PDA

View Full Version : Saved setups

BreadedVirus
01-10-2017, 14:37
I'm curious to know why we have to save setups constantly unlike PCARS 1 where you could make adjustments and hit the track?

The ability to delete setups has gone and now have to close the game, go to the Application Saved Data Management option on the PS4 to delete them.

I've noticed that saving too many setups causes the game menus to lag, which in all honesty is a reason why my race time thus far has been pretty low.

Is there a fix in the works for this?

skipptg
01-10-2017, 14:56
Setups are buggy as heck, sadly. Hopefully it is high on the priority list to fix.

Mon Pavion
01-10-2017, 15:10
Yeah. Its kinda a stupid mechanic but like the above poster said. Setups are completely FUBARd right now.

I think the main problem is the game doesnt recognize what car you are in. And since you can only load setups for the specific car you are in its all screwed up.

For example im right now trying to start a career in ginetta juniors. I did private testing at the first track, oulton park fosters. Saved a race setup and a qual setup. Went to practice and both setups were there. So practice and qual went fine. Got the pole by a few tenths. Come race day and i go to load my dry race setup and the game thinks im driving formula Renault. So none of my setups show up. Had to go back to private testing, literally take pictures on the setup screen with my phone, and go back to the career race and change everything.

Its really turning me off from the game tbh. Hopefully a patch comes soon.

Awong124
01-10-2017, 17:13
You can delete setups in game. Just go to the load or save menu, highlight the setup you want to delete and press Square.

DECATUR PLAYA
01-10-2017, 17:38
Once you setup a car the game will always load the last setup on the car even if you go to a new track. When going to a new track hit the x button to restore to defaults and then your other setups will pop up. Also sometimes there is a fuel bug going from qualy to race which will load different fuel values so always check your fuel after qualy before the race.

Have had a issue when going to a new track where there is no default tune because the game loaded my previous tune to the track. If you hit x and restore to defaults I can then find all my setups.

Also be careful when deleting setups because you can delete the default tune. Once again restoring to defaults fixes the problem. X button.

Minimitch
01-10-2017, 18:16
Most of my setups have disappeared in the Ginetta Juniors. It also always shows the wrong track in the title, it shows a track I've never driven on before

PervasiveFall8
01-10-2017, 18:22
I'll try your method and see if that works Decatur playa. But for me I worked on Indy IMS we up in TT and private. Saved and when playing on career Indy cars season the setups (2 of them didn't show at all- not in all, the environment or any other environment- I'm just getting use to just doing like you said reset to default and enter it in again especially as I'm only changing diff, gearing, aero for the most part and then save to new... been driving me a bit batty. If this issue didn't exist I could almost live with the rest. But the saving, and saving and then it not being there or changing up even though I didn't do anything - driving me over the edge of sanity sometimes

Trippul G
01-10-2017, 19:43
Once you setup a car the game will always load the last setup on the car even if you go to a new track. When going to a new track hit the x button to restore to defaults and then your other setups will pop up. Also sometimes there is a fuel bug going from qualy to race which will load different fuel values so always check your fuel after qualy before the race.

Have had a issue when going to a new track where there is no default tune because the game loaded my previous tune to the track. If you hit x and restore to defaults I can then find all my setups.

Also be careful when deleting setups because you can delete the default tune. Once again restoring to defaults fixes the problem. X button.

Thanks for that advice! I was getting frustrated this morning with doing my Formula Rookie career. Made some setups at Algarve, made sure I saved them under All Tracks, and when I went to Barcelona for the next round, all it would let me load was a setup for Formula Renault at Zhuhai (?!). Hopefully this method will straighten things out.

DECATUR PLAYA
01-10-2017, 20:54
Thanks for that advice! I was getting frustrated this morning with doing my Formula Rookie career. Made some setups at Algarve, made sure I saved them under All Tracks, and when I went to Barcelona for the next round, all it would let me load was a setup for Formula Renault at Zhuhai (?!). Hopefully this method will straighten things out.

Sounds like you guys might be having a few different issues offline all my advice is for online gameplay. Hope the suggestions work for you. I'm not having setup problems anymore.

Trippul G
01-10-2017, 21:03
^Point taken, cheers for that. I'll check it out anyway and see if it works, then report back here.

Krazy Kutter
02-10-2017, 13:57
Setup names and descriptions get stuck too, even when using a completely different one.

VRTOM
02-10-2017, 14:01
now i know why the menu's gotten slow! thanks!!

Trippul G
03-10-2017, 06:00

Just tried this and...no dice. I was at Catalunya in my FRookie, saved 3 setups, each to the All Tracks tab.

Went to Donington next, went to load from All Tracks, and there's nothing there. If I look under "Circuit de Barcelona", it shows a Formula Renault setup that I created for Zhuhai. Yet, if I try to save a new setup, it comes up with the name and description I used at Barcelona. I tried pressing X at various points to see if resetting to default would have any effect, but no dice.

I think it's pretty obvious the whole setup creation/management system is pretty borked right now. It's making career a chore because if I make setup changes that I want to apply to all tracks, I basically have to take pictures of the setup screens and then manually recreate it at every future track I go to. No bueno.

honespc
03-10-2017, 06:52
The setup system/section is the games laughing stock. Saves are messed up completely; the method not intuitive at all, etc

I don't think it's being fixed. Perhaps the fuel bug, but the rest it's going to stay as it is right now.

Roger Prynne
03-10-2017, 10:20
^ This is one of the reasons why he got banned for 10 days!

So be respectful guys and don't second guess what will be done or not done.

PervasiveFall8
03-10-2017, 11:00
Just tried this and...no dice. I was at Catalunya in my FRookie, saved 3 setups, each to the All Tracks tab.

Went to Donington next, went to load from All Tracks, and there's nothing there. If I look under "Circuit de Barcelona", it shows a Formula Renault setup that I created for Zhuhai. Yet, if I try to save a new setup, it comes up with the name and description I used at Barcelona. I tried pressing X at various points to see if resetting to default would have any effect, but no dice.

I think it's pretty obvious the whole setup creation/management system is pretty borked right now. It's making career a chore because if I make setup changes that I want to apply to all tracks, I basically have to take pictures of the setup screens and then manually recreate it at every future track I go to. No bueno.
This is probably the biggest issue with the game for me playing career.
Buggy cars or number of AI that causes it I can avaoid. It seems completely hit or miss as to whether I will get my setup on the car.
2nd career play through I went to TT and tested out and ran Indy cars in the tracks I was going to run on in short season: Daytona oval, Texas speedway, Indy oval, and Long Beach. I spent hours tweaking and testing pulling down others tunes etc. Not one of those tunes was available. I tried the reset to default- but essentially I just needed to adjust each manually and for some reason resave and for some reason the Indy oval tune that I'm able to do 39.5-39.7 sec laps in or 40.6-40.8 with out drafting and P2P I'm doing 51 second laps in full race?

So I keep changes to a minimum- diff, gearing, brakes, aero, TP and just manually do them each time. When cars default setups are good like Renault RS01 the game becomes much more enjoyable because this setup save/ resave/ wrong environment/ or wrong car goes away completely. When in endurance championship the game tried to load my c class proto tunes??? Until I deleted them. And 1st play through it wanted to load my aston GT4 setups and in both cases the car Toyota040 on 1st time and Audi erroneously R18 second time acted like it had open decel diff half the time. Not exactly set up you want for min 32 minutes or over two hours for lemans. Thankfully the R18 stiffenup and diff setting (which were too much) stuck for 2hour 13 minute race or that would have been unjoyable.

F2kSel
03-10-2017, 13:20
The problem is even if you do check the fuel settings sometimes it's impossible to get it to save it seems to keep reverting.
It seems to have gotten worse when they add the two stable and loose settings.
I'm not convinced that changing from Qualifying to Race doesn't load a completely different set up at times.

Jezza819
03-10-2017, 14:31
I'm having trouble distinguishing what is highlighted and what's not. Is dark blue highlighted or light blue? Maybe outline the box the selection is in to make it stand out more?

PervasiveFall8
03-10-2017, 14:57
The problem is even if you do check the fuel settings sometimes it's impossible to get it to save it seems to keep reverting.
It seems to have gotten worse when they add the two stable and loose settings.
I'm not convinced that changing from Qualifying to Race doesn't load a completely different set up at times.
I've not noticed the "stable" and "loose" setting - now I've seen this a couple of times on forums. Is this a PC thing? When did it get added?

bubbadabutcher
03-10-2017, 15:03
yeah, that's a pc thing. I remember seeing it mentioned that it may come to console.

for me, the save issue seems to revolve around tunes for cars that I've run in time trial, the ir12 and g57 specifically, applying themselves to cars I'm racing in career mode. that I've noticed, it only happens when I exit tt and go to career.

Trippul G
03-10-2017, 15:03
I've not noticed the "stable" and "loose" setting - now I've seen this a couple of times on forums. Is this a PC thing? When did it get added?

Yes, Stable and Loose presets are (for now) only available to PC users. Consoles are supposed to be getting them in an upcoming patch.

F2kSel
03-10-2017, 15:06
It was added quite late, two or three weeks before beta was closed to us, AI was also changed considerably just before release so neither had much beta time.
I'm on PC so I get the option, I don't know about consoles.

Trippul G
03-10-2017, 15:07
I'm having trouble distinguishing what is highlighted and what's not. Is dark blue highlighted or light blue? Maybe outline the box the selection is in to make it stand out more?

When saving setups, IIRC, the text is either white (unselected), or that light blue/violet color (selected). I agree, it's not immediately obvious, and I'm constantly getting tripped up there and in other menus because of it.

cxMilk
03-10-2017, 18:59

Hmm, for me, what Decatur Playa is describing is how I think it may be working for me, and I'm in career mode. Had made a base tune setup for the Karts in Free Practice and saved it to All Tracks. I was able to load the tune in the first race of the season, but starting in the second race of the season, the tune could no longer be found. However, I noticed when I went to edit since I thought I'd have to build the tune from scratch again, that the entire tune was still loaded.

Admittedly, and if this is indeed the case, it's all rather unintuitive. Would be nice to still see my tune under All Tracks even if it is preloaded to the car, if not for anything else, for peace of mind for those brief moments where I think the system's broken.

I haven't tried the press X thing though, so I can't share any thoughts as far as that's concerned.

Mip
03-10-2017, 19:56
Do I really have to save the setup if I change the fuel load? I mean, if I don't change anything else, just fuel for example for qual. It just seems pretty weird. And yeah, it keeps loading "loose" setup again and again when sessions changes. Or sometimes even if it doesn't.

Trippul G
03-10-2017, 20:41
^If you make ANY change, you have to save it for it to be applied. I'm not crazy about it either, but that's the way it is.

cxMilk
03-10-2017, 21:14
^If you make ANY change, you have to save it for it to be applied.
What's odd is that practically everything else auto-saves. Don't know if pit strats are auto or manual save since I haven't used them yet, assuming manual saves. But still, it's one of those things that strikes me as odd.

A lot of extra steps to go through when you're making a simple change. What's worse, is if you're in a practice or quali session, say in career, the timer doesn't stop ticking as you're going through the naming and saving process, which with an Xbox controller (i.e. no keyboard), can be a real pain in the backside.

ShneebnaMRR108
03-10-2017, 23:39
After saving about 10 or 12 car set ups, game crashes to the desk top. Any suggestions?

Roger Prynne
03-10-2017, 23:54
^ Yeah for now you need to delete some of them..... don't ask me why this happens though.

ShneebnaMRR108
04-10-2017, 01:07
Thank you, have been saving new, then deleting old as I go. But as I got into all the cars in the GT3 series, it started crashing. I take it that it's "save" data in general?
As of tonight, two leagues have postponed the race trials. Just can't work your way through to the actual race.

cxMilk
04-10-2017, 20:51
Hmm, for me, what Decatur Playa is describing is how I think it may be working for me, and I'm in career mode. Had made a base tune setup for the Karts in Free Practice and saved it to All Tracks. I was able to load the tune in the first race of the season, but starting in the second race of the season, the tune could no longer be found. However, I noticed when I went to edit since I thought I'd have to build the tune from scratch again, that the entire tune was still loaded..
Well, this does appear to be the case as long as you do the entire season in one sitting. Restarted my Kart season, the tune was available for the second race. Had an issue, had to reset the game, season was saved as of the end of the first race, and now I can't load the tune for the second race. Says there are no tunes available under Load Tune, however in Free Practice, the tune is definitely there saved under All Tracks.

I think it can't find the tune because the game isn't properly recognizing what car I'm using. Numerous threads existed over the past week where people kept complaining that the default tune was for the Dallara @ COTA, as was the case for me. I noticed the default is now set to the Formula Renault @ Zhuhai. Seems the default is set to whatever the first slotted community event presently is and the game thinks that's what car is loaded into my career season in regards to tunes.

Appears I either have to manually build my tune all over again or do entire seasons in one sitting so that the proper car is loaded throughout.