PDA

View Full Version : Just some examples of poor graphics that maybe can be looked into and improved.

kevin kirk
02-10-2017, 20:06
Who knows how this will turn out but here it goes. This first one I would like to point out how jagged the back of the car I'm following is. Notice how the black top of the car isn't even from the left side to the right side. Also note the jaggedness of the entire back of the car causing the outline to change from green to black and that constantly switches and gives a sparkling effect to the outline of the car when following. 241681 ......this shot I would like to point out the jaggedness of the stands, fence, paddock and so on. The reason I'm bringing this up is yes we are zooming by this at 180 and don't need to see the detail, but the issue is the jaggedness of it flickers and literally sparkels as we are moving past it. It literally looks like every outline of all you see flickers and flashes and wiggles as we go past it. 241682......Here on the right of the picture shows the extreme jaggedness of the fence on the far right. Notice how the nearer it gets to the car the more jagged it becomes. This changes from time to time with sometimes it gets less jagged the closer you get as you will see in another picture. Again the issue is all the things that look so jagged are also sparkling and flickering, sometimes actually shaking or jumping as you make laps. 241683 Here is the sparkling effect on the fence in the back ground, compared to the fence and other objects closer to the car. 241688 I couldn't catch the stands flickering and sparkling like I did with the fence in the last photo in a photo doing it but every jagged outline looks like that fence does. The outline for stands,fences,cars in front.

RobPhoboS
02-10-2017, 21:13
I think we did get a bit of a bum deal on the normal Xbox one (I was playing Forza 4 at a friends place and I thought that looked nicer at times :concern: eek )
At this moment I wish I bought it for the PC, especially as we don't have dedicated servers either (yet?).

The only thing is that the One X should hopefully have loads of settings turned up but it feels like it is quite choked on the XBOne, poor thing.

kevin kirk
03-10-2017, 04:45
I think we did get a bit of a bum deal on the normal Xbox one (I was playing Forza 4 at a friends place and I thought that looked nicer at times :concern: eek )
At this moment I wish I bought it for the PC, especially as we don't have dedicated servers either (yet?).

The only thing is that the One X should hopefully have loads of settings turned up but it feels like it is quite choked on the XBOne, poor thing.
.........For me the game looks best with the lowest exposure compensation setting I can stand. Then as it gets darker I just keep raising that setting number. Some parts of the day the game looks almost as good as Pcars one, then the slightest amount of time of days passes and 3 laps later it looks pretty horrible in that same spot you were admiring before.

kwint1
03-10-2017, 07:09
.........For me the game looks best with the lowest exposure compensation setting I can stand. Then as it gets darker I just keep raising that setting number. Some parts of the day the game looks almost as good as Pcars one, then the slightest amount of time of days passes and 3 laps later it looks pretty horrible in that same spot you were admiring before.

yes the worst part for is the alias crawl, shimmering. anywhere there are fences it shimmers like crazy and the shadows also appear low res and jagged.

qlos the LOD on cars in front is pretty low for us poor xbox users

hoping that the X is boosted to high car models (4k assets please) in LOD and the shimmering and low res shadows are gone

forza 7 looks good but it hides a lot and is not as detailed as this game, good anti aliasing though and image quality.

pCars2 lighting and textures are way better in game

Disease
03-10-2017, 08:35
Honestly I couldn't care less if the graphics are like this as long as the game feels great through the wheel, the physics are on point and the frame rate is rock solid.
unfortunately, most of us haven't experienced all of those consistently yet so i'd rather they put all their effort into performance first but these are still fair points.

Roger Prynne
03-10-2017, 08:54
Guys, I know we sound like 'Broken Records' but there are fix's on the way for the XBOX's.

dreampage
03-10-2017, 09:00
Guys, I know we sound like 'Broken Records' but there are fix's on the way for the XBOX's.

You don't. I'd rather hear this every day. :) The more you are in contact with the community the better.

TopAirspace
03-10-2017, 09:35
To be honest, its incredible it even runs on the Xbox One and Original Ps4 given the amount of Calculating / Physics happening.

The One X should match high end PC's surely.

Gav88888
03-10-2017, 10:03

Good to know that fixes are on there way. Personally I would be happy with less track detail to help smooth things out. PC1 does look better which isn't great saying the older game is better looking, but otherwise PC2 rocks. I could provide a long list of bugs I have found in the hours and hours of play so far, but lets see how the patch updates go as I suspect it will address most of what people are commenting on in the forum and other social sites at present.

I have seen a list of the patch fixes in patch 2.0 as my friend is a tester on the PC version, and AA improvements are there as well as plenty of AI fixes. As many others have said improvements will come, we just need to be patient lol

Mon Pavion
03-10-2017, 14:10
Im just gonna go ahead and leave this here....

Diablo944
03-10-2017, 15:05

How did you get a pre release image of project cars 3 so quickly?

Mon Pavion
03-10-2017, 15:13
Just sayin...we have come a looong way. Lets all appreciate that.

kevin kirk
03-10-2017, 17:10

I have no doubt you guys have a game plan going on about patches and fixes. Not doubting that at all.

kevin kirk
03-10-2017, 17:43
To be honest, its incredible it even runs on the Xbox One and Original Ps4 given the amount of Calculating / Physics happening.

The One X should match high end PC's surely.

The regular xbox one is fine with running games like this. It runs bigger games like GTA5 fine and isn't even honestly being pushed to its limits in those games. Also the xbox X isn't going to improve gaming as much as you think it will. Don't be fooled by Microsoft.

Rockefelluh
03-10-2017, 20:05
The regular xbox one is fine with running games like this. It runs bigger games like GTA5 fine and isn't even honestly being pushed to its limits in those games. Also the xbox X isn't going to improve gaming as much as you think it will. Don't be fooled by Microsoft.

I don't agree with the first sentence. I remember reading PC1 was taking 75% of the CPU to do physics calculations alone. So with this game having even more overhead, I still think it is being pushed to the limits.

Also don't agree with the second sentence (although more dependent on the reader's expectations). If the One X gives me rock solid 60 fps then it is worth the upgrade. I do expect slightly better visuals/ lighting. I think these expectations are reasonable and will happen.

Just Another Frog
03-10-2017, 23:45
I don't know if it's us or a weird optical illusion but my son and I are convinced the visuals seem better in rear view (pressing 'Y') than they do looking forward

odemode
04-10-2017, 12:34
I turned all settings i.e exposure down and it seems better. XBX pre- ordered so GFX isn't an issue for me going forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_RNMJsQZWc

kevin kirk
04-10-2017, 23:31
I turned all settings i.e exposure down and it seems better. XBX pre- ordered so GFX isn't an issue for me going forward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_RNMJsQZWc

....same here, I turn up my tvs contrast alittle and turned the exposure down as far as I can see it and just turn it back up when it gets night. Looks much better

Psychomatrix
05-10-2017, 09:24
Xbox X ist for me no alternative at the moment because I calculate with a huge price drop next year. PS4 Pro you can get on some sale for 299 - 349 Euro. Microsoft will come under huge pressure next year. So I really expect that the game runs on Xbox one/s. I think the majority will wait and did not buy a one X at launch.

Just Another Frog
05-10-2017, 10:06
Xbox X ist for me no alternative at the moment because I calculate with a huge price drop next year. PS4 Pro you can get on some sale for 299 - 349 Euro. Microsoft will come under huge pressure next year. So I really expect that the game runs on Xbox one/s. I think the majority will wait and did not buy a one X at launch.

It wasn't an option for me either but yesterday I saw Project Cars 2 running first hand on PC and it's absolutely stunning at 60+ fps. XB1 has been a total waste of money for me so with both those things in mind an upgrade is now essential. My only real reservation is that a new console doesn't guarantee better games (XBox exclusives are very poor in comparison to those on PS4) and the XB1 X could just as easilly end up being another Microsoft console that relies entirely on annually franchised AAA games (EA Sports, COD, Forza to name but a few).

Civic
05-10-2017, 10:07
Also the xbox X isn't going to improve gaming as much as you think it will. Don't be fooled by Microsoft.

Microsoft haven't even been playing with their big cards.

Freesync and Freesync 2 support
VR/AR limited to OneX

Just these two bits of information that Microsoft have not been drawing attention to yet will completely change console gaming.

No more input lag, no more stuttering, no more tearing, just instant silky smooth graphics all the time.

Limiting VR/AR to the more powerful machine means developers can finally offer some decent VR games on console but when microsoft do finally start talking about this you will no doubt see them drawing attention to AR.

For the racer both of these are huge. In my testing input lag caused by v-sync can add a second per lap to lap times and removing this improves driving by improving reaction times incredibly. And we all know VR is the future of sim racing.

FWIW I'm a Sony/PC guy thinking of switching.

Civic
05-10-2017, 10:07

Considering how similar the graphics are on xbox and ps4 I'm surprised no one is using the GTS vs PC2 at willow springs video. Personally I think PC2 looks better than GTS in that video.

TopAirspace
05-10-2017, 14:24
I don't agree with the first sentence. I remember reading PC1 was taking 75% of the CPU to do physics calculations alone. So with this game having even more overhead, I still think it is being pushed to the limits.

Also don't agree with the second sentence (although more dependent on the reader's expectations). If the One X gives me rock solid 60 fps then it is worth the upgrade. I do expect slightly better visuals/ lighting. I think these expectations are reasonable and will happen.

I'm playing on Ps4 Pro and I'm already getting rock solid 60fps in all conditions, improved visuals and 2k resolution. So the One X will deliver more again surely,

I have both the One S, and Ps4 Pro.

Vitalricker
05-10-2017, 15:26
thanks

kevin kirk
05-10-2017, 17:47
Microsoft haven't even been playing with their big cards.

Freesync and Freesync 2 support
VR/AR limited to OneX

Just these two bits of information that Microsoft have not been drawing attention to yet will completely change console gaming.

No more input lag, no more stuttering, no more tearing, just instant silky smooth graphics all the time.

Limiting VR/AR to the more powerful machine means developers can finally offer some decent VR games on console but when microsoft do finally start talking about this you will no doubt see them drawing attention to AR.

For the racer both of these are huge. In my testing input lag caused by v-sync can add a second per lap to lap times and removing this improves driving by improving reaction times incredibly. And we all know VR is the future of sim racing.

FWIW I'm a Sony/PC guy thinking of switching.

no matter what Microsoft tells you the x will still have tearing, frame drops, and all those other things. The x isn't the console that's going to solve those issues. Those issues still happen on even the best PCs. Xbox is in a place were the games cant be especially made for the X because most people still use the original xbox. Developers cant destroy the game on the original to make it on the level the of the X yet. To many of their buyers still use the original. This is a compromise, transitional period of a new console. Its like it was when you went out and paid top dollar for the xbox one only to play games made for both xbox one and the 360 for the next year. Arent we all basiclly waiting for a VR console? Might as well save your money until there is a proven and working HD VR console, unlike the X currently is.

Civic
05-10-2017, 21:37
no matter what Microsoft tells you the x will still have tearing, frame drops, and all those other things. The x isn't the console that's going to solve those issues. Those issues still happen on even the best PCs. Xbox is in a place were the games cant be especially made for the X because most people still use the original xbox. Developers cant destroy the game on the original to make it on the level the of the X yet. To many of their buyers still use the original. This is a compromise, transitional period of a new console. Its like it was when you went out and paid top dollar for the xbox one only to play games made for both xbox one and the 360 for the next year. Arent we all basiclly waiting for a VR console? Might as well save your money until there is a proven and working HD VR console, unlike the X currently is.

Do you know what Freesync is? This is not a Microsoft feature and it actually works. Freesync is a feature that requires both your display and computer to support it. Unlike V-sync that introduces lag, Freesync is a system that syncs the refresh rate within an operating window without introducing perceptible lag. It is a system that has been around for years on PC and it works, this has nothing to do with Microsofts claims as they haven't been making claims since at this point TV's do not support Freesync and getting the benifit would require the use of a Freesync monitor. Also Freesync 2 is bleeding edge so they can't play that card yet as hardware support is not there yet.

And it seems like with the Freesync thing you don't know what you are talking about in regards to Microsoft policy regarding the Xbox and how it differs from Sony. Developers can absolutely support features such as VR on the One X with no requirement for them to support it on the base model xbox. Microsoft have said so, they have said the standard xbox will not support VR and this will be exclusive to the OneX.

BTW testing with results has already been performed on the OneX. You should check it out. OneX has already even shown improvements to standard games with no additional improvements from the developer required.

Again this is all coming from a Sony/PC fanboi who has never liked Xbox.

Sony made a massive error in policy when they released the PS4 Pro but Microsoft are not making the same mistake. Microsoft are making other mistakes which are worse though such as cross platform play with PC.