PDA

View Full Version : Thank you SMS - Your engagement with the community is appreciated

rice_classic
03-10-2017, 16:21
The internet.. or more specifically, anonymity, tends to breed toxicity and the gaming world experiences it in spades. Developers from other franchises are pulling back in how they communicate and engage with their communities due to this.

I (we) appreicate, Ian and team, for continuing to be part of the forums, keeping the negativity in check and remaining engaged. People don't realize how time consuming it can be, and frustrating, to engage the public - especially a public that can say whatever they want behind the curtain of anonymity.

The CEO of the corporation I work for would never in a million years engage an "end user" in a public forum like this - not a chance - hell, they'll barely engage an "end employee" of the company. That goes for most publicly traded or large privately held companies outside of the tech/software industry.

The kind of access gamers have to directly communicate with the highest level decision makers in the organization is remarkably unique and for the most part unappreciated.

PCAR2 is great game and I (we) appreciate your engagement.

Thank you SMS.

drizzit
03-10-2017, 16:45
Can't really add anything but my wholehearted agreement with this post and a thank you to SMS and the forum mods for putting up with us all, please keep up the great work! :D

msmith792
03-10-2017, 17:18
Agreed. What really turned me off on PC1 was the lack of communication and slow/lack of patches to address issues. This is a much better start so far. Hopefully, this game continues to be supported for quite some time. It has enormous potential with some key updates and improvements.

Shooter80
03-10-2017, 17:29
Engagement? Depends which questions you are asking I suppose. Game was released 10 days ago, the Dedicated Server is almost unusably broken, and not one single bit of confirmation or communication from SMS on it at all. The online filtering is almost non-existent. The only threads I see them post on (using the SMS posts search at the top) are for minor issues, or borderline 'off-topic' discussions.

From where I'm standing, regarding communication and patches, I'm disappointed. Seems to fit your description of PC1 pretty well.

The 'core' of the sim/game is great, but I can't say the same thing about multiplayer. Yet I'm left with absolutely no idea if they acknowledge the issues, and plan to fix them.

Grijo
03-10-2017, 17:55
Well said @rice_classic. I think that everyone is appart that Project Cars 2 have bugs and are posting their findings. And Im sure that the SMS team are getting aware of everything. Mods and WMD guys are helping a lot too. Maybe they are not posting in every thread because some bring repetitive information about bugs that were already related.

In the present day, the PS4 version certainly have a lot of bugs. But I have faith that they will deliver the best experience for us, they wont disappoint us...they did not disappointed me in the first one.

takaii
03-10-2017, 18:01
To me it seems that some mods WMD guys have some communication with the devs since they tell us that the admins are aware of the bugs etc and seem to know details we dont know.
anyway they dont need to tell us anything really. Just look at sony or nintendo no real conversation at all. There is no must for devolopers to directly communicate with us all. However they seem to be in and read a lot since they get about the bugs etc. But instead of being here communicating they seem to work on the next patch which is much much better. but i guess people want them to work less and talk more ;) I want the opposite

Shooter80
03-10-2017, 18:14
Yea, most developers don't respond on forums, or give lists of known bugs. And just leave the users in the dark about when a patch will come, and what it will (hopefully) fix. In that respect, from my point of view, SMS is just like all the rest.

I'm not saying SMS isn't doing something that I expect/deserve them to do, its just I don't really get why people are directly praising them for something they are not doing.

My disappointment comes from expectations I had incorrectly built up where forum posters and previews that claimed "SMS were different", that "WMD" was something new and 'better', that the game would be 'solid' at launch. But that's on me, I got (some well done) marketing mixed up with reality. No hard feelings. I'll hopefully now be less likely to make similar mistakes in the future.

takaii
03-10-2017, 18:39
Yea, most developers don't respond on forums, or give lists of known bugs. And just leave the users in the dark about when a patch will come, and what it will (hopefully) fix. In that respect, from my point of view, SMS is just like all the rest.

I'm not saying SMS isn't doing something that I expect/deserve them to do, its just I don't really get why people are directly praising them for something they are not doing.

My disappointment comes from expectations I had incorrectly built up where forum posters and previews that claimed "SMS were different", that "WMD" was something new and 'better', that the game would be 'solid' at launch. But that's on me, I got (some well done) marketing mixed up with reality. No hard feelings. I'll hopefully now be less likely to make similar mistakes in the future.

Yep i cant take blaim for those expectations and those words might have been true for them. probably WMD members etc since they helpet out financially being their and supportive. Now we are just paying to use what they made its not like we bought a relationship hehe. But yes expectations are on you and you can only blaim that on yourself. You seem like a honest nice guy i hope i see you on the racetrack! Would love a race!

Shooter80
03-10-2017, 19:07
Thanks, hope to see you around too, I'll be driving a BMW and I wont crash into you (should be easy to spot me then).

Expectations really have been the enemy here. PUBG started an Early Access, with half a game, that didn't work very well at all, its still barely enough to consider to be a whole game yet its sold 10million copies and nobody has any legitimate complaints because its not supposed to be finished. Remembering back, the CS:Source launch was always something I considered to be genius....do an unlimited sell for 'beta' access (forcing everybody onto Steam at the same time), then take as long as you damn well please to fix it, it was 'beta' so nobody really had any basis to complain. Some people actually felt privileged to be able to test the bugs...

I assume plans like these were scuppered by the consoles, and its simultaneous launch, I guess we only have EA/Bandai to blame for that.