PDA

View Full Version : G29 huge problem, steers itself without aids active

Pro90
02-10-2017, 13:21
Hi,

hope you can help a friend of mine. He uses the G29 without driving aids and right calibrated on PS4. When driving in career, the wheel trys to hold the racing line as it uses its forces to change your line. When in corner the wheel suddenly decides to force you back to the line so that he spinns out because of two different actions. Something like a steering assist but more inside the wheel. In videos he gave me its not visible but he feels how the car gets pushed to a specific line what always ends in the car spinning out.

However when not using a GT3, kart, etc in a default race, everything seems to be fine. Also he mentioned the problem was NOT active in the pre install Mc Laren race. So he knows how it should feel. I was going through all his settings, calibration and it was fine. He even reinstalled the game twice. Has anybody an idea of what that is?

Sankyo
02-10-2017, 13:56
So steering assist in Gameplay Options is disabled?

Pro90
02-10-2017, 13:58
Yes, definately.

Sampo
02-10-2017, 15:48
Was the career started with steering assist enabled? Maybe it was left on in the career? Just a thought.

Sum Dixon-Ear
02-10-2017, 15:54
I get some very weird behaviour from the GT3 cars with my Fanatec, feels like steering help as well.

hkraft300
02-10-2017, 15:54
Countersteer?
Try the ffb settings in my sig. If the wheel is calibrated properly, the wheel will react to braking/throttle/water/understeer/oversteer/bumps...

Was the career started with steering assist enabled? Maybe it was left on in the career? Just a thought.

Or the day 1 patch turned it on.
Project cars patches think they are funny, messing with your settings :rolleyes: