PDA

View Full Version : What the hell, thieving scum

Leper Messiah
03-10-2017, 13:16
This is a new low for the sim community openly admitting using ripped software on official forums. SMH

rich1e I
03-10-2017, 13:23
Apparently Assetto Corsa fanboys do not want to spend money on the competition's new game. Why not buy it pre-owned?

DEDDGUY3
03-10-2017, 13:27
try before u buy.
i do it.
i think it helps game sales.
especially quality games like pcars2.

whip
03-10-2017, 13:46
that guy is the biggest AC fanboy ever, his opinion and what he does literally means zero

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 13:51
Apparently Assetto Corsa fanboys do not want to spend money on the competition's new game. Why not buy it pre-owned?
That's not possible with pC2 being tied to Steam I think?

REFNightmare
03-10-2017, 13:53
Didn't know it was possible to pirate this game. I thought the initial load of the game where it says "Verifying..." was it checking whether the game was a legitimate copy. If it's just checking loaded setups and the like then I'm a little disappointed lol

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 13:56
Didn't know it was possible to pirate this game. I thought the initial load of the game where it says "Verifying..." was it checking whether the game was a legitimate copy. If it's just checking loaded setups and the like then I'm a little disappointed lol
Any check can be circumvented by hacking the code. It's circumventing the Steam verification AFAIK.

E_Luckow
03-10-2017, 14:15
That "guy" is one of the more disgusting AC fan boys, one that love to venting how "awful" PCars is...

And the idiot has the audacity to say that had a pirated copy of Pcars2. Just pathetic

RacingAtHome
03-10-2017, 14:27
I used to torrent FM when I didn't have the money to get it. That was the only game I torrented. Last year, I got money from going to university and bought it. I'm not advocating for doing this at all though.

This guy is nowhere near that reasonable.

Roger Prynne
03-10-2017, 14:38
Most if not all games that are pirated won't let you go online though.

Khyber GT
03-10-2017, 14:41
admitting piracy online when your IP is recorded on forums. smart.

valfar
03-10-2017, 14:42
Not defending this guy, by any stretch of the imagination. But, I too, like to "try before you buy" in some cases. Especially when it comes to franchises that are, uhm, known to release games that need a few patches before the game works like intended.

I also fully respect people who are of the opposite opinion, and thinks this is like stealing.

Some developers you just know release games without any big issues, while some dont, and I understand it.

chig88
03-10-2017, 14:52
Not defending this guy, by any stretch of the imagination. But, I too, like to "try before you buy" in some cases. Especially when it comes to franchises that are, uhm, known to release games that need a few patches before the game works like intended.

I also fully respect people who are of the opposite opinion, and thinks this is like stealing.

Some developers you just know release games without any big issues, while some dont, and I understand it.

I'd understand that, to an extent, as long as the person doing it either bought the game or deleted it when they'd made a decision on whether they liked it or not. I'd be surprised if many people did though.

That's why every game, ever, should have to release a demo IMO. 40-50 is a lot to pay for something that might be an absolute dud, especially given the limited options for refunds.

If I recall correctly Sony promised around the time of the PS4 announcement that demos would be available for all games. Obviously hasn't happened at all though :mad:

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 15:12
Demos is another discussion, with people saying it can stimulate sales, while others say it does the opposite...

mkstatto
03-10-2017, 15:13
In the age of a distinct lack of demos for games and the demise of video game rental (blockbuster gone) I can sympathise and appreciate the arguement of try before you buy. But the way to do it is not by breaking law in any context, especially breaking copyright which 9 times out of 10 will probably result in the illegal copy being kept. What the industry needs to do accross the board (PC, PS4 and XBOX) is create a time limited access try before you buy scheme for titles. Steam effectively has this and it would do the gaming industry good if similar system modifications were adopted by Sony and Microsoft.

major sunscreen
03-10-2017, 15:28
From a purely mischievous motivation I'm so tempted to copy and paste 1.1 and 1.2 from the forum rules here for general consumption. My restraint is quite frankly heroic :-p In all seriousness a thread like this is disappointing to see given the moralising that goes on elsewhere..

Anthroban
03-10-2017, 15:31
Pirates are clowns. With refunds on Steam there's no reason not to purchase a game. The bogus "try before you buy" argument has nothing to stand on.

konnos
03-10-2017, 15:35
Ok guys calm down, he did buy the game afterall :)

major sunscreen
03-10-2017, 15:38
And of course piracy is theft. Although my knowledge of the internet/downloads/law is very limited. I can't imagine it's a particularly bright thing to do though, given that the person concerned can afford a pc to run a pretty high and game on (unless that's stolen too of course).

Minolin
03-10-2017, 15:59
Ok guys calm down, he did buy the game afterall :)

Actually he even said he needed more than 2h (steam refund timeframe) to be setup his pedals and be convinced to buy it. But I see, this thread isn't about piracy or demo, but an AC fanboy who exposed a weakness.

kofotsjanne
03-10-2017, 16:10
The mature sim racers pirate but keep quiet about it. Im mature. Did this post made me immature?

doneta
03-10-2017, 16:16
Pirates are clowns. With refunds on Steam there's no reason not to purchase a game. The bogus "try before you buy" argument has nothing to stand on.

Steam's refund time window is not enough to figure out if the game works correctly on your PC. Everyone knows you burn thru those 2 hours very quickly.

Haiden
03-10-2017, 16:24
Steam's refund time window is not enough to figure out if the game works correctly on your PC. Everyone knows you burn thru those 2 hours very quickly.

The refund window is fine. It's just not conducive to sim testing. Which is why sim developers need to have a Demo, or, at the very least, a couple pre-configured/polished car/track combos that people can try out of the box without fiddling to get an idea of what they can expect from the title.

Rodgerzzz
03-10-2017, 17:02
AC Fanboys are the sim racing equivalent of die hard Liverpool supporters...

Anthroban
03-10-2017, 17:02
edit: Baleted!

Leper Messiah
03-10-2017, 17:35
Actually he even said he needed more than 2h (steam refund timeframe) to be setup his pedals and be convinced to buy it. But I see, this thread isn't about piracy or demo, but an AC fanboy who exposed a weakness.

No the thread is about someone admitting to piracy, where did he say he actually bought the game? If so then I apologise for the tone of my post. If he's bought it can the mods change the thread title? He still a plonker though, got AC so far up his unmentionables any rodents up there can also play the game.

kevin kirk
03-10-2017, 17:50
I'd understand that, to an extent, as long as the person doing it either bought the game or deleted it when they'd made a decision on whether they liked it or not. I'd be surprised if many people did though.

That's why every game, ever, should have to release a demo IMO. 40-50 is a lot to pay for something that might be an absolute dud, especially given the limited options for refunds.

If I recall correctly Sony promised around the time of the PS4 announcement that demos would be available for all games. Obviously hasn't happened at all though :mad:

every game sold has a 30 day money back or under so many hours played refund. I have got 2 refunds from Microsoft on digital downloads just this year. Naturally hard copies can be taken back to the store. That is a law

kofotsjanne
03-10-2017, 17:56
No the thread is about someone admitting to piracy, where did he say he actually bought the game? If so then I apologise for the tone of my post. If he's bought it can the mods change the thread title? He still a plonker though, got AC so far up his unmentionables any rodents up there can also play the game.
I pirate aswell. Print this post and make a thread about it. Im a thief. PUNISH ME!

Anthroban
03-10-2017, 17:58
Isn't discussion of piracy against the forum rules? You guys admitting to it and endorsing it might be courting a ban. Just a PSA.

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 18:01
I think this thread has served its purpose.