PDA

View Full Version : Ford Fusion and Dallara

muerteh 650
03-10-2017, 13:05
Why do these cars turn left? It is not for a broken shaft, since it always happens to me. Thanks :)

Sessionerror
03-10-2017, 13:10
The oval configurations of those cars have an asymmetric setup for oval racing (only left turns), just like in real life ;)

Djuvinile
03-10-2017, 13:15
Why do these cars turn left? It is not for a broken shaft, since it always happens to me. Thanks :)

Seriously? why would there be 2 versions of it you think?

muerteh 650
03-10-2017, 13:22
As it does not happen in Project Cars 1 that's why I see tin, thanks:)

muerteh 650
03-10-2017, 13:33
Yes the versions Road it does not happen to me, but the Ford Fusion would have to have a version of Road, right? Since it also competes in non Oval track. Thanks:)

Deathbox_2112
03-10-2017, 15:26
They are set up for the corners, not the straight-away. That's why they pull to the left.

seb02
03-10-2017, 16:52
I agree with the ovals. but the Ford fusion has to be able to go straight for non-oval circuits.

Deathbox_2112
03-10-2017, 16:59
Are there alternate, road course setups for the Fusion? That might be what's going on. The road car and oval car are pretty much, the same.

muerteh 650
03-10-2017, 17:21
It is what the Ford Fusion said would have to have 2 versions like the Dallaras .Also they would have to be separated the Dallaras Oval and the Road since in real life they are not mingled between them. It's my point of view:)

Jussi Karjalainen
03-10-2017, 17:31
I agree with the ovals. but the Ford fusion has to be able to go straight for non-oval circuits.The Fusion runs on different physics when on ovals and circuits, it automatically detects the track type. This applies to the Agajanian Watson, Dallara IndyCar Oval version, Lotus 38 and the Lotus 56 as well.

The Dallara IndyCars have significantly different body kits for oval and circuit, and we wanted to keep the possibility of driving the low drag bodykit on circuits as well, hence why they're listed as separate cars and not only relying on track type detection.

muerteh 650
03-10-2017, 17:39
The Fusion runs on different physics when on ovals and circuits, it automatically detects the track type. This applies to the Agajanian Watson, Dallara IndyCar Oval version, Lotus 38 and the Lotus 56 as well.

The Dallara IndyCars have significantly different body kits for oval and circuit, and we wanted to keep the possibility of driving the low drag bodykit on circuits as well, hence why they're listed as separate cars and not only relying on track type detection.

So the Fusion fits the type of track in the game? And the Dallara does not? Thanks:)

Deathbox_2112
03-10-2017, 18:23
Correct. You can run either version of the Dallara at a track, on the tracks I've been on. I've only been on Indy, LongBeach, RA and Texas and I could choose either body kit.

muerteh 650
03-10-2017, 18:38
Correct. You can run either version of the Dallara at a track, on the tracks I've been on. I've only been on Indy, LongBeach, RA and Texas and I could choose either body kit.
Thanks:),would only be in two groups the two types of Dallara so that when you put the same class are the ovals with the ovals and the Road with the Road are not mixed , is my idea.:)

Jussi Karjalainen
03-10-2017, 20:15
So the Fusion fits the type of track in the game? And the Dallara does not? Thanks:)The Circuit Dallara has one physics set, but the Oval Dallara has two, one for ovals and one for circuits, and automatically picks between them based on the track. Meaning you can run the low drag car on circuits as well if you want to. So you shouldn't get the oval version on circuits, unless you have an oval setup loaded up.

That last bit actually applies to all the cars I mentioned before, they do all have circuit physics sets that are loaded when you select a circuit type track, but if you load up an oval setup it'll still behave like an oval car.

muerteh 650
04-10-2017, 00:11
The Circuit Dallara has one physics set, but the Oval Dallara has two, one for ovals and one for circuits, and automatically picks between them based on the track. Meaning you can run the low drag car on circuits as well if you want to. So you shouldn't get the oval version on circuits, unless you have an oval setup loaded up.

That last bit actually applies to all the cars I mentioned before, they do all have circuit physics sets that are loaded when you select a circuit type track, but if you load up an oval setup it'll still behave like an oval car.

Thanks Jussi Karjalainen :)

JoshTheGeologist
04-10-2017, 02:17
Its a really strong pull to the left. I've also experienced the stock car pull to the right. It is especially noticeable on road courses, the car drifts in a straight line.

See here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53547-Bug-Ford-Fusion-Stock-Car-weaving

seb02
04-10-2017, 06:36
The Fusion runs on different physics when on ovals and circuits, it automatically detects the track type. This applies to the Agajanian Watson, Dallara IndyCar Oval version, Lotus 38 and the Lotus 56 as well.

Thank you for these explanations. But, I tried the ford fusion on Watkins Glen, and the car turned left in a straight line. Can you or anyone else look at this?

JoshTheGeologist
04-10-2017, 11:39
Thank you for these explanations. But, I tried the ford fusion on Watkins Glen, and the car turned left in a straight line. Can you or anyone else look at this?

It pulls in both directions. It is impossible to handle. Their pull just does not relate to any other NASCAR game I've ever played. Granted the ones these days suck, but back in the day, EA sports made realistic games. It never handled like that, and I don't feel like it should now. The swaying it does in a straight line makes it so so so hard to control.

Jussi Karjalainen
04-10-2017, 17:38
Thank you for these explanations. But, I tried the ford fusion on Watkins Glen, and the car turned left in a straight line. Can you or anyone else look at this?I can take a look at it, some small drifting is expected due to the driveline type (puts more load on one driven wheel than the other) but it shouldn't be major.

AbeWoz
04-10-2017, 17:48

during the whole race/practice or only the first few laps?

If you have an asymmetrical tire pressure setup, the car will pull to one side until the tires get warmed up/equalized.

seb02
09-10-2017, 08:11
during the whole race/practice or only the first few laps?

If you have an asymmetrical tire pressure setup, the car will pull to one side until the tires get warmed up/equalized.

how can I correct this?
and other question: To drive on the oval of Monza that turns right, what do I modify in the car parameter?
In fact, I wonder what parameters make drives the car left? to the right?

AbeWoz
09-10-2017, 10:41
tire pressures (when cold), camber, weight jacker, springs, dampers