PDA

View Full Version : [NO] Does racing with AI increase safety rating?

Anthroban
02-10-2017, 14:40
Just the letter portion of your license - the class - not the number score. If racing clean with ai in multi, whether someone joins or not, increased my license class I could get out of the crashers in E,F, and U licenses.

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 15:32
Short answer, No.

nepal roade
02-10-2017, 15:39
Shame as I'm at the point of not wanting to join the lobbies any more because of the flagrant disregard and disrespect of other drivers. I'm tired of seeing cars just literally drive through other cars as if they are not there or just turn in on a corner like they just don't care if there is a car inside or not. I'm an old guy and a clean racer and this is just spoiling the experience to the point of not wanting to race any more. I had hoped the licensing system would have started to weedle out these a**holes but it sure doesn't seem like it.:apthy:

Gix916
02-10-2017, 15:45
sounds like you need to join a league that organizes races on your platform. These have rules etc so plenty of clean racing to be had.

kapnk066
02-10-2017, 17:15
Shame as I'm at the point of not wanting to join the lobbies any more because of the flagrant disregard and disrespect of other drivers. I'm tired of seeing cars just literally drive through other cars as if they are not there or just turn in on a corner like they just don't care if there is a car inside or not. I'm an old guy and a clean racer and this is just spoiling the experience to the point of not wanting to race any more. I had hoped the licensing system would have started to weedle out these a**holes but it sure doesn't seem like it.:apthy:

I'm and old guy too. (Ha!) IMO it will take several weeks for the weedling to even start making for an improved casual races multiplayer experience. But even then, as an "A" license holder in iRacing, I still see a significant amount of poor racecraft and poor situational awareness during "B" and "C" license races. P2 has gotten my attention .........so I think I'm ready to invest a bunch of time into it and see how it all pans out over the next several weeks.:yes:

bmanic
02-10-2017, 17:29

It's very simple: Just join a lobby, do NOT qualify.. at the start of the race, let EVERYONE pass you. Then slowly creep up from the last position and keep driving among other people, but in a safe way where you have enough space to avoid collisions. You'll quickly rank up your safety rating.. then after that only join or create lobbies with higher safety rating. It's really that simple and doesn't take all that long. It took me about 20 races (I keep tabs on my progress) to go from U to C rank once I understood this mechanic.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
13-10-2017, 15:40
If you race online regularly you will soon find people who are clean racers stick in the same lobby with a good host and the rammers will get removed and generally a lobby will fill up with good racers and your rating will soon go up

clanky
13-10-2017, 15:45
Short answer, No.

I could have sworn I did an AI race online and my safety rating went up, but I did have 1 spot open for human player.. guess it's possible someone joined and I wasn't paying attention. I made sure to race closely to the AI too, this was also before the very first patch hit.. So possible it changed or I am just plain wrong.

nepal roade
22-10-2017, 15:03
A couple of weeks later after my post above and I have to say I am much happier than I was then and really enjoying PC2 at last. I tended to avoid all lobbies for a few days and just enjoyed hotlapping and TT but then went back to racing with my quicker friends and decided to ignore the points rating and just do the best I could staying clean. Since then I've moved up to a C rating but also started to increase my skill points too. What has been most helpful is short 5 or 6 lap races racing my style of a bit slow and steady but consistent. It seems now that eventually I will find my appropriate level of skill rating and hover around that from then on. At least I hope that is how it will turn out. I stay completely away from public lobbies now too which I'm sure has helped. It's too early yet to give the system a thumbs up but the outlook is certainly better than it was.

F1_Racer68
25-10-2017, 16:54
It does work.... sort of. There needs to be at least 1 other human player in the room. Limit to 2 human players, get a friend you know and trust into the room and fill the rest with AI. Et voila!! This still works post patch 2.0.

Dozer K.A.O.
25-10-2017, 17:19
I was complaning at the beginning about this new rating system

Now i'm starting to like it, i have an A, and i can tell you systematically i have been ramed in 75% of the races i do online, i have the usual warning when someone have a collision with me, but then if i do my thing and keep the race clean on my side, my rating doesn't go down.

however.. my skill punctuation is always affected by those rammers, for being respectful i end many times at the end of the list, sometimes i go so angry that i have to leave the race and accept the point penalty, but other times i just enjoy the fight in the middle /end of the position list.

A good thing is always to see the safe minimum rating for enter the lobby, and many times i just see what rating players have when i enter and if everything is U or similar, i just leave.

wadafaka
26-10-2017, 14:09
It does work.... sort of. There needs to be at least 1 other human player in the room. Limit to 2 human players, get a friend you know and trust into the room and fill the rest with AI. Et voila!! This still works post patch 2.0.

I still don't think the AI drivers affect your safety rating or your skill rating. I think it's exactly the same if you have 2 ppl + 0 AI vs 2 ppl + 20 AI. Although you do have more chance to get bumped off track if you increase the amount of AI players, but your rating is not affected when you bump into them or they bump into you (provided you don't go off track) and you also don't gain/lose skill points for winning or losing vs the AI.

LeMansIndy500
31-10-2017, 22:54
I am an E rating at the minute and after 2 disastrous races in which I was purposely rammed multiple times for no reason my rating went back down to a U. I did 2-3 more races with just AI and my rating went back up to E. I am 100% certain that nobody else joined the session. That being said I've been doing races with just AI since and I haven't gone up to D just yet.

cpcdem
01-11-2017, 02:42
I am an E rating at the minute and after 2 disastrous races in which I was purposely rammed multiple times for no reason my rating went back down to a U. I did 2-3 more races with just AI and my rating went back up to E. I am 100% certain that nobody else joined the session. That being said I've been doing races with just AI since and I haven't gone up to D just yet.

Maybe that was the infamous UI bug that sometimes shows the safety ranking as U? I don't think it's possible to go directly from E to U or U to E, without going to F in between, or at least it's not easy (maybe with a 100 lap race only!)

LeMansIndy500
01-11-2017, 18:29
Maybe that was the infamous UI bug that sometimes shows the safety ranking as U? I don't think it's possible to go directly from E to U or U to E, without going to F in between, or at least it's not easy (maybe with a 100 lap race only!)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I went from U back up to F and then E.