PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] People having different weather conditions in multiplayer

Marlborofranz
03-10-2017, 10:52
Hi folks,

just drove a race on the Red Bull Ring with real weather enabled and some friends joining the lobby. Some people had almost dry sector 1 with barely rain while I had a lot of rain and lots of puddles. In sector two in the left-right turn before the last straight in that course I had a puddle going straight across the track so no matter where I drive I had issues spinning out. Some of my friends haven't had that issue, though.

Its a known feature that puddles are a little bit random. They are on the same spot mostly buy the shape varies. Also there are real clouds so it doesn't always rain on the entire track but instead sometimes just on parts of the track. Can it be that all people on a race session are having rain but each user generates its own puddles and clouds randomly? In that case this should be synced to the host or something like that...

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 11:00
It's a known issue, will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

matias918
03-10-2017, 18:18
it there any temporal fix to avoid the problem?

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 18:25
it there any temporal fix to avoid the problem?

Not that I know of, other than not using Real Weather.

Marlborofranz
04-10-2017, 06:04
Thanks for the info! I was searching the forum a bit to make sure not to report that issue twice. But since this is a known issue, I probably didn't search properly. :eek:

Is this just happening when using real weather or does it happen also if we use weather slots instead? Maybe I'll try this tomorrow evening with a buddy and see if the puddles are the same in that case...

Siberian Tiger
04-10-2017, 06:09
Only Real Weather is affected by this Bug.

yons
04-10-2017, 07:50
Only Real Weather is affected by this Bug.

Real Weather is the real weather outside rigth? If it so I suspect this bug is not only on real weather.

On the weekend the group I belong make the first race of the season in Algarve with 2 weather slots: Heavy Cloud to Rain (45 minutes race) and one player did not need to change wet tires.
The track was really wet and with a lot of puddles but he was not seeing them and his pace were the same as dry. He went to the end in drys and won the race.

I was monitoring the race and could see he going right in the middle of the puddles without any problems and slides.
All the others players needed to change the tires and their time was consistent to a wet pace and were struggling with the puddles.

If more information is required just ask. We should have some race replays saved. :)

Chawabax
04-10-2017, 08:47
Is this "bug" affecting only PC version of the game?
I found no similar infos about PS4 or XBOX

yons
04-10-2017, 08:50
Is this "bug" affecting only PC version of the game?
I found no similar infos about PS4 or XBOX

I do not know... The problem I reported is on PC. :)

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 10:54
I don't know if Real Weather functionality is available on consoles, I think I remember a discussion on WMD about Sony/Microsoft not allowing for such a thing?

Anyway, also the non-real weather MP sync bug will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Carlos Eduardo Araujo
04-10-2017, 14:40
It's a known issue, will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Any predictions of when the upcoming patch will be released?

Sankyo
04-10-2017, 14:41
Any predictions of when the upcoming patch will be released?

No, sorry.

Meekstaaa
04-10-2017, 14:42
Hi,

Not sure If I'm putting this in the right place but to add onto this. It also happens between non 'real' weather transitions. We had a league event Saturday with around 30 drivers. The weather was set from dry into rain and this bug happened with a few people too.

Carlos Eduardo Araujo
04-10-2017, 14:50
No, sorry.

OK, thanks...we are waiting anxiously.

Marlborofranz
04-10-2017, 16:14
Once again I am amazed by how awesome the Pcars and WMD Community as well as SMS work together. :encouragement:

Micka1
04-10-2017, 21:13
I'm getting this everytime or almost.
It's getting very frustrating.
At a point I have to ask myself If I will be able to stay calm when I lose the qualy & race because of getting rain when others are on dry before launching the game.