-10-2017, 16:46
Use the cursor to move the boxes then highlight save with D pad should fix that.....

Krazy Kutter
02-10-2017, 14:00
Or you can go into the camera settings for a sec, dont have to change anything , and the mirror appears.

Lilfurbal
02-10-2017, 14:21
For some reason the rear view mirror hud element never stays on for me. I can enable it by going to the hud customization area, then leaving it, at which point the rear view mirror turned on. But whenever I load another track, or leave and re-enter the mirror is gone again. Also if I push a button to rotate between the hud style it'll disappear and not reappear when I re-select 'full hud', have to go into the hud customizer and exit to get it to appear again. I think it's bugged.

DeathMetalRacer
02-10-2017, 14:28
Yes until it's fixed if you use the hud rear view mirror, at the start of every race session you need to open your hud customization option then back out. It's a good workaround for the time being.

Plato99
02-10-2017, 16:15
Has anyone managed to see warning flags in the HUD yet? I can't get them to appear at all !!

kevin kirk
02-10-2017, 16:30
yea the highlighting the save box with the d pad is the trick to get that to save.

DeathMetalRacer
03-10-2017, 03:16
Has anyone managed to see warning flags in the HUD yet? I can't get them to appear at all !!

Flags haven't worked for me at all either. Not sure what the deal is.

Jezza819
03-10-2017, 04:55

I went into the HUD trying to get my lap +/- time showing up again and I couldn't find out how to do that but once I exited out of the HUD menu that rear view mirror was stuck up there. It appears to me that just going into that menu put it up there because I didn't see anyway to choose it. How do you get rid of it if you've got it accidentally?