PDA

View Full Version : Ice Driving - Mercedes Proving Ground / GT3 German Round 1 - PS4

gufazi
01-10-2017, 22:30
Hmm.

I'm not a huge fan of rally racing or drifting, but I can manage usually. However, with my first encounters on ice in PCars2, I literally cannot make it around turn 1!

Yes, I have "ice" tires and yes I've mess with the setups for more grip (of course saving them can be tricky).

Am I just bad? Is this (another) PS4 bug or is the PC and XBox the same?

livingit
01-10-2017, 22:32
Ha i'm getting that on nearly every track on PS4 (Ice or Not) !

gufazi
01-10-2017, 22:40
I'm reading in the general forum that snow might be broken, I'm not sure if its related to my problem. Has anyone gotten passed the Mercedes Proving Ground?

Patrickb1973
02-10-2017, 03:25
I'm reading in the general forum that snow might be broken, I'm not sure if its related to my problem. Has anyone gotten passed the Mercedes Proving Ground?

Been unable to do it, so gave up for now after like 10 tries

FreefallRLC
02-10-2017, 07:27
My career has a race in snow now and I stopped playing. Absolutly impossible to drive on it. No matter what car or setup. The AI drives like on tracks and I cant drive 30 meters straight without spinning around. Toptally messed up. If they dont fix Ice and snow the whole weather system is useless

middle finger
02-10-2017, 08:00
I got the same problem.

Flins
02-10-2017, 08:08
All is bugged in this game ,,, and no patch yet !

the game is a regression compared to PC1

:concern:

gufazi
02-10-2017, 11:53
My career has a race in snow now and I stopped playing. Absolutly impossible to drive on it. No matter what car or setup. The AI drives like on tracks and I cant drive 30 meters straight without spinning around. Toptally messed up. If they dont fix Ice and snow the whole weather system is useless

At least I'm not the only one! Between the snow and Formula C tire bug, my career is stopped, too. I'll just start a new driver I guess.

The pre-release quality control on this game (at least the PS4 version) is one of the worst I've ever experienced in 34 years of playing video games. It's no Atari ET or anything, but with my 8 hours or seat time, I can't remember ever running into so many OBVIOUS things in a game that just plain don't work.

I had such high hopes, too! Pre-ordered the deluxe digital version and everything!

saygday1
02-10-2017, 20:16
I had this problem in career driving the GR.A at Mt Panarama snow and a iced over track, the track temp reading -13 completely unable to drive, car would not even drive in a straight line without spinning tried tyres and setups with no luck:mad:

Setcaptain
07-10-2017, 09:42
Yes m8īs , you are all right. But anyway after reading we had all the same probs i just gave it an other try and DID IT.

I set race duration to 10 mins, in order not to get too f***ed up quickly, activated SC and a bit TC, ABS and drove patiently.

After a few mins it starts snowing, this is the moment when the car gets better and you can beginn to attack. Just wait for snowfall.
Maybe setting to 15 min is better.

JoshTheGeologist
07-10-2017, 14:17
I tried driving the stock car on that track... Even with ice tires I could literally not go past 5mph before the car would just spin and do donuts.

With a rally car I could drive just fine. Maybe it's the difference of 2 wheel drive vs 4?

hossa
07-10-2017, 17:32
Hmm.

I'm not a huge fan of rally racing or drifting, but I can manage usually. However, with my first encounters on ice in PCars2, I literally cannot make it around turn 1!

Yes, I have "ice" tires and yes I've mess with the setups for more grip (of course saving them can be tricky).

Am I just bad? Is this (another) PS4 bug or is the PC and XBox the same?

OK. Ehm... I don't have any problems on ice. I did the rally x lite international (and there is the mercedes ice track). It's quite the opposite: I overtook all opponents twice in 4 laps. They were slippering and for me it felt like asphalt. However I also had the GT3 issue. Couldn't make it out of the box lane...

Have to make a video about the mercedes track

Rivnat
08-10-2017, 21:23

Just tried to do it, and failed miserably. As soon as I left the start grid, the car would suddenly lose all grip, even tried messing with the car setup, and turning all assists on, nothing worked, while the AI is able to race easily.
Well, I do hope it's bugged.

Playing on the PC, with a G29.