PDA

View Full Version : Initial help + (I think) usefull tips

Rickhendrikse
01-10-2017, 14:57
Okay, last week was tough. Looking forward to PC2 as much as I did, it felt like Christmas, easter, summer holiday and Sinterklaas (google it..) happened on one day.
You can imagine my disappointment after an hour or 2.

In pc1, with AI settings mostly above 90, I can still easily win after some tweaking. Finding the sweet spot for my T300 settup hasn't been easy in pc1 so i hoped this was solved in pc2. It didn't (i thought, keep reading).....
One week in, some races went well, most were FUBAR. Especially everything rally-ish and go-karts were impossible to drive. My coussin however, reported great handing and racing with his (almost similar) setup so it kept itching; was i doing something wrong?

Today, I decided to start over from scratch. A full clean instal. After 12gb of Firstday patch downloading i started again, this time i made a screenshot of the initial FFB settings (you know, might be usefull sometimes) and..... ready for the Top Gear Top Tip!?

IF YOUR HANDLING AND/OR FFB IS KINDA AARGHH; MAKE SURE YOU CALIBRATE YOUR WHEEL (IN MY CASE A T300 GTE) IN THE GOOD WAY.

In the good way? How many ways are there to do that? Well, two apparently. The second 90 degrees click is just as it says but the trick is this: when the calibration page asks you to turn your wheel full to the left or right, it means REALLY tot the full left or right. Believe you do me, if your handling sucked, it's probably because the was more right or left...uh..left.

After this, i only tweaked my FFB by raising the FFB volume to my liking and that was it. I'm catching drifts and almost spins in the rain, karting like Max V. in his best days and sliding around Hell like mister McRae. So after a week:

WHAT A GAME!

sirsilver1968
01-10-2017, 15:17
Totally agree regarding the wheel calibration, the game is amazing with my g29 i am using the raw profile default settings and im loving it.

marcel171281
01-10-2017, 19:00
Hey coussin! :D

Enjoy the game and with the patches coming it will get better and better!