PDA

View Full Version : Knockhill - only 12 cars per race?

sampopel
02-10-2017, 21:22
What are the reasons for some tracks having a low number of cars permitted per race and is there any prospect of this being improved?

For example, Knockhill permits only 12 cars in a race. In real life, Knockhill has far larger fields, such as 32 cars racing in the annual British Touring Car Championship meeting.

It's great to have such circuits in the game but having artificial limits, particularly when they don't reflect real life limits, really reduces the satisfaction.

I believe it may be to do with pit lane sizes or something, but can compromises on pit lanes not be made to enable far more cars to be raced on the tracks? After all, this game is primarily about racing, the rest of the stuff, such as pit lane issues, is where any compromises should lie.

Iconiqk
02-10-2017, 22:46
I believe it has to do with the animated pitcrews, and because of this every car needs it's own pit box, so you're limited by the amount of pitboxes the actual track has.

seb02
03-10-2017, 07:51
What are the reasons for some tracks having a low number of cars permitted per race and is there any prospect of this being improved?

For example, Knockhill permits only 12 cars in a race. In real life, Knockhill has far larger fields, such as 32 cars racing in the annual British Touring Car Championship meeting.

It's great to have such circuits in the game but having artificial limits, particularly when they don't reflect real life limits, really reduces the satisfaction.

I believe it may be to do with pit lane sizes or something, but can compromises on pit lanes not be made to enable far more cars to be raced on the tracks? After all, this game is primarily about racing, the rest of the stuff, such as pit lane issues, is where any compromises should lie.

I agree with you

TKMSte66
03-10-2017, 07:58
I believe it has to do with the animated pitcrews, and because of this every car needs it's own pit box, so you're limited by the amount of pitboxes the actual track has.

There has to be a better solution than this. Its a bit daft. btw. Cant you have 16 in multiplayer?

cxMilk
03-10-2017, 08:07
That's unfortunate if that really is the reason. A feature that in my opinion is pretty useless, and unfortunately at this juncture, seems to be rather buggy. Buuuut, everyone cried for animated pit crews after pCars1 dropped. Hope they're happy.

Still wish we could have pit stacking, personally.

OzzyNeil
03-10-2017, 08:27
https://i0.wp.com/www.btcccrazy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Start.jpg?resize=800%2C445

Lets get it on!

sampopel
03-10-2017, 15:45
[/IMG]

Lets get it on!

That looks like the BTCC race of only 7 weeks ago. That's a proper Knockhill starting grid!!

Aldo Zampatti
03-10-2017, 15:50
The thing is that (in game) if you don't have enough Pit space, things can go south while in other sessions (Qualy, practice and every session when you're in pits), so that's th limitation for grid size normally in-game

sampopel
03-10-2017, 15:55
No possibility to have an option to race without the other sessions that involves pits, thus permitting a full 32 car grid?

There must be a better way than the current way.

Aldo Zampatti
03-10-2017, 16:21
No possibility to have an option to race without the other sessions that involves pits, thus permitting a full 32 car grid?

There must be a better way than the current way.

Not at this moment. Devs had to think a way of baking everything in. If you allow more cars then you won't be able to qualify or do practices, just race. That would get that track limited usability

plaid
03-10-2017, 18:08
Not at this moment. Devs had to think a way of baking everything in. If you allow more cars then you won't be able to qualify or do practices, just race. That would get that track limited usability

Why is the pitsharing feature gone btw?

I was really looking forward for the endurance support to race on LeMans and Spa with ~50 cars and rather hoped the Nür GP+Nordschleife would support more than 30 cars.Cases like Knockhill or Zandvoort could also profit from it.

AbeWoz
03-10-2017, 18:31
Why is the pitsharing feature gone btw?

I was really looking forward for the endurance support to race on LeMans and Spa with ~50 cars and rather hoped the Nür GP+Nordschleife would support more than 30 cars.Cases like Knockhill or Zandvoort could also profit from it.

Grid size cap at 32 (aside from Knockhill) has to do with the reworked physics, AI, animated pit crews, etc.

Aldo Zampatti
03-10-2017, 20:21
Grid size cap at 32 (aside from Knockhill) has to do with the reworked physics, AI, animated pit crews, etc.

That adds too. Everything does :)