PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Join over a Steam Friend on a Dedicated Server

surtic86
02-10-2017, 09:06
Hello there,

Right now it's not Possible to Join a Steam Friend on a Dedicated Server. Also you can't invite Friends from the Lobby to a Dedicated Server.

Thanks for looking into it.

takaii
02-10-2017, 09:29
Hello there,

Right now it's not Possible to Join a Steam Friend on a Dedicated Server. Also you can't invite Friends from the Lobby to a Dedicated Server.

Thanks for looking into it.

if in lobby press shift + tab and invite friend by rightclick "invite". done. But the set rank do you match it? You need to have match lowest setting to join maybe tht is the error? Just a guess

surtic86
02-10-2017, 10:43
I know how you can invite Freinds it has also nothing todo with the Rank because over the Server browser they can Join.. But you can't do this when your playing on a Dedicated Server. On Peer to Peer it's working.

epinter
02-10-2017, 14:33
Same here, for me and a friend. Tested with my own server, changed a few configuration options (including "controlGameSetup: false"), no way to make it work. Tested with others server too. Pcars lobby invite button does nothing, steam join doesn't work too.

surtic86
03-10-2017, 20:02
Does the Dev know about this Issue?

ToxicTears
04-10-2017, 05:31
Same problem here. Half players in community canīt see our DEV server. Invite not working, steam invite not working. P2P "no" problems, but dev is terrible. Project bugs 2.

Penalty system - what? Worst system ever.
Lobby setting - worse like PC1

and more bugs ....

Lessen
21-10-2017, 12:30
Bringing this back to the top. I am also having a problem seeing a friends' dedicated server. I seem to be the only person in the league that is having problems seeing it. Obviously I have the best luck when filtering for DS, but it actually showing up is kind of random. Yesterday I only saw it once in probably 30 refreshes and I got DC'd just as soon as I joined. Also, trying to join a friend who is already in that lobby is generally unsuccessful. I always get "server not responding" in Steam. Is the problem on my end? I am not particularly techy when it comes to this sort of stuff.

F1_Racer68
25-10-2017, 16:58
Joining a Dedicated server by following a friend on your Steam list DOES NOT WORK. Period. Neither does sending a Steam invite. The recipient cannot join. Also the in lobby Invite button does NOTHING. Just issues a beep sound when you click on it, with no interface being made available.

This has been an issue since day 1 and was NOT addressed in the most recent patch (2.0).

surtic86
12-02-2018, 10:26
Push!

This is still a Problem with the new 1.4 Patch.