PDA

View Full Version : Penalty System - Bugged?

docslap
02-10-2017, 22:39
I was wondering if there is work being done to the penalty system and if so what fixes?

Here is what has been experienced in online races:

1. BIG Issue: When on track racing or even on formation lap driver in front of me will spin out or crash, I will pass, at some point I will be asked to give position back. Why is a penalty assessed when the front driver crashes or goes off track?

2. Monza leaving pit, manual control, pit limiter on, issued flag for not exiting pit correctly. Drive through penalty issued. Came in to serve the penalty, pit limiter on, drove through, issued another penalty when exiting pits. Pit limiter was on all the way past white pit limit line. Appears that once I received the penalty I kept getting the penalty no matter what.

Thanks for the ideas.

dbr93
02-10-2017, 23:43
Agree for point 1 : is so frustating
Lost a race yesterday,1st position spin,i avoid it (forced to go off the track) and game ask me give position !
Driver take 10 seconds to comeback..
Need to check this and to fix because it was really frustating

NeonFlux
07-10-2017, 01:03
With regards point 1.... unfortunately some people are blantantly abusing this. I just had 1st place spin out infront of me and he drove his front end into the side of my car as I was driving past him. I got a warning for contact and had to give the place back. This could ruin online play.

I know sms must be really busy atm but when time permits it would be great if it could be looked at.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 07:58
i have an example of this on vid happened to me at brands a few nights ago its defo something they need to look into i would say

martymoose
07-10-2017, 08:16
I know sms must be really busy atm but when time permits it would be great if it could be looked at.

They should have been busy pre release and most of these bugs should have just delayed the game. Maybe the patch is already being worked on aka Pcars 3 but I would be amazed if PC2 gets much love in patches if it seemed release ready as is.

NeonFlux
07-10-2017, 12:16
They should have been busy pre release and most of these bugs should have just delayed the game. Maybe the patch is already being worked on aka Pcars 3 but I would be amazed if PC2 gets much love in patches if it seemed release ready as is.

Personally i think that if a solution can't be found the 'give the place back" could do with being taken out. Whilst the principle is good I'm not sure if computer code can ever be sophisticated enough to apportion "blame" correctly.

In this case if i were an unsporting driver all i need to do when i spin out is tap/hit the cars trying to go past me and hey presto i get the place back.

As someone who only drives online i can see this getting a tad frustrating. If it can't be fixed i'd rather see it taken out of online play.

Stache
07-10-2017, 12:59
Story of my multiplayer life :I get mixed up in the 1st or 2nd corner pileup ,try to drive evasively but get bumped offtrack and spin out or into anther car...recover and drive on, than the dreaded message;" 15sec to give place so and so back" .... WTF?????.

So if you don't come to a complete stop right then and there its a drivethrough penalty on top off the damage you already recieved ....pure BS !!. and ruining my multiplayer experience bigtime! (hey i'm still learning and not starting in the frontrow where you can avoid all the rambo's..............)

ironik
07-10-2017, 13:10
Guys, please try to keep it civil. :)
There are some flaws in the "give back position" system, yeah.
The rolling start has its flaws too.

I guess it would help a lot if you could record some videos of these problems.

NeonFlux
07-10-2017, 13:13
Story of my multiplayer life :I get mixed up in the 1st or 2nd corner pileup ,try to drive evasively but get bumped offtrack and spin out or into anther car...recover and drive on, than the dreaded message;" 15sec to give place so and so back" .... WTF?????.

So if you don't come to a complete stop right then and there its a drivethrough penalty on top off the damage you already recieved ....pure BS !!. and ruining my multiplayer experience bigtime! (hey i'm still learning and not starting in the frontrow where you can avoid all the rambo's..............)

Sorry to hear that. It seems to be happening to a lot of ppl.

Whilst I am a supporter of the rating system it does seem to be overly harsh, compromising good clean drivers just as much, if not more than, the dirty ones.

As it stands i think its open to all sorts of abuse. Just one possible scenario off the top of my head and I've not tested this yet but if I'm infront of someone and they go to overtake me clean, if i move over and give them a sly tap would the system make them give me the place back?

ironik
07-10-2017, 13:15
Sorry to hear that. It seems to be happening to a lot of ppl.

Whilst I am a supporter of the rating system it does seem to be overly harsh, compromising good clean drivers just as much, if not more than, the dirty ones.

As it stands i think its open to all sorts of abuse. Just in posdible scenario off the top of my head and I've not tested this yet but if I'm infront of someone and they go to overtake me clean, if i move over and give them a sly tap would the system make them give me the place back?

Nope, the give back penalty occurs when you overtake while being off track.

NeonFlux
07-10-2017, 13:22

When it happened to me last night i wasnt off track.... the car in 1st spun out.... it was on the outside of the track facing towards the apex. There was plenty of room for me to take the turn as normal but the car suddenly shot forward and hit me on the side. If it happens again I'll make a clip and post it.

Stache
07-10-2017, 13:29
yeah but sometimes you have to go offtrack to avoid the big pileups in the 1st or 2nd corner or during the dreaded rolling starts ,otherwise i would just have to stop wait untill they untangle from eachother wich is just plain d......

F2kSel
07-10-2017, 13:30

That's not the only instance it does happen if you hit someone and pass even if they're the ones causing the accident.
Because your are behind your assessed to be the guilty party.

Example.
A car behind me slid off the track and through the chicane he came back on the track right in front of me at 90 degrees to the track, I hit him and then had to wait and give the place back, He knew he was at fault so wouldn't pass me so we just sat there until he realised I was waiting because of the penalty I had to take.

Cars returning to the track need the penalty turning off for a second or two.