PDA

View Full Version : A diamond in the rough (a break from complaining)

GRTfast
02-10-2017, 00:46
So, I'm sure we are all frustrated by the many issues the game has in its current form. Here's some praise.

I played an online lmp2 race this evening at Daytona road course. Qualifying was evening with light rain, then the race was night with a thunderstorm. Aside from getting rammed a few times, it was the most authentic racing sim experience I've ever had. Completely blown away. Wow. Once this game is patched up, it's gonna be pure gold. The puddles, and rain moving across the track were simply brilliant. Every time I get frustrated with the bugs, something like this happens and it makes me giggle like a little girl.

PervasiveFall8
02-10-2017, 00:55
Forget which career or race I did but it was a fairly long race and seeing the damp line versus wet line was pretty dog gone awesome!

Another for me is the COTA endurance race it starts just before sunset and even shortest race 32minutes takes you into the night. The lighting on the track is epic, and when you pass the cars at night there you see your shadow move across track in such realistic manner. I smile evertime I see it. On my second playthough just a couple minutes ago

weerufus
02-10-2017, 08:45
Some of the visuals are amazing, I was in the Ginetta GT4 yesterday at night & loved it when I passed a car mid corner & their headlights filled the cockpit with light for a split second as our lines crossed.

Done a few wet races, Watkins Glen was great but I have yet to experience a drying track & racing line.

As you said loving the game despite the issues which will be ironed out I'm sure- SMS could easily have played safe but they have really went for it, pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

I say be glad with what we have rather than be downbeat due to what we haven't.

HockeyNick30
02-10-2017, 11:16
So, I'm sure we are all frustrated by the many issues the game has in its current form. Here's some praise.

I played an online lmp2 race this evening at Daytona road course. Qualifying was evening with light rain, then the race was night with a thunderstorm. Aside from getting rammed a few times, it was the most authentic racing sim experience I've ever had. Completely blown away. Wow. Once this game is patched up, it's gonna be pure gold. The puddles, and rain moving across the track were simply brilliant. Every time I get frustrated with the bugs, something like this happens and it makes me giggle like a little girl.

Very similar experiences on this end! This will be my SIM of choice for a long time. Especially if some of the bugs get squashed.

HaglePer
02-10-2017, 11:43
I have a blast myself. Some cars/tracks are unplayable at the moment, guess it will be fixed in a patch. So for now I stick to the cars I know are ok, and they are a blast. Also I love the selection of tracks. After years of Forza and the same tracks over and over, it's a blast driving so many different tracks.

Favorite cars so far is Ferrari F50 (the sound is just awesome), and the Renault Rs01.
Only real downside is poor fps at times, this game deserves 60fps steady.

Looking forward to a patch!

Mowzer
02-10-2017, 17:22
Yeah i totally know what you mean i did my final race in the first season last night in the Ginetta Junior at Brands Hatch GP it was raining then it turned to sleet and started to go dark. Wow it was so realistic this game is so amazing :D.

Chimildo
02-10-2017, 20:37
Some of the lighting effects are quite awesome, I was racing on line around Watkins glen and when I ran over the kerb on turn 1 the way the light shone inside the car was awesome

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 21:06
It's nice to see some good comments about the game on the XBOX, even with some of the bugs you guys are getting.
Keep em coming.

snipeme77
02-10-2017, 21:21
As I said, the game technically is fine, the contents great. Its just whoever play tested the game that a horrible job... I really doubt that a video game developer would release a game in this bad of shape intentionally, especially when only one console is effected.

When you're playing project cars everything works the way it does on PC and the way it should, you feel like a hero in a action movie. The car drives fantastically, weather conditions are awesome, Rallycross is quickly becoming my new favorite Motorsport... But that feeling quickly disappears when you crash into a pit cart on the front straight away of Fuji that just randomly appeared, losing a race that you've been running for a half hour...

I am eagerly awaiting this first patch, so we can finally get the game that we paid for and were promised on September 22nd. But right now, I am going to ridicule the game because it's broken... I know it's not SMS fault because they outsourced the play testing, but God dang, right now it's horrible...

llE mc2
03-10-2017, 03:29
yes it has some bugs and issues, but the core gameplay itself as a driving/racing simulator is excellent.

Goooner1
03-10-2017, 06:49
Yes, there are bugs (show me a game that's not got bugs these days) but I'm coming up for 20 hours on it now and am having an absolute blase.

Tried Forza 7 for an hour last night, yes it looks prettier, but I know which game I'm going to be putting most time into and it doesn't start with F :)

weerufus
03-10-2017, 07:04
loving the game in its present form & know better is to come....on the downside I've now started looking at the Xbox One X as an upgrade.

Ive read a few snippets about improved frame rates & resolution etc, does SMS/WMD have any specific info on this? do the team have an opportunity to test the game on the 1X prior to its release or is it a case of wait & see how much of a step up it is?

It's nice to see some good comments about the game on the XBOX, even with some of the bugs you guys are getting.
Keep em coming.

XFR Spike
03-10-2017, 07:36
We had our 3rd race night, last night.. first two went smooth & last night was no exception. We took the Astra out on the tight & twisty little Oschersclaben ribbon then stepped up into the 488 GT3 at Monza. We cycled weather in our 30lap Monza race from dawn till just after dusk and it was simply awesome!, both in terms of physics, environment & driver interaction.. but it doesn't stop there. Cars handled well, race strategies really worked (with guys changing tyre choices on the fly before requesting a pit) WTF! it's like racing :cool: Tyres started to lose grip as the track temp dropped and the sun went down... we could feel our bad Forz-abbits costing us as pC2 taught us some very credible lessons :o What a spectacular game! It feels to me like the best experience of pCARS2 is in private MP lobbies & yeah there's stuff needs addressing, but if you only ever review pCARS2 from a solo perspective, do yourself a favour. Grab a few mates, or give us a shout, organise a race one night & then you'll experience it at its absolute best... incredible work SMS!

Gav88888
03-10-2017, 10:06
I loved PC1 from the moment I played it, being a Forza fan boy before that, and I love PC2 despite the bugs and cack graphics at the moment. Once the patch updates come out hopefully it will be more polished and playable as there is a long list of bugs right now. Not gone online yet as been spending my time getting a car per class setup for online racing and also progressing my 2nd career. Keep up the good work WMD.

HLR Toffo
03-10-2017, 11:24
I actually played PC1 with a pad and grew to like it. Although the frame rate killed it for me and I gave it up.

Now I'm on PC2 with a wheel and the framerate is much improved, even at this early stage.

I'm enjoying it and very optimistic for the future of the game.

Good work SMS

Mowzer
03-10-2017, 14:49
I made i video of my race in the rain and sleet the other night

http://youtu.be/GyNg5rPR1DM

Mowzer
03-10-2017, 16:24
Thanks Roger i was not sure how to do that ;).

bubbadabutcher
03-10-2017, 16:40
to me, PC2 is a game made by racers who obviously actually care about getting it right. the feel of most cars and all the attention to detail is truly amazing.

Without hesitation, I'll take some weird glitches that will be patched out anyway (like Gooner said, show me a game that releases without them) over any of my available of alternatives. the game is a great accomplishment.