PDA

View Full Version : Karts FFB on Career Mode

marcoma
03-10-2017, 02:56
The FFB on my wheel (thrustmaster tmx) on karts are really weird. Its really noisy when cornering and not smooth like with any other car Ive used so far.

Ive tried tweaking with the ffb setitngs but nothing seems to work.

Maybe a known bug?

marcoma
10-10-2017, 17:51
bump

le mans kart track is unplayable unfortunately. both career and custom race.

Fanapryde
10-10-2017, 18:09
bump

le mans kart track is unplayable unfortunately. both career and custom race.
I have not done career races in the karts, but I tried out all kart tracks.
Compared to pCars1, the FFB is amazing and very close to real.
Just wish SMS would throw the 125 shifter in again.

Btw: you say FFB is not smooth while cornering, have you ever driven 2stroke karts IRL ?

Edit: noticed too late that you are on console, maybe there is some difference, but on PC it is great.

Gix916
23-05-2018, 12:11
I just tried the Karts the other day and got to agree with the OP. I'm getting really bad vibrations all the time..(similar to what I used to have on xbox with big grids of cars)

I know the Karts are not meant to be the smoothest ride, but my wheel sounds like a machine gun and I can't use the karts for long for fear of my wheel breaking. (Which is a shame because the Karts would be good fun otherwise.)

I'm on PC with a Logitech G920

Sankyo
23-05-2018, 12:32
I just tried the Karts the other day and got to agree with the OP. I'm getting really bad vibrations all the time..(similar to what I used to have on xbox with big grids of cars)

I know the Karts are not meant to be the smoothest ride, but my wheel sounds like a machine gun and I can't use the karts for long for fear of my wheel breaking. (Which is a shame because the Karts would be good fun otherwise.)

What profile and FFB settings are you using in-game? Have you tried a different profile, and tweak the settings to see if they influence the rattling?

Zaskarspants
23-05-2018, 13:50

I suspect you just need to turn fx down. Karts as suggested above are just quite a violent drive. FX=0 is unboosted and what I use for everything.

Gix916
23-05-2018, 14:23
Tried with FX at 0, turned gain down, turned vol down, turned tone down, tried all FFB flavours. Nothing seems to stop the wheel rattling..

edit: my problems are in custom race, as not doing Karts in career.

Zaskarspants
23-05-2018, 14:39
Tried with FX at 0, turned gain down, turned vol down, turned tone down, tried all FFB flavours. Nothing seems to stop the wheel rattling..

edit: my problems are in custom race, as not doing Karts in career.

My wheel is the same with karts. I don't think it is anything to be concerned about.

deadmeat
22-06-2018, 19:54
There is a massive difference between modes. Handling and FFB are both massively different (broken) in all race modes with the karts, but are both are fine in TT mode. Try it for yourself.