PDA

View Full Version : A bit about me + looking for serious racing drivers

Sgt Formula 1
02-10-2017, 02:02
Salutations fellow racing drivers! Let me properly introduce myself, my gamertag is "Sgt Formula 1". I'm currently 28 and one of those Autistic candybar pants salads. I've been playing racing games for as long as I can remember, starting with the Indianapolis 500 and MegaRace on DOS, switching to console and handheld (cuz' poor and no knowledge, and too lazy to acquire said knowledge, of how to build a PC) playing Mario Kart 64, Super Circuit, Double Dash, and DS. Eventually upgrading to a Forza Motorsport 2 demo, then FM2, 3, and 4 for the 360; even got the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel and stopped using assists and with cockpit view only. I became too disappointed with the actual racing aspect of their game because it changed from a console racing sim to a customization fest, a sell out to cater to the masses, and a car DLC milker franchise. I then moved over to F1 2011, was really impressed (at the time) by the music, career mode, and the immersiveness of everything. I even have a sort of makeshift F1 setup now. I purchased F1 2012, 13, 14, saved up for, and wore out the Fanetec CSR Elite wheel from so much use, then finally got the Xbox One, Ferrari Itailia Spider Wheel, a makeshift racing suit (racing shirt & pants, somehow, from this nifty place called "Goodwill"), a F1 like Motorcycle Helmet online, work gloves that look good and grip my wheel decently at Wal-Mart, and F1 2015 and 16. Then, last year, I found you, Project Cars. Because of how real it feels and makes me feel like it's real, I started playing the living crap out of it. I made my own Vintage F1 seasons in the quick race mode, keeping track of which AI were driving which cars, finishing positions etc. I did a revisited 1963 and 1967 F1 World Championship, it was a blast! When I found out PC2 was going to have the historic Monza Oval+road circuit, I nearly creamed my pants. I only said all of this so I can find like minded individuals in similar situations who know what it takes for exciting wheel to wheel racing action.

THE POINT:

I'm looking for people to race with who drive clean, don't use any assists (I never use the guided racing line), always manual shifting (for cars that don't use paddle shifters, I rigged my CSR H pattern shifter to my desk and even though it doesn't actually work with my wheel, I still use it and pretend like it works), people who don't mind sprint or enduro races, and want to have a fun competitive time. I also like to have manual pitstops, formation laps, and cooldown laps to add to the realism and excitement. I mainly drive F1 cars, but I also like Indy, Nascar, WEC, and want to try some rally. I'm no pro by any means but I can't seem to find many people who can keep up with me and if they can, they're usually much faster than me. If we get a group going, we can all agree on a car and a couple tracks to race on beforehand so everyone can get control setups ready. We could also do practice and qualifying session before each event too. I live in the USA central time. Let me know on here or send me a message on live if you're interested in joining me! Thanks a bunch!

Leroygtt
02-10-2017, 10:01
I was also considering posting a message like this on the forum. So yes, count me in. My gamertag is Pennilessleroy.

Sgt Formula 1
05-10-2017, 05:23
I'd also be willing to help out drivers who are new to No Assists racing, we could make a driving school.

Tonymeister
05-10-2017, 10:20
Sounds great Sgt. My system is buggy, at best, but hopefully patches will improve that and we can go racing. My gamertag is Tonymeister.

rpstar
05-10-2017, 12:21
I'm not a fan of formation laps so much but rest sounds good. Anyways, I'm up for the no-assists (depending on car). I prefer "Authentic" so if the car has no assists in authentic mode I'm game. I've completed a few careers this way but even after tuning it still seems the AI has better grip than me so maybe I can learn some new tuning tips. Gamertag is AstroCrux.

rice_classic
05-10-2017, 17:22
I like the challenge of "no-assist" racing, but only on race cars or road cars that would not be using them IRL. However if SIM is about "simulating reality" then one must accept the usage of assists on cars and series. Professional racing car series (some, not all) allow their usage. Teams will 'tune' them like any other part of the cars' setup. Even in series where they are outlawed - teams will still try to find away to use them or at least replicate their effects. Think of RBR in F1 2013 after the Singapore GP - There was a bunch of noise about RBR using an engine mapping technique that replicated a TC function.

For cars or racing classes where assists are legal IRL, it's illogical to remove them here.

Sgt Formula 1
06-10-2017, 03:51
Yeah it will be authentic depending on what car/series we will be driving. Most of the F1 cars I usually drive don't have any assists, or they do but the FIA doesn't allow them. Ill do some research in the near future about which cars have them/allowed to use them.

Sgt Formula 1
06-10-2017, 04:05
Im a novice when it comes to tuning my cars. Ive been getting better at it slowly but I agree the AI are tricky and pro tuners

Wi99hockyDad
07-10-2017, 02:45
Check out precision racing league

Also from WI

Sgt Formula 1
11-10-2017, 20:14
I will say that driving the 2018 Formula X or 2011 F1 car with it's Stability Control activated makes me feel like I'm riding a train instead of driving a super powerful race car. A lot of the fun is taken away. No wonder the FIA doesn't allow control assists.