PDA

View Full Version : Confused by TC & ABS Settings

Miker
01-10-2017, 13:41
Can someone explain these to me?

I play with Authentic settings. I have TC & ABS Mapped to a rotary switch, in game sometimes when I use the switch it turns ABS/TC On or off, sometime is gives an n/a message and sometimes it does nothing. All cars allow me to amend ABC/TC settings from the car management menu, regardless of whether they have ABS/TC. Finally, does increasing the ABS/TC settings from the in car management menu add more or less "interference" from them?

Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work to me please?

Thanks

RC-5PO
01-10-2017, 13:49
Can someone explain these to me?

I play with Authentic settings. I have TC & ABS Mapped to a rotary switch, in game sometimes when I use the switch it turns ABS/TC On or off, sometime is gives an n/a message and sometimes it does nothing. All cars allow me to amend ABC/TC settings from the car management menu, regardless of whether they have ABS/TC. Finally, does increasing the ABS/TC settings from the in car management menu add more or less "interference" from them?

Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work to me please?

Thanks

Increasing the ABS percentage gives more ABS assist
Increasing the TC gives less assistance from the traction control.
I believe I read they are going to change the number of steps from 0-100 to something more like 1 to 10.
As for turning them on and off I'm thinking if you have assists set to real and a car doesn't have the assist you are looking for it would give an N/A message. This is just a thought though.

whip
01-10-2017, 14:16
TC is measured in percentage of how much slip you allow, so a higher number allows more wheel slip (spin)

DeathMetalRacer
01-10-2017, 14:56
Good to know, I assumed increasing tcs to a higher value allowed less wheel spin, guess I was wrong.