PDA

View Full Version : Getting rear ended should not effect rating

Karl87
02-10-2017, 16:02
I do my best to be a safe driver, I put priority on not wrecking over position in the race. But without fail in the first corner, especially if I start towards the front I get rear ended within the first few corners, sometimes even on the straights when someone in a Ferrari 488 comes up behind my 911R at warp speed and slams right into me, ok fine it happens I guess, must be really hard to move out of my draft... But the problem comes when the only incidents that happen are getting rear ended yet MY safety rating drops.

It feels like every race I get rear ended, and race director gives me a warning for a collision. Oh my bad, didn't know I could avoid that. I think only frontal collisions or front half of the car side swipes should be dinged. It is truly unfair to be hit in rating due to someone else's idiocy. Now if you want to fault the driver in the front the only way that can work is with human supervision over the replay to hand out penalties, otherwise stick to frontal penalties only. And good lord we need a safety car, so frustrating to qualify 1-4th place only to get used as a curb on the first corner because no one knows how to brake and thinks they will win the race in the first corner and you spend the rest of the race 30 seconds down.

ironik
02-10-2017, 16:07
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51891-Rating-System

Charger
02-10-2017, 18:18
I do my best to be a safe driver, I put priority on not wrecking over position in the race. But without fail in the first corner, especially if I start towards the front I get rear ended within the first few corners, sometimes even on the straights when someone in a Ferrari 488 comes up behind my 911R at warp speed and slams right into me, ok fine it happens I guess, must be really hard to move out of my draft... But the problem comes when the only incidents that happen are getting rear ended yet MY safety rating drops.

It feels like every race I get rear ended, and race director gives me a warning for a collision. Oh my bad, didn't know I could avoid that. I think only frontal collisions or front half of the car side swipes should be dinged. It is truly unfair to be hit in rating due to someone else's idiocy. Now if you want to fault the driver in the front the only way that can work is with human supervision over the replay to hand out penalties, otherwise stick to frontal penalties only. And good lord we need a safety car, so frustrating to qualify 1-4th place only to get used as a curb on the first corner because no one knows how to brake and thinks they will win the race in the first corner and you spend the rest of the race 30 seconds down.

So how then do you tackle the ones that know this and slam the brakes on to cause a crash and know they will get no points? If you leave a loophole then the rammers will exploit it.

longtings
03-10-2017, 22:03
Yes it should, there is no way for the game to assign blame automatically in an effective and reliable manor. You would need a live steward for every race. If such a system were possible iracing would have implemented it years back.

It should follow iracings model of not assigning blame and penalising both drivers, it’s proven to be effective.