PDA

View Full Version : [ISSUE] Multiplayer Stuttering/Short Freezes

TDS
02-10-2017, 16:39
on Single Player i can run Nords full grid with 60x time progression with 4 weather changes for the course of 2 laps race perfectly stutter free, smooth as butter.

in multiplayer it stutters a lot even with 8 players, changing the in-game v-sync to off and on nvidia panel force v-sync on, helps, but there's still occasional stuttering, like 2 times per lap.

tried lowering graphics to minimum and the problem is still there.
So something with v-sync or packets exchanges or netcode online seems to be with some issues

thanks.

i7 7700k @ 4.5ghz @1.25v
Rog Strix 1080ti @ 2000mhz
16gb ram ddr4 3333 mhz
Rog Max Hero MB

chieflongshin
02-10-2017, 17:49
It's similar on the pc. Love the game but multiplayers pot luck and keeps stuttering as people join and leave

TOCA2FREAK
02-10-2017, 19:49
Yes I am also experience stutters in multiplayer on the PC

FONS
02-10-2017, 20:44
Yeah me too, went out way too many times because of this.
I found out by watching my recorded videos that most of the stutters match when there's a lot of tyre smoke (specially race starts) and I believe some of them also from things happening on mirrors and also races at night. I have yet to try to lower this things from ultra to see if I fix anything.

psyco
03-10-2017, 06:44
My game freeze 1 sec when the ppl enter in the server. is frustrating when enter a lot of ppl. i cant drive with many freeze

TDS
03-10-2017, 06:57
it also stutter when people leave sometimes.

honespc
03-10-2017, 08:16
Happened on pc1 as well. They just won't talk about this issue since then (must be risky to fix or they simply can't), so expect no fix.

Jaood
03-10-2017, 10:05
Ridiculous. That shit should have been fixed in pc1.
The whole online racing feels bad, as if everyone has a ping >200. Same guys i have a 30 ping with in other sims are yellow here. No pingfilter for players so you are guaranteed to have some lagging wreckers in every major session.
What is this?

MarcusarilliuS_IRL
03-10-2017, 10:51
Ridiculous. That shit should have been fixed in pc1.
The whole online racing feels bad, as if everyone has a ping >200. Same guys i have a 30 ping with in other sims are yellow here. No pingfilter for players so you are guaranteed to have some lagging wreckers in every major session.
What is this?

I agree. There should be some way to filter and exclude by ping.

TDS
04-10-2017, 05:45
@Andrew_Wot
His instructions worked when i used 62.8 cap on steam,the 63 didnt worked, i use a tv :-) it fixed the mid corner stuttering, the join lag still happens but much less severe, this still need a fix.

"if you suffer from weird stuttering, judder, stroboscope effect in turns when camera moves around quickly, here's the solution that worked for me.
After trying everything to fix that annoyance I used same trick that worked in pCars1.
1) Turn Vsync off in game
2) Force Adaptive Vsync in video driver
3) Add the following launch options in Steam game properties -fpscap 63
(Also Try 62.8 see this post (#25), not 100% sure though if 62.8 vs 63 makes a difference, could be placebo, but it does look smoother, not worse for sure )

You can even set prerendered frames to 1, it's still smooth and doesn't tax GPU as much plus eliminates input lag.

Finally, butter smooth gameplay.

P.S. It wouldn't help if your GPU can't keep up, only if you get that stuttering at otherwise stable 60fps."

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 07:07
IIRC the join/leave hick-up will be improved, SMS is working on it.

NeonWilderness
06-01-2019, 15:39
Is there any news about this issue? I've just had my first multiplayer race (on Xbox One) and everytime someone entered or exited the lobby the game freezed for a few seconds; not only I've usually lost control of the car when the game re-started, but it seemed some other drivers didn't have this issue as I've found myself suddenly behind people that were a few seconds behind me.
Is there any solution to this issue? Or the multiplayer is totally unusable. WTF?

Mahjik
06-01-2019, 16:54
It cannot be completely addressed as it's an issue with peer-to-peer networking. However, your network bandwidth will play a role into which is likely why it's impacting you more than the other drivers in your race. Ensure that you are directly connected to a switch or your router rather than using wireless and it will help.