PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions relating FFB, career, etc

Pro90
01-10-2017, 21:16
Hi guys,

great game, love it with my T300 on PS4 Pro. I just won the Ginetta Cup and was moving forward to the Clio Cup, first race at Brands Hatch. I used AI at 95/60 like I won all 10 Ginetta races, so I really know how to drive. Now that Clio is nearly undriveable for me. It spins out when steering a bit too much even without acceleration. Im I doing it wrong? Why does AI not struggle?

Also couple of question to Mods or SMS. What is the problem with FFB on Thrustmaster wheels and will the first patch fix those? Im using raw at 100, 25, 50, 50 and the graph is barely moving the first 2 bars. still more FFB would feel too hard. Any official help for better settings is appreciated.

Are those special events bugged and I should wait for those? Was reading about problems relating to AI not reacting to rain, snow, or wrong car behaviour.

Why is wheel calibration set to 900 when calibrating the second step? Shouldnt the T300 be 1080?

Otherwise dear Ian Bell, Mods, SMS devs: Its a great physics engine and fantastic weather system. Thanks for it. I never felt as close to driving in a race. After few patches this game will be nearly perfect.

rice_classic
02-10-2017, 00:06
Any way you can share your magical Ginetta GT5 setup? I can dominate at Donington but then get whooped at every other track in that series.

Pro90
02-10-2017, 11:09
You will laught, its default setup.

Lilfurbal
02-10-2017, 14:38
I have have a ts-pc racer and have noticed that when the steering wheel isn't properly calibrated, or if the game doesn't think your steering wheel is properly calibrated, the force feedback is absurdly weak, with a huge deadzone and is quite limp. But then when the steering wheel is successfully calibrated and you don't make any more changes to it the in game ffb profiles turn into something sort of amazing. Currently enjoying the 'immersive' mode, with somewhat bumped up FX. Feels pretty fantastic with everything I have driven with it, however I then updated my steering wheel's firmware and then for some reason the game ffb became annoyingly limp. After several laps I knew something was wrong, re-did the calibration and then it suddenly started working properly again. The game seems very sensitive to the wheels calibration.

Also in the thrustmaster control panel the default setting is 900 degrees, needs to be changed to 1080 and then recalibrate in the game.

NineLine
02-10-2017, 14:45
I am a t300 user as well, i initially set my wheel to custom in the wheel selection tab and received better results. I then downloaded and used jack spades FFB custom settings and had even better results. I'd recommend checking them out, i believe there is a stickied thread that can be found with a quick search.

edit: saw you are on ps4, jack spades probably will not work for you. sorry!

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 14:52
Now that Clio is nearly undriveable for me. It spins out when steering a bit too much even without acceleration. Im I doing it wrong?

Yes. Stay/get/be aggressive on the throttle. When you're on throttle, the weight shifts to the back wheels and gets you grip.
When you're off throttle, what you experience is off-throttle oversteer, a trait of aggressive tuned FWD.

Also couple of question to Mods or SMS. What is the problem with FFB on Thrustmaster wheels and will the first patch fix those? Im using raw at 100, 25, 50, 50 and the graph is barely moving the first 2 bars. still more FFB would feel too hard...

Try 100/35/50/50.
T300 should easily handle that.

Also depends what car you drive. A high downforce prototype will have much more ffb than a GT4.

Pro90
02-10-2017, 15:02
Thanks a lot, gotta try that out. 35 could be the point where the wheel just feels too hard without any other feedback. But its not clipping.

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 15:19
100/30/50/50? Or 90/35/50/50.
Find the volume you like. Test with a high downforce car up eu rouge, take some kerb. Or T1 road America. They're both high load corners with rough kerbs that stress the ffb.
If you're getting no clipping and lots of detail, you're good.

Pro90
02-10-2017, 15:32
Sorry for being a dumbass but would you recommend a car? Sounds silly but I wanna make sure its right. Spa sounds good, will be tested. And thanks again, always nice to get some professional help ;)

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 15:44
My pc2 ffb favourites so far are the F50GT and 365 Daytona. Personal go-to for testing High load ffb is the Oreca because I'm familiar with it, and used that car to dial in PC1 ffb.
But the R18 and Indy will be higher up the steering load scale and probably have the greatest ffb loads. So if you can handle Indy at high speed, the rest will feel fine (probably numb!).

... always nice to get some professional help ;)

Ye, I need some :glee:

Deathbox_2112
02-10-2017, 16:35
I have have a ts-pc racer and have noticed that when the steering wheel isn't properly calibrated, or if the game doesn't think your steering wheel is properly calibrated, the force feedback is absurdly weak, with a huge deadzone and is quite limp. But then when the steering wheel is successfully calibrated and you don't make any more changes to it the in game ffb profiles turn into something sort of amazing. Currently enjoying the 'immersive' mode, with somewhat bumped up FX. Feels pretty fantastic with everything I have driven with it, however I then updated my steering wheel's firmware and then for some reason the game ffb became annoyingly limp. After several laps I knew something was wrong, re-did the calibration and then it suddenly started working properly again. The game seems very sensitive to the wheels calibration.

Also in the thrustmaster control panel the default setting is 900 degrees, needs to be changed to 1080 and then recalibrate in the game.++

Any specific reason why you think the TS-PC has to be calibrated at 1080? I have mine at 900 and it's linear in the game. I also have to pump up the FX to feel any road noise. I'm using Jack Spade's medium FFB. I haven't felt the "Limp" feeling in my wheel, but I'll re-calibrate later and see if there is a difference.

Pro90
02-10-2017, 17:35
Just for letting you know how your clio tipp was: Yesterday I was 5 seonds behind the pole lap, today I was on par with it. Both days AI was set to 95/60. So your help was pretty amazing, although its a shame I did not work it out for myself. I guess this is what happens when you play sims for years without having a driver license lol