PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Visual damage after restart session

jespergb
24-09-2017, 17:47
When i restart a session - then my windshield is still broken - and if i have mechanical failure it is still there.

Another bug - when i click go to pit - the cars jumps to some random place and jumps and get more damage etc. quite strange.

Siberian Tiger
24-09-2017, 17:50
The one with Damage on Restart is on the List.. Acknowleged

Pteradon
I've encounterd the same bug, damage is not reset when i restart a session.

Aldo Zampatti
When i restart a session - then my windshield is still broken - and if i have mechanical failure it is still there.

Another bug - when i click go to pit - the cars jumps to some random place and jumps and get more damage etc. quite strange.

can you describe what car/track (if an specific) and what session type? Quick race/time trial/Practice?
thanks!

jespergb
24-09-2017, 17:52
I tried it on all tracks and with all the cars i tried. For example mclaren GT3 on Donnington.

Aldo Zampatti
24-09-2017, 20:45
I tried it on all tracks and with all the cars i tried. For example mclaren GT3 on Donnington.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it easily (had to crash hard enough on purpose which is something I try to avoid in normal circumstances) :) I'll pass this over the devs.

konnos
24-09-2017, 23:26
For me, if i reset the event, it fixes the damage, but tge windshield is still broken. Pitting doesn't fix it.

doodleco
25-09-2017, 10:40
I get the problem if I crash the car in practice or qualy. When I go to the race the car is repaired but windscreen still cracked and paintwork scratched all over. It looks like the damage gets fixed but graphics don't update. I don't mind this during a race because scratches on bodywork wouldn't be repaired in the pits (unless you replace panels of course) and I like seeing the state of my car at the end of a long race, but I would like to start the race looking clean and shiny.

Stubez
25-09-2017, 16:38
I've had a quick search but couldn't find anything related to this, so I apologise if this has already been covered.

I've been playing a bit today and noticed that if my car receives damage in a session, when I then make a pit stop, return to pit, restart session or even skip the session, the damage remains on the car. I think that the car is fixed, but the display of the car is still showing damage. For example, in one session I crashed and sustained severe damage (broken windscreen, missing bodywork etc) and that remained until I left the whole race and restarted the weekend.

I just wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 17:18
I just wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

Yes, it has been noticed and reported to SMS.

w0rthy
28-09-2017, 23:29
I get the problem if I crash the car in practice or qualy. When I go to the race the car is repaired but windscreen still cracked and paintwork scratched all over. It looks like the damage gets fixed but graphics don't update. I don't mind this during a race because scratches on bodywork wouldn't be repaired in the pits (unless you replace panels of course) and I like seeing the state of my car at the end of a long race, but I would like to start the race looking clean and shiny.

Can confirm, any visual damage dealt to cars (windshield or scrapes on bodywork) is not fixed when either returning to pits in practice/qualifying, saving a setup in practice/qualifying, or through any pitstop. This means if you break your windshield in practice or qualy you will be stuck with a broken windshield/scratched car for the rest of the sessions including the entirety of the race. Also, returning to pits does not give you fresh tires; you have to save a setup to get new tires.

Lakiboom
02-10-2017, 09:19
Broke the car. After restart session car anyway has visual scratches and broken front window.

Konan
02-10-2017, 09:29
Broke the car. After restart session car anyway has visual scratches and broken front window.

Yes...this is a known issue...

NaRP
02-10-2017, 18:47
hi,

After a session with damages, if i restart a session windscreen damages are still here - all others are ok :

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/6461/1ka2h0axatg0e6dzg.jpg

Config:
Latest version of Game : 1.1.3.2.0822
CPU/RAM : i7 3770 / 32 gb
Card : GTX970 /latest Nvidia Driver
Controller : Xbox-One gamepad controller

rakon
02-10-2017, 20:43
i can confirm

Bealdor
02-10-2017, 20:44
Known issue.

Sankyo
02-10-2017, 20:44
Yes it's a known issue, to be solved in the upcoming patch of I'm not mistaken.

Bealdor
02-10-2017, 20:47
Multiple threads merged.